ADVERTISEMENT

Our losing streak to Wisconsin is bad.....

I was telling a bunch of people in their 70s at a car mechanic waiting room that id go back right now if I could. They looked at me curiously and when I said “what’s that worst that could happen? If I wasn’t there to answer my house phone no one could get ahold of me???” They all laughed heartily
Exactly. Usually people would let it ring 6 times before hanging up and if you missed it, you would wonder all day about who called, because we didn't have answering machines back then. I didn't worry because I just looked at caller ID.

Exactly. Usually people would let it ring 6 times before hanging up and if you missed it, you would wonder all day about who called, because we didn't have answering machines back then. I didn't worry because I just looked at caller ID.
You had caller ID in 1985?

I was telling a bunch of people in their 70s at a car mechanic waiting room that id go back right now if I could. They looked at me curiously and when I said “what’s that worst that could happen? If I wasn’t there to answer my house phone no one could get ahold of me???” They all laughed heartily
Good point.We actually had some privacy in those days.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
Sorry, I just got back on. This was meant as my dry humor. We had no idea back then who called us. I thought caller ID came well after the answering machines.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT