ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RE - Romeo draft

Do Dah Day

All-American
Nov 8, 2015
Langford checks all the buzzworthy boxes: Verticality, wingspan, potential, and upside. But what he lacks is what makes an NBA player an NBA player.

FROM FIVE PLAYERS TO STAY AWAY FROM:
Romeo Langford, Indiana
- 6-6 SG. Freshman.
Langford has an NBA-ready body, but he also has a season's worth of underperformance at the high-major collegiate level. Langford looked lost at times on the court despite his unparalleled athleticism and talent. he also struggled from beyond the arc, making just 27 percent of his 3-point attempts. He's not an incredibly efficient player either, often times careless with the ball or taking ill-advised shots.

Langford checks all the buzzworthy boxes: Verticality, wingspan, potential, and upside. But what he lacks is what makes an NBA player an NBA player.
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/2019-nba-draft-five-prospects-too-much-risk-wizards

Ha, good catch ... Yes, it is a boring time and I am in a "it's rained for six-weeks" mood (ie. POTFH) ... But, be honest, I did WARN you.
Don't mess with me. I had a hip replaced three years ago and it appears to be failing suddenly. I am not to be trifled with.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
The millions he lost by playing for iu from a once projected preseason top 5....to a postseason...mid first round somewhere.....will be fun to watch, and likely will be used in recruiting by coaches recruiting against iu.
I think it's more the millions he lost by playing in college not necessarily at IU. His 3pt shooting likely wouldn't have been better no matter what school he would have chosen. The ligament issue would have prevented that.

I wouldn't expect his performance to impact IU's recruiting going forward, but only time will tell.

I think it's more the millions he lost by playing in college not necessarily at IU. His 3pt shooting likely wouldn't have been better no matter what school he would have chosen. The ligament issue would have prevented that.

I wouldn't expect his performance to impact IU's recruiting going forward, but only time will tell.
Speaking of IU and 3 pt shooting. How's the gang that couldn't shoot straight going to handle shooting 3 pointers from farther away this year?

Speaking of IU and 3 pt shooting. How's the gang that couldn't shoot straight going to handle shooting 3 pointers from farther away this year?
It will be interesting to watch. I do think the 3pt line will be key in IU's success (or failure) this coming season. We have some solid shooters returning in Green and Durham. Obviously everyone is hoping other players can step up like Hunter, Phinisee, and Franklin but time will tell.

Romeo and Morgan were two of our worst shooters, so losing them in theory should improve the overall efficiency from beyond the arc. With that said, losing those two also hurts in almost every other aspect of the game.

Reactions: LLaswell
Don't mess with me. I had a hip replaced three years ago and it appears to be failing suddenly. I am not to be trifled with.
Us Dinos need to stick together bro .... Hips are never to be messed with . . . but damn, only 3 years? I see an attorney in your future.

I didn't realize the 3 point line was likely going to move to the international distance. Man, I don't like it either. Just leave college basketball alone and leave it the way it is - it isn't broken! So more missed three point shots - yeah that is going to make college basketball funner to watch! smh! The dimwits propsing these changes need to get a clue. There is already a limited space for a corner three as it is. Just going to further deteriorate the game. Just going to be more reviews now too as those shooting the 3's will likely be as close to the line as ever to shorten the shot. Refs need to go to the monitor to check the feet of the shooter. I am sure the 30 second clock is probably next. The more they try to make college basketball like the NBA, the more I hate it. I can't stand watching the NBA. College basketball is so much funner to watch. Besides how excited can you get watching the Warrtiors go to the finals every year with their superteam while the lower market teams finish in the cellar every year. It is getting old.

A better coach could have increased his performance.

As fas as not effecting recruiting....you better recheck that......hasn't iu lost all its a1 targets since the season ended?
The only thing Romeo didn't do well really is shoot the ball well. That isn't on the coach in my opinion.

We have only lost 1 2020 target at this point which was Morton. Unless you are referring to Quinones and Watford, in which case we started recruiting them very late in the process. Everyone is losing recruiting battles to Memphis right now. Watford said from the beginning he wanted to create his own path.

iu lost brooks too. He was guaranteed to go to iu.
That is true, but the post I responded to specifically said "since the season ended". Brooks committed to UK during the season.

Either way, I'm not sure losing recruits to UK and Memphis suggest Archie is losing his recruiting momentum. Flopping in the 2020 class would certainly suggest that.

The only thing Romeo didn't do well really is shoot the ball well. That isn't on the coach in my opinion.

We have only lost 1 2020 target at this point which was Morton. Unless you are referring to Quinones and Watford, in which case we started recruiting them very late in the process. Everyone is losing recruiting battles to Memphis right now. Watford said from the beginning he wanted to create his own path.

Wow...you must watch the game differently than me...besides his poor shooting.....RL.....
1. Doesn't move without the ball on offense.
2. Predominantly goes one direction with the ball.
3. Doesn't help on D.
4. Plays poor D on his man.
5. Doesn't hustle.
6. Doesn't make teammates better.
7. Shows little will to win.
8. Showed little heart late in the season.
9. Shows little will to use his quickness to set a pick to help the team.
10. Stands around in the corner or out top.
11. Plays a "me" game.

Other than that he is great......lol........and yes a good coach would have helped him with the above......including sitting his but to get the message of team items above across.

I would argue that he didn't "try".....call it what you want, but effort is effort. Don't know who's fault that is.....his, Archie's, his teammates, his handlers, the fans.....all of them?

Enlighten me.....

Wow...you must watch the game differently than me...besides his poor shooting.....RL.....
3. Doesn't help on D.
5. Doesn't hustle.
11. Plays a "me" game.

Other than that he is great......lol........and yes a good coach would have helped him with the above......including sitting his but to get the message of team items above across.

