ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern - Purdue Game Thread

Again the holding and illegal contact on TD rovers after 5 yards has been the most ridiculous I’ve seen in a long time

Reactions: phila
I think O Connel looked lost tonight, especially the last series. Maybe it wasn't all him but he made some poor decisions

Why can't we feel confident against any team. We aren't getting a very good return for our money.

Some of you think finding and getting a mobile QB that can throw is easy....Those guys are taken by the top programs

Tonight, vs Illinois, or vs Iowa? because yes to all three
Is it just me, or did Brohm really not do a very good job coaching? I think he made a lot of blunders tonight. Ultimately, that's why Purdue lost. I legitimately thought we had a shot, and I'm thoroughly disappointed. But when has Purdue ever failed to disappoint, at least in the last 20 seasons?

Hard to win when your best players on both O and D aren’t playing
stop with the damn excuses. Moore wasn't coming back and we have all kinds of recievers. Secondary isn't any good and that is not changing. Scholarship QBs on the bench and we play a walk on that can't move. We could keep blaming Hazell.

Reactions: purduepat1969
My favorite play was a 4 yard completion to Amad Anderson on 2nd and 10 in the 4th quarter. Easy pitch and catch play that got us to a bowl game 2 years ago

Reactions: purduepat1969
They couldn’t have mugged both of them all night.
We have always sucked against physical defensive teams because we have no running game. Horvath tries extremely hard. But he's just in no way, shape, or form the answer.

Sack was killer. AOC is not the answer. Can't extend plays with his feet. Brohm doesn't help with the stupid ass play calling. Constantly chucking it long.
kind of agree here, long low percentage passes, but it worked vs Ill. w/ Bell's miracle one hander.

They couldn’t have mugged both of them all night.

Yea i felt like they got away with a ton of holding as well. We fought hard. Disappointed in a loss obviously but lost by 7 to an undefeated team. And we had chances to win. Regroup and win next week. Boiler Up!

How many more games does Brohm get out coached before the natives get really restless. This is year 4 for heavens sake...

Reactions: Poprudy
This one is strictly on the guy coaching. He decided our qb, passing plays and clock management. We just don't seem confident and it's been this way during his tenure.

Purdue was fortunate to be in this game, at no time did I think the Boilers were going to win. Look, O'Connell is a nice story, probably a decent back up QB, however, Purdue isn't going to beat many good teams with him under center every Saturday. Time to start the UCLA transfer and see what he can do, O'Connell and Plumber aren't leading Purdue anywhere. Also, next off season Purdue needs to go the NW route and try to bring in a solid QB from another program.

This. Many times over. And if I am agreeing with lenny, that is saying something.
I'll call bullshit. Defense wasn't the problem. Offense was completely incompetent and it's not a "Rondale" thing. It's a coaching and QB thing. Brohm makes peculiar and erratic decisions with choosing a QB. It's going to end up costing him his job.

Reactions: Boiler8285
Why can't we feel confident against any team. We aren't getting a very good return for our money.
all of these teams recruit from the same talent pool, land alot of 3 stars and have some 4 stars, so you get alot of close games where 3 to 5 plays are the difference.

Purdue was fortunate to be in this game, at no time did I think the Boilers were going to win. Look, O'Connell is a nice story, probably a decent back up QB, however, Purdue isn't going to beat many good teams with him under center every Saturday. Time to start the UCLA transfer and see what he can do, O'Connell and Plumber aren't leading Purdue anywhere. Also, next off season Purdue needs to go the NW route and try to bring in a solid QB from another program.
You can keep bringing in transfers. But they're not getting developed. Plain and simple.

Interestingly, the announcers I listened to mentioned the Purdue offense and defense slipping frequently while theirs didn't. Better footwear???

This one is strictly on the guy coaching. He decided our qb, passing plays and clock management. We just don't seem confident and it's been this way during his tenure.
I don't understand Jeff's fascination with AOC and going down with the Titanic. He had Sindelar and Blough, who were head and shoulders better, and he would yank them out after an INT or fumble, but AOC could throw multiple INTs and/or fumbles and he will stick with him no matter what.

Reactions: Lifetimeboiler
I'll call bullshit. Defense wasn't the problem. Offense was completely incompetent and it's not a "Rondale" thing. It's a coaching and QB thing. Brohm makes peculiar and erratic decisions with choosing a QB. It's going to end up costing him his job.
I don't give a rats ass what you call. I'm not going to agree with you so I'm not going to bother arguing about it.

His best year was with Hazell recruits. We are just treading water in a sea of mediocracy. 2 damn yards rushing.

Reactions: pu1985
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT