ADVERTISEMENT

Opponents cry foul as Loosiers gain major home field advantage

Riveting

Senior
Aug 24, 2020
While the Cornpoppers have been terribly mistreated in the new schedule, Clownpantsnation has quietly gained a major homefield advantage over all opponents – even for road games.

For games in Bloomingtuck, since the visiting team always has much greater fan turnout, the loosiers will now gain a relative advantage and, at the same time, be able to more effectively deploy their loyal Goose squadron to do its feculent work to the annoyance and disgust of visiting teams.

For road games, the loosiers can train the foul creatures to swoop into the empty stadiums, again distracting and disgusting opponents.

Might this advantage be the key for Clownpantsnation to beat a team with a winning record this year??

Anxious to see how the games unfold. The easy SOS argument frequently made here due to non-con games for IU will be a non-factor. No excuses.

Purdue has such an easy B10 schedule compared to IU. Yet I see a 3-5 record or at best a 4-4 record for the Boilers and at least a 4-4 if not 5-3 record for IU (whether there are fans in the stands or pigeons or geese or not).

What do you think Boilers? Want to play IU's schedule this year?

P.S. - any chance Rondale is coming back?

No one knows now which teams will be good and which will suck. Win/loss records are based on last year's teams.

Anxious to see how the games unfold. The easy SOS argument frequently made here due to non-con games for IU will be a non-factor. No excuses.

Purdue has such an easy B10 schedule compared to IU. Yet I see a 3-5 record or at best a 4-4 record for the Boilers and at least a 4-4 if not 5-3 record for IU (whether there are fans in the stands or pigeons or geese or not).

I see you winning two games in your schedule, and two games if you played our schedule.

What do you think? Can IU beat a team with a winning schedule this year?

No one knows now which teams will be good and which will suck. Win/loss records are based on last year's teams.
No one "knows", but we can make pretty good predictions for most of the teams.

I can confidently predict, for example, the osu will be good, clownpantsnation will be mediocre at best, and rutgers will be bad. Injuries can impact it, of course.

Holy cow!

IU's schedule is what it is. Too many annual excuses for IU's conference schedules. Just play the games.

With that said, yes, IU has a challenging schedule, primarily due to the absence of the annual cupcakes. But, your downside is unbelievably optimistic. IU could win as few as 1-2 games with that schedule. Not likely, but possible.

Yes, Purdue got something of a break, but if you think the ceiling for the Boilers is 4-4, you haven't been paying attention. Too many ill-informed IU fans appear to be completely ignorant as to the devastation that occurred to the Purdue roster last year. I expect the talent on this Purdue team will be substantially better.

As to Rondale, I don't have a clue. I think there's a valid argument for him to return, to improve his draft position. I also can see the argument for him to bypass, take his chances (but it would be based on 1 FR season and 3 So. games, along with the combine).

I see you winning two games in your schedule, and two games if you played our schedule.

What do you think? Can IU beat a team with a winning schedule this year?

I think IU will beat Maryland, Rutgers, Michigan State, Purdue, and either Penn State or Michigan.

With Purdue's schedule - wins against Illinois, Rutgers, Northwestern, Nebraska, and one from Minnesota or Iowa. Obviously I can't beat IU although some would argue t

It won't matter. You don't develop and grow as a team playing sub-par talent year after year. It has been said, they didnt beat a .500+ team last year and it showed in their post play performance. This will be Indiana's fate.

Suck until others have down year and get to be bowl eligible, then get your hat handed to you.

Repeat.

Holy cow!

IU's schedule is what it is. Too many annual excuses for IU's conference schedules. Just play the games.

With that said, yes, IU has a challenging schedule, primarily due to the absence of the annual cupcakes. But, your downside is unbelievably optimistic. IU could win as few as 1-2 games with that schedule. Not likely, but possible.

Yes, Purdue got something of a break, but if you think the ceiling for the Boilers is 4-4, you haven't been paying attention. Too many ill-informed IU fans appear to be completely ignorant as to the devastation that occurred to the Purdue roster last year. I expect the talent on this Purdue team will be substantially better.

As to Rondale, I don't have a clue. I think there's a valid argument for him to return, to improve his draft position. I also can see the argument for him to bypass, take his chances (but it would be based on 1 FR season and 3 So. games, along with the combine).
Purdue was devastated by injuries last year. Anyone who says differently is not being very objective.

Reactions: goboilers2
Purdue was devastated by injuries last year. Anyone who says differently is not being very objective.
...and Purdue still went 3-6 in the B1G, losing in double OT to IU, barely losing to Iowa and #10 Minnesota, and you think there will be little/no improvement for Purdue, but IU could go 5-3 against a schedule you're positioning as a difficult schedule.

Yeah... that doesn't make sense to me, either.

I think IU will beat Maryland, Rutgers, Michigan State, Purdue, and either Penn State or Michigan.
There is no way this part of your post was serious. It's either a sarcastic post or you really are just solidifying the notion that IU fans are delusional.

In one of the best years in recent times you barely beat a very lackluster under powered Purdue squad that will not even be remotely the same, with or without Moore, compared to last year. You aren't going to beat, UM or PSU and not likely to beat MSU. So you at most are going to have 2 wins out of that list of yours.

There is no way this part of your post was serious. It's either a sarcastic post or you really are just solidifying the notion that IU fans are delusional.

In one of the best years in recent times you barely beat a very lackluster under powered Purdue squad that will not even be remotely the same, with or without Moore, compared to last year. You aren't going to beat, UM or PSU and not likely to beat MSU. So you at most are going to have 2 wins out of that list of yours.