Great minds think alike.....

3. Doesn't help on D.
5. Doesn't hustle.
11. Plays a "me" game.

We will have to agree to disagree on most of what you have included above. I will agree he did drive right most of the time, however.

I would argue that he didn't "try".....call it what you want, but effort is effort. Don't know who's fault that is.....his, Archie's, his teammates, his handlers, the fans.....all of them?

Enlighten me.....
Just because he doesn't show a lot of emotion doesn't mean he doesn't try. As with the other poster, we will have to agree to disagree as there really is little point in getting into all of this.

Lose ball on the floor, have to pick one.....would you put your $$$ on Eifert or Langford to come up with it????
So anyone who Eifert would beat for a "lose" ball doesn't try hard? That pretty much includes every player in college basketball.

My goodness guys, the guy is clearly trying not to make this into an IU/Purdue argument, yet some of you are trying your damnedest to bait him into it. Let it go. I'm not even sure why this post is on this forum. Move it to the Off Topic forum.

So anyone who Eifert would beat for a "lose" ball doesn't try hard? That pretty much includes every player in college basketball.

My goodness guys, the guy is clearly trying not to make this into an IU/Purdue argument, yet some of you are trying your damnedest to bait him into it. Let it go. I'm not even sure why this post is on this forum. Move it to the Off Topic forum.

Hope you don't mean me......as I have yet to mention Purdue in any of my posts.

And yes the op clearly marked the post "OT"

Hope you don't mean me......as I have yet to mention Purdue in any of my posts.

And yes the op clearly marked the post "OT"
I mean you and @cjf04 . The poster hasn't said anything worth getting into an argument over, yet both of you are trying your hardest to get into one.

Simply putting OT in the title doesn't mean it should belong on this board. I can create a political thread with OT in the title and it would get taken down/moved quickly.

Beg my pardon, but "the guy" made it an IU/Purdue argument when he came to a Purdue message board with the handle "IUFuctChecker", I just asked a question, "the guy" is under no obligation to respond.

Huh who woulda thunk it, an iu fan pretending to be a Boiler coming to the aid of a iu fan.

Wow......your argument applies to you. You claim we are trying to bait the poster in an iu/Purdue argument.....and Purdue is not mentioned in the thread by either of us.
Comparing Grady to Romeo is not pitting Purdue against IU? Yes I realize it was @cjf04 not you who made that comparison.

Regardless, the poster has been very civil in his responses to this point. Why are you trying to bait him into an argument? Before you say anything, going out one of their players and pointing out every perceived flaw is trying to bait someone into an argument.

Regardless, I'm out of this.

Comparing Grady to Romeo is not pitting Purdue against IU? Yes I realize it was @cjf04 not you who made that comparison.

Regardless, the poster has been very civil in his responses to this point. Why are you trying to bait him into an argument? Before you say anything, going out one of their players and pointing out every perceived flaw is trying to bait someone into an argument.

You're right, I apologize. I shouldn't have done that, it's unfair of me to force someone into an uncomfortable discussion when they have had the best of intentions to date.

So lose ball on the floor......you have to pick one, who's your $$$ on.....Romeo Langford or the UPS guy? (Keep in mind, the UPS guy is coming off an 8 hour shift, the left side of his body is sun burnt, and he's wearing tight brown shorts)

Give Grady Romeos athleticism and you have Michael Jordan 2.0.

Reactions: BoilerIron
So lose ball on the floor......you have to pick one, who's your $$$ on.....Romeo Langford or the UPS guy? (Keep in mind, the UPS guy is coming off an 8 hour shift, the left side of his body is sun burnt, and he's wearing tight brown shorts)
The sun burn would suggest he didn't move much so I'm not sure the 8 hour shift really took much out of him. Maybe the sunburn has him in a state of mind where he doesn't give a shit about adding a floor burn to his body as well. The tight pants is what does it for me though. They could restrict his movement enough that he would be even slower than normal to the ball. I'll put my money on Romeo.

You're right, I apologize. I shouldn't have done that, it's unfair of me to force someone into an uncomfortable discussion when they have had the best of intentions to date.

Hands down - UPS guy. :)

Maybe it’s not a fair evaluation, but I watched IU in about 6 games last year. I did not observe any great athleticism beyond your average BIG player. I also did not see him engage other team members in plays very often. Most of all I did not see much hustle and urgency to his play. With the hype around him, I expected more. He was an average guard on an average team. Nothing bad. Just average. Just about every BIG team had someone who scored about as well, assisted as well, etc.

I am not trying to troll the IU folks here. It is just my observation. I hope the kid does well at the next level.

:cool:

I don’t really care about the discussion being batted about but damn CJ, that’s funny! “...sunburnt, and wearing tight brown shorts.”

Reactions: cjf04
Just not seeing nor have never seen the unparalleled athleticism referred to in that article in the original post

YES! I'm no psychologist, all the other BS up there is not my cup of tea.

But, he's not NBA lottery athletic to me. He's big and has decent skill, but I Don't see an elite athlete at all

Reactions: Purdue85

FROM FIVE PLAYERS TO STAY AWAY FROM:
Romeo Langford, Indiana
- 6-6 SG. Freshman.
Langford has an NBA-ready body, but he also has a season's worth of underperformance at the high-major collegiate level. Langford looked lost at times on the court despite his unparalleled athleticism and talent. he also struggled from beyond the arc, making just 27 percent of his 3-point attempts. He's not an incredibly efficient player either, often times careless with the ball or taking ill-advised shots.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/2019-nba-draft-five-prospects-too-much-risk-wizards
DDD....I like it. I've thought all along he wasn't worth wasting a scholarship on. Especially now that Vijay is coming back better than ever and could have been all that last year.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT