ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RE - Romeo draft

Don't mess with me. I had a hip replaced three years ago and it appears to be failing suddenly. I am not to be trifled with.
Look into a 3D printed hip SI. My son had his Knee done on one and healing time was half. He's back to doing everything he did before, but he's not allowed to run...but he can ride a dirt bike.

The only thing Romeo didn't do well really is shoot the ball well. That isn't on the coach in my opinion.

We have only lost 1 2020 target at this point which was Morton. Unless you are referring to Quinones and Watford, in which case we started recruiting them very late in the process. Everyone is losing recruiting battles to Memphis right now. Watford said from the beginning he wanted to create his own path.
Actually, Lil' Arch was on Watford from day one. And IU should have had a leg up considering his brother played for IU.

Wow...you must watch the game differently than me...besides his poor shooting.....RL.....
1. Doesn't move without the ball on offense.
2. Predominantly goes one direction with the ball.
3. Doesn't help on D.
4. Plays poor D on his man.
5. Doesn't hustle.
6. Doesn't make teammates better.
7. Shows little will to win.
8. Showed little heart late in the season.
9. Shows little will to use his quickness to set a pick to help the team.
10. Stands around in the corner or out top.
11. Plays a "me" game.

Other than that he is great......lol........and yes a good coach would have helped him with the above......including sitting his but to get the message of team items above across.
And don't forget his "I don't give a chit" attitude.

It will be interesting to watch. I do think the 3pt line will be key in IU's success (or failure) this coming season. We have some solid shooters returning in Green and Durham. Obviously everyone is hoping other players can step up like Hunter, Phinisee, and Franklin but time will tell.

Romeo and Morgan were two of our worst shooters, so losing them in theory should improve the overall efficiency from beyond the arc. With that said, losing those two also hurts in almost every other aspect of the game.
Wasn't the majority of the IU Free Board wanting Green gone after this past season?

You're right, I apologize. I shouldn't have done that, it's unfair of me to force someone into an uncomfortable discussion when they have had the best of intentions to date.

So lose ball on the floor......you have to pick one, who's your $$$ on.....Romeo Langford or the UPS guy? (Keep in mind, the UPS guy is coming off an 8 hour shift, the left side of his body is sun burnt, and he's wearing tight brown shorts)
Depends who is coaching. Is it Mini-Ditka?

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
Just not seeing nor have never seen the unparalleled athleticism referred to in that article in the original post
This. He’s a good athlete, but pretty ordinary by NBA 2 guard standards. Let’s put it this way: starting 2s in the NBA with his level of athleticism are much more skilled than he is. And guys with a similar level of skill are much more athletic than he is. His main skill seems to be finishing around the rim with his right hand. That will be taken away starting in October.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Agree on the whole romeo being a super-athlete comment. His athleticism didn't stand out in college and it most certainly won't in the pros either. Imo he's a late first round pick at best at this point. Probably would have benefited coming back to school.

Langford checks all the buzzworthy boxes: Verticality, wingspan, potential, and upside. But what he lacks is what makes an NBA player an NBA player.

FROM FIVE PLAYERS TO STAY AWAY FROM:
Romeo Langford, Indiana
- 6-6 SG. Freshman.
Langford has an NBA-ready body, but he also has a season's worth of underperformance at the high-major collegiate level. Langford looked lost at times on the court despite his unparalleled athleticism and talent. he also struggled from beyond the arc, making just 27 percent of his 3-point attempts. He's not an incredibly efficient player either, often times careless with the ball or taking ill-advised shots.

Langford checks all the buzzworthy boxes: Verticality, wingspan, potential, and upside. But what he lacks is what makes an NBA player an NBA player.
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/2019-nba-draft-five-prospects-too-much-risk-wizards
I would say the biggest concern about Romeo is his toughness. Not only does he tend to not rise to the challenge when a very good opponent takes it to him, but he also has a history of nagging pains that keep him from playing. These are not injuries that would keep most players off the court. They are the kinds of aches and pains that most players tape up and play through.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
I would say the biggest concern about Romeo is his toughness. Not only does he tend to not rise to the challenge when a very good opponent takes it to him, but he also has a history of nagging pains that keep him from playing. These are not injuries that would keep most players off the court. They are the kinds of aches and pains that most players tape up and play through.
So what you're saying is that he will fit in the NBA rather well.

I recall being assured by IU fans here that he was a Top 5 lottery pick. What happened to that assurance? LOL
I see this as an Archie issue and not a Romeo issue. He was utilized terribly. That offense was abysmal for most of the year. Naturally it dropped his stock but I wouldn't look too far into it. We're grasping at straws comparing pick 5 to pick 10.

I see this as an Archie issue and not a Romeo issue. He was utilized terribly. That offense was abysmal for most of the year. Naturally it dropped his stock but I wouldn't look too far into it. We're grasping at straws comparing pick 5 to pick 10.
So you're saying Archie should have designed a clear out offense that would have allowed Clankford to drive to the rum on the right side every time IU had the ball to highlight his only apparent strength.

But . . . but . . . but . . . 5 to 19 ....

Doubt he'll be drafted as high as 10 either

Let me put on my gold chain and meanest scowl and say "I pity the poor fool that drafts him" but as Forrest's Mama said "Stupid is as stupid does."

Reactions: BoilerAndy
So you're saying Archie should have designed a clear out offense that would have allowed Clankford to drive to the rum on the right side every time IU had the ball to highlight his only apparent strength.
I'm saying Romeo would have performed better in other systems that didn't run pointless offense for 25 seconds to only force him to throw up a contested shot. He's got such skill getting to the rim and he was left standing on an island half the time while other guys passed back and forth.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I'm saying Romeo would have performed better in other systems that didn't run pointless offense for 25 seconds to only force him to throw up a contested shot. He's got such skill getting to the rim and he was left standing on an island half the time while other guys passed back and forth.
Good point. It also hurt that he didn't have pieces around him to take the pressure off.

Romeo would have benefited from plays allowing him to use his mid-range. He wasn't a 3pt shooter but he was skilled at getting to the rim and a better coach would have found opportunities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT