ADVERTISEMENT

Opening Week is a few days away

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
Who is going to Purdue's opening game?

Favorite tailgating dish for a noon game?

Who is going to Purdue's opening game?

Favorite tailgating dish for a noon game?
Considering it's an 11am game for me and I just moved to make it a 20 minute longer drive, our tailgate will be McDonald's drive-thru breakfast and a few beers for the walk to the stadium from a dude's house on Northwestern Ave.

Considering it's an 11am game for me and I just moved to make it a 20 minute longer drive, our tailgate will be McDonald's drive-thru breakfast and a few beers for the walk to the stadium from a dude's house on Northwestern Ave.
A caveat on the deviled eggs.....if it's going to be hot and sunny, either eat 'em early or wait until the weather cools to bring them. I will always have room in the belly for "Sally's roll-ups", chips, cheese etc. But about the only time I'll eat fried chicken is tailgate season! KFC on Sagamore Pkwy started getting uncooperative by not opening early so I've had success with the grocery across the street. Pay Less.

If you want some outrageous ideas for food, watch Steven Raichlen on PBS or get his books. How about a taco shell made from woven bacon filled with lobster, or since it's morning, cinnamon rolls with bacon in them? All his food looks great.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT