ADVERTISEMENT

PAINTER'S GOT TO GO? You've got to be kidding me.New I love Ray, AJ, and Johnny. They really have

Rdlaidig

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 18, 2001
I love Ray, AJ, and Johnny. They really have been integral in helping right the ship at Purdue even more. They will be missed. That said, IMO, as I believe Brian indicated, their personalities weren't such that were able to bring the steadiness in the midst of late game storms. And that's when we really needed upper class leadership on the floor to provide that stabilization. This dynamic is what I believe was the common denominator the past 2 years. I would rather spend this time thanking them for what they did do rather than what they didn't do because what they did do it was significant.

I actually believe that with Haas, Dakota, Vince, and PJ being juniors and the upper class men next year, we just might see significant improvement in the areas that we struggled with at crunch time past two years. It will be their time and I believe they will take that responsibility... Even with the same coach.

It is true that Coach Painter is the leader and ultimately responsible. Those calling for his head might want to consider the true value of the recruiting class listed above that Matt brought in a few years ago as he recognized our team chemistry needed to change. In addition, Basil, from that class, will return that may bring some athleticism that we need.

I might be in the minority but I believe that it would be wise to see the product on the floor next year before saying that Painter will never take us higher. Time will tell, but if I was a betting man, I would lay some decent money on it.

The "FIRE PAINTER" mantra seems to be very short sighted to me. Those saying it should be VERY CAREFUL OF WHAT THEY WISH FOR."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News