The fact you include MSU as a loss for IU shows a basic lack of knowledge about B10 football. MSU is going to be absolutely awful this year and many objective Purdue fans know it.

Reactions: timster
The fact you include MSU as a loss for IU shows a basic lack of knowledge about B10 football. MSU is going to be absolutely awful this year and many objective Purdue fans know it.
I expect IU to be awful this year, especially without Hendershot -- who, despite what others are saying, will never play for clownpantsnation again. Coach Allen would never permit it.

Reactions: Boilerscuz
I didn't say MSU wasn't going to be bad this year, I just said they would beat IU. As typical you IU fans come over here and over inflate your team and then we are stuck bringing you back to reality.

I didn't say MSU wasn't going to be bad this year, I just said they would beat IU. As typical you IU fans come over here and over inflate your team and then we are stuck bringing you back to reality.

Gotcha.

It won't matter. You don't develop and grow as a team playing sub-par talent year after year. It has been said, they didnt beat a .500+ team last year and it showed in their post play performance. This will be Indiana's fate.

Suck until others have down year and get to be bowl eligible, then get your hat handed to you.

Repeat.
Yes! we didn't beat a team with a winning record. Can IU help it, teams that were suppose to be good in 2019 turned out to be ROTTEN EGGS. Namely Purdue and Neb. Let not go there about past post game performances, Should I bring up Auburn?

Yes! we didn't beat a team with a winning record. Can IU help it, teams that were suppose to be good in 2019 turned out to be ROTTEN EGGS. Namely Purdue and Neb. Let not go there about past post game performances, Should I bring up Auburn?

Sure Auburn game sucked but Brohm did something in his first year that IU hasn’t done in 30 years: win a bowl game.

Purdue wouldn't have been a rotten egg with Sindelar and Rondale, but then IU wouldn't have come within 3 touchdowns of us either.

As for the Cornpoppers, they are always absurdly overrated -so there is no real basis for saying they were supposed to be good. Some people just have this lingering image of the long-gone days when the poppers were big - sort of like 'the U".

...AND his team beat Ohio State.

Er... excuse me... absolutely DESTROYED Ohio State.

...since we're documenting things IU hasn't done in 30 years... ;)
We will see where our old High School Coach and your 6 million dollar coach will be in three years. Betting we beat Purdue the next three years.

Last edited:
Purdue wouldn't have been a rotten egg with Sindelar and Rondale, but then IU wouldn't have come within 3 touchdowns of us either.

As for the Cornpoppers, they are always absurdly overrated -so there is no real basis for saying they were supposed to be good. Some people just have this lingering image of the long-gone days when the poppers were big - sort of like 'the U".
You had Rondale and Sindelar in 2018 and beat us by 7, no three touchdowns

We will see where our old High School Coach and your 6 million dollar coach will be in three years. Betting we beat Purdue the next three years.

You think IU will win 4 in a row against Purdue?! It took the worst coach in our history(and one of your best) for that to happen last time lol.

You had Rondale and Sindelar in 2018 and beat us by 7, no three touchdowns

Let’s be honest, that game wasn’t really close. Purdue was in control the whole way. A late IU touchdown made it closer than it actually was. Markell Jones embarrassed Tegray Scales all game and dragged Ball from the 10 yard line into the endzone haha.

HEY! I looked at their site the other day and they were all excited about being ranked top 25 in a “poll”. Turns out it’s the ridiculous ESPN FPI index which isn’t a poll at all. They even had some guy in the thread lamenting they didn’t get a single vote in the coaches poll. Do they not understand how this works?

Also, for the betting types around here, looks like IU is going to punk PSU because they’re looking ahead to OSU. Huge fan confidence for a team that never beats anyone ranked in the Big Ten.

It’s really funny talking IU football dominance. I might be the first person ever to put those words together.
No What's funny is you guys thinking the 6 million dollar coach going to lead you guys to the top of the West. Never going to happen. He makes more than Kirby Smart of Georgia and Lincoln Riley. Look at his recruiting this year, The old coach has out recruited him in the State.

No What's funny is you guys thinking the 6 million dollar coach going to lead you guys to the top of the West. Never going to happen.
Non sequitor? We had no choice and the really cool thing is is didn’t cost me a nickel. What kind of reply was that? You guys haven’t beaten a real football team in 30 years.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Non sequitor? We had no choice and the really cool thing is is didn’t cost me a nickel. What kind of reply was that? You guys haven’t beaten a real football team in 30 years.
That (real football team ) includes Purdue. I really enjoy talking football over here, because for the first time IU has the better program going forward.

• Haha
Reactions: IndyGlen
No What's funny is you guys thinking the 6 million dollar coach going to lead you guys to the top of the West. Never going to happen. He makes more than Kirby Smart of Georgia and Lincoln Riley. Look at his recruiting this year, The old coach has out recruited him in the State.

I always laugh when IU fans give Purdue fans crap for how much Brohm gets paid. That’s what happens when other teams want your coach but you guys don’t know what that’s like because there wasn’t serious interest from other programs to try to lure Allen away. FYI, starting next year his salary is less than $5 million. It was skewed the first 2 years (2019 and 2020) because of a bonus spread out over 2 years.

Reactions: boilerbeezy
That (real football team ) includes Purdue. I really enjoy talking football over here, because for the first time IU has the better program going forward.

Has the better program based on what? This year would be the first time Allen has a better recruiting class than Brohm. Brohm already has a guy right outside the top 100 committed for 2022 so that class is off to a great start. Should have a great shot at Joe Strickland and Omar Cooper too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT