ADVERTISEMENT

You just beat Alabama. Give me a break.

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
Tennessee had one of its biggest wins in years by beating Alabama yesterday. Should fans (probably mostly students) have destroyed the goal posts? Of course not. However, how unexpected is that really. The fans rushed the field. Again, how unexpected is that when you beat Alabama.

Your athletic department is asking for donations to replace the damaged goal posts and to cover the SEC fine. Not aware of the fans rushing the court or field in the BT being a fine, like the SEC, but still not a huge fine.

Your department is running a surplus. You just won your biggest game on national TV in front of over 100,000 fans. Does that seem a little petty to anyone else? I couldn't imagine Purdue asking for donations after we beat OSU during Rondale's freshman year. Also, they paid over $5.4 million dollars in severance, which is their fault obviously with hirings that did not turn out well.

Am I wrong in this thinking of this being petty and wrong by the TN AD Administration?

My sources say Tenn has a lot of money in its athletic department!!!!!!!! You should see their track budget!

then again Tennessee has a lot of stupid and crazy fans. You can just ask for money for any stupid idea like NIL, and they are stupid enough to donate millions!

so if you are the Tennessee athletic department, just send a flyer out and say we just beat Alabama, please donate for our future success and legal fees and create a PAC, tell their alumni they need to make tenn great again and people will donate!

• Haha
Reactions: indyogb and drewjin
Tennessee had one of its biggest wins in years by beating Alabama yesterday. Should fans (probably mostly students) have destroyed the goal posts? Of course not. However, how unexpected is that really. The fans rushed the field. Again, how unexpected is that when you beat Alabama.

Your athletic department is asking for donations to replace the damaged goal posts and to cover the SEC fine. Not aware of the fans rushing the court or field in the BT being a fine, like the SEC, but still not a huge fine.

Your department is running a surplus. You just won your biggest game on national TV in front of over 100,000 fans. Does that seem a little petty to anyone else? I couldn't imagine Purdue asking for donations after we beat OSU during Rondale's freshman year. Also, they paid over $5.4 million dollars in severance, which is their fault obviously with hirings that did not turn out well.

Am I wrong in this thinking of this being petty and wrong by the TN AD Administration?

Strike while the irons hot. Those TN goobers would gladly give up a couple bucks after a win over Bama than spend it on another tin of chew or at the all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet.

Eventually, they are going to want to get rid of all their demons and face their biggest fear....Purdue. who can forget carsen edwards torching them or the beat down they took at the hands of our boilers in what was essentially a home bowl game. In the mean time enjoy beating the lower level programs like alabama tennesse fans.

their team has had like 3 players arrested and kicked off the team this year, why should the fans be different.

Reactions: drewjin
It was leaked that they bought replacement goal posts at the. Same time they bought these over 2 decades ago. So they don’t really need any money to buy any goal posts!

however this is a most excellent opportunity to lie to their fans and initiate a new money raising drive! We just beat Alabama! Donate money!

I just lost an election. Donate money to me so I can use it for other personal expenses! It works every time!

I’d love to see how much money Tennessee has collected for goal posts they already have. This could be an awesome new idea for fundraising. We could take our goal posts down and then start a fundraiser and then put them back up.

I’d love to see how much money Tennessee has collected for goal posts they already have. This could be an awesome new idea for fundraising. We could take our goal posts down and then start a fundraiser and then put them back up.
their fans are prolly going to use them for a swing set.

Funny my buddy was in the locker room afterwards.

1. Lots of weed
2. Lots of women/girls

He also was recruiting Tayven stating AOC would be gone and he would fit right in. I guess I didn't realize that Nicholaus Iamaleava got an $8 million NIL deal. He thought Tayven may transfer to IU though.

He said CMP flew down to see Sisley yesterday, but feels him and Haralson love IU.

ADVERTISEMENT