ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Burns drops 45

Tractor Traylor did the exact same thing and was able to wow the nba scouts at his pro days and interviews. He was able to get drafted in the first round because of his new fitness where Brad Miller went undrafted. Soon after Traylor was drafted, he basically gained all the weight back and was basically a total bust in the NBA.

The Bucks were stupid to trade with the Mavs to draft him. They thought they could transform him into a PF. But he was basically a 6’8 out of shape center. I know the Mavs drafted Dirk with the pick the Bucks gave them. Dirk had said prior to the draft he would only play for one team. Dirk pulled a Kobe Bryant. I’m saddened because the Bucks didn’t have to make the trade with the Mavs and could have drafted a sg/sf who was just switching positions and looked bad in pre draft camps as he was trying out playing the new position. That guy the Bucks could have drafted was Paul Pierce! At the time, the Bucks felt they were good at the sg and sf positions.

So will Burns be able to keep the weight off? I doubt it. It begs the question if he was able to lose the weight and be a better player after the season, why didn’t he have the motivation to lose the weight and be a better player during his college season.

It’s all about the money and using 3 months to impress the nba scouts. Hopefully they remember tractor Traylor did the exact same thing.

Caleb Swanigan comes to mind.
I hope I'm wrong but it takes SOOOOOOOOOO much work to exercise weight away. SOOOOO hard to sustain THAT amount of effort once you reach that super motivating goal. Whatever that is for you personally.
Ask me how I know. ;)

Reactions: Wolegib
this is why i ask. what is the motivation to get in shape. and where was that motivation the last 4 years ? Obviously the motivation is an NBA contract. But once he gets that contract, how motivated will he be to stay in shape ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT