ADVERTISEMENT

Oh what could of been with Rondale (Maybe)

BBG

All-American
Jun 18, 2001
Global
www.beeradvocate.com
I don't know what is going on but everything I heard during the game about Rondale not playing makes it sound like is NOT a injury. This team would be completely different with both Rondale and Bell on the field at the same time and he was needed badly today.

I will give credit to the defense. While not perfect, it is most certainly improved and has some giant stops and did everything they could to set us up to win/tie.

O'connell while no where close to perfect can throw a very precise ball as we have seen time and time again. The coaches need to call the plays for him and not let him "think"

Horvath. What can I say he is just a beast and has earned his time on the field.

Things happen and I fully expect us to improve as the season goes on, but dammit Rondale suit up and help the team already before it is too late.

Reactions: TX4GB and Tommaker
I don't know what is going on but everything I heard during the game about Rondale not playing makes it sound like is NOT a injury. This team would be completely different with both Rondale and Bell on the field at the same time and he was needed badly today.

I will give credit to the defense. While not perfect, it is most certainly improved and has some giant stops and did everything they could to set us up to win/tie.

O'connell while no where close to perfect can throw a very precise ball as we have seen time and time again. The coaches need to call the plays for him and not let him "think"

Horvath. What can I say he is just a beast and has earned his time on the field.

Things happen and I fully expect us to improve as the season goes on, but dammit Rondale suit up and help the team already before it is too late.
For some of we more "mature" fans a loss to NW is harder to take, because we grew up in an era of even when we stunk, they were a guaranteed win. As they say, "this ain't your daddy's Wildcats". Props to Fitz & staff in their recruiting, developing and directing his teams. He's built something pretty good up there in evanston.

Reactions: EvanstonCat and BBG
For some of we more "mature" fans a loss to NW is harder to take, because we grew up in an era of even when we stunk, they were a guaranteed win. As they say, "this ain't your daddy's Wildcats". Props to Fitz & staff in their recruiting, developing and directing his teams. He's built something pretty good up there in evanston.
Granted yes but...NW was under 300 yds total offense and 40% 3rd efficiency. They were pretty vanilla - solid but very vanilla.
Our inept offense pretty much handed it to them.
Still waiting for the offensive genius of Brohm to appear...

Ramsey was a gift for them. Their QBs were a dumpster fire last year. He is the main difference why they are winning this year and not losing 20-12 every game. Defense is always very tough though.

This loss wasn't on Rondale. Would he have helped, yes. However, there plays to be made that didn't happen.

As for Rondale, I think we all need to reserve judgement. We don't know what is going on, which is very frustrating, and I think hurting Rondale more than helping him. However, without knowing, it's not fair to criticize him. Seeing him on the sideline, it looks like he wants to be out there. Let's just hope for his sake that he is healthy and still has a bright future.

So let me get this straight:
1) Youre going to blame a guy that didn't play for this loss?
2) You try to "school" me for not handling adversity well, but then you post this?
3) O'Connell essentially loses the game with a horrible first half and a fumble that lead to a score, but he throws a "precise" ball?
Wow. Not sure what you're smoking tonight...

Reactions: JRowdy20
So let me get this straight:
1) Youre going to blame a guy that didn't play for this loss?
2) You try to "school" me for not handling adversity well, but then you post this?
3) O'Connell essentially loses the game with a horrible first half and a fumble that lead to a score, but he throws a "precise" ball?
Wow. Not sure what you're smoking tonight...
1) I put some ownus on him because he would of helped tremendously and apparently there is no reason he can't be playing right now. Nothing in what I said in this point is untrue.

2) My point about you still stands because this is a single post to your constant posting and while my title is off, again when taken in context of the post my points are accurate. Edit: There I changed the title to help with context.

3) Maybe watch his throws once? Like the one on our last touchdown that was right over the shoulder and on target? I get it, your first reaction is everything he does is negative but try watching.

Not smoking anything. Maybe you should go look up what the term "context" means. But I am done going around and around on this with you. It's just a waste of time.

Last edited:
1) I put some ownus on him because he would of helped tremendously and apparently there is no reason he can't be playing right now. Nothing in what I said in this point is untrue.

2) My point about you still stands because this is a single post to your constant posting and while my title is off, again when taken in context of the post my points are accurate.

3) Maybe watch his throws once? Like the one on our last touchdown that was right over the shoulder and on target? I get it, your first reaction is everything he does is negative but try watching.

Not smoking anything. Maybe you should go look up what the term "context" means. But I am done going around and around on this with you. It's just a waste of time.
Rondale doesn't have to play. There is no "ownus" on him. Brohm has plenty of talent to beat a Northwestern team that frankly isn't as good as they're being portrayed. O'Connell makes some great throws. But he also can't move and zones in on one player too often. This is a classic loss to a more physical defense that Brohm can't seem to shake (aka TCU last year).

Reactions: rjmpu82
Rondale doesn't have to play. There is no "ownus" on him. Brohm has plenty of talent to beat a Northwestern team that frankly isn't as good as they're being portrayed. O'Connell makes some great throws. But he also can't move and zones in on one player too often. This is a classic loss to a more physical defense that Brohm can't seem to shake (aka TCU last year).
k

Look, Moore or no Moore, Purdue isn't going to compete with the big boys with a former WO at QB. NW deserved to win this game, this wasn't a 7 point game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT