ADVERTISEMENT

Partial list of the transfer boys.....

I think this will self limit in the future. I'm sure the extra free year and Covid are playing a role this year in addition to the novelty of the situation. Remember that as the rule stands now you get one free pass and then would have to sit out a year for each subsequent transfer. After some of these players get less than warm responses for their services the portal may not seem as attractive going forward.

I think this will self limit in the future. I'm sure the extra free year and Covid are playing a role this year in addition to the novelty of the situation. Remember that as the rule stands now you get one free pass and then would have to sit out a year for each subsequent transfer. After some of these players get less than warm responses for their services the portal may not seem as attractive going forward.
That could have some validity to it.

I think this also sets the stage for more NCAA upsets in the next few years.

There are many players who will move forward with their transfers.

There's a TON of talent backlogged on CBB teams.

I got tired of scrolling that list. Miller Kopp from NW was a top 75 guy out of HS. That NW class didn’t pan out with Nance.
Who the heck is Jacquez Henderson from IU.

All that glitters...

Let’s take a look at player A. High school star. Rests on his laurels in college and is not happy with his playing time. “I‘m a five star, and Mr.. BB, I should start and play 30 minutes”. Unless he moves down in competition, his second school may give him the same outcome, unhappily riding the bench.

Player B is really good, but on a bad team. He transfers to a good team and enjoys the improvement. His team attracts talented kids from all over, so maybe Player B doesn’t get as many minutes as he would like. “I used to be the star, now I can’t get traction to even play 10 minutes”.

I suspect there will be disappointments out there, but at least kids can get away from the snake oil salesmen and get to a place they enjoy.

I went through the whole list. No A. Wheeler in there.

Me too. I was too busy reading the list, and not finishing this thread (or you could've saved me several minutes going back over the list thinking I had just missed it somehow the first time through).

Almost a thousand in the transfer portal now. I would have never imagined this to have mushroomed to the magnitude it has. 😯

That's a big pick-up for Michigan State....PG play was a huge hole in their offense for most of the season.
Agreed. And I have ZERO issue with this type of transfer taking place. He was a 3 star who went to a lower level conference and didn't have any big programs recruiting him. Now he gets to show what he can do at a top program.

Do schools have the right to not let a player back after entering the portal even if they decide to stay? I think there needs to be some rights for the school if they don't want them back.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Do schools have the right to not let a player back after entering the portal even if they decide to stay? I think there needs to be some rights for the school if they don't want them back.

I'm too lazy to look up what goes along with the school's scholarship requirements, but I'm fairly certain a coach could make it pretty clear they have no place on the team in the future, should they put their name in the transfer portal.

Not sure a player would want to return to that type of situation.

Yes and now Rocket Watts is leaving. No Rocket Mortgage sponsoring Rocket Watts at M$U.
Sounds like there is chatter that he was unhappy - even his post about entering the portal was weird "after negotiating a difficult decision".

What does that even mean?

• Haha
Reactions: TX4GB
Sounds like there is chatter that he was unhappy - even his post about entering the portal was weird "after negotiating a difficult decision".

Izzo seemed unhappy with Watts and Loyer (although he was hurt). That is odd wording. Negotiating a difficult decision with Izzo? Not even trying to hide the possible money exchange.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Izzo seemed unhappy with Watts and Loyer (although he was hurt). That is odd wording. Negotiating a difficult decision with Izzo? Not even trying to hide the possible money exchange.
Haha.

Izzo/MSU released a statement - sounds like they wanted Rocket to run the point and because of COVID they didn't have as much time to work him into the roll which probably lead to the frustrations.

Well it has to be difficult for a young man to make a decision while in the company of an old white guy blubbering with tears rolling down his cheeks.

Who was the MSU big man who got into a screaming match at the end of the half against UCLA? Is he sticking around, or is that just how the coach and players deal with each other in that family?

I believe he meant, "...after navigating a difficult decision...".

A driver can "negotiate turns", a person in sales can "navigate negotiations", and I would wager that pilots could also "negotiate navigations", if they wanted that assignment.

He probably confused you by using a word with more than two syllables.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT