ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Northwestern THREAD

18-9 Purdue after one. Playing pretty good except for the dang turnovers. I think they have 6 already.

Reactions: MichaelRR
18-9 Purdue at the end of 1 quarter. 6 TOs, but NU not taking advantage. Out rebounding NU 16-6 covers a lot of ills.

24-15 Purdue 4:40 left in the second. I think both teams have 7 or 8 turnovers each. Lol.

Just tuned in to the radio broadcast with Tim Newton - caught the last 2-3 minutes of 2nd Q, and it sounds like a really sloppy game. BUT… Purdue way ahead so there’s a positive. Yeah TO’s happening on both sides like every other play. Glad I’m listening and not watching 😎

36-17 at the half. Northwestern really struggling. Purdue killing them on the boards. If we could stop with the unforced turnovers it would be a blow out. Terry and Stevenson with 2 fouls each about the only concern for Purdue.

10 turnovers already against THIS team? I miss the days (admittedly, it's been forever) when we weren't so careless with the ball. Just ridiculous to watch.

Very unusual game, we are playing poorly with being loose with the ball and not shooting well, but NU just doesn't care. They have quit and are just going through the motions. Purdue up 51-20. This kind of effort and execution next game will get us blown out by a mad Nebraska team that just got skull drug at OSU 80-47 and had 30 TOs to 18 made baskets. UGH..... That Iowa hangover was strong apparently, and now they will come in ready to make up for that terrible performance.

57-30 Purdue at the end of 3. Just sloppy ugly ball by both teams. We are not playing one whit better than our normal crappy performance on the road, NU is just playing that much worse. 14 TOs and pulled their shooting up to 44% by hitting 66% in the third quarter. Lots of individual milestones being hit by the boiler ladies.

According to ESPN gamecast, Purdue does have 25 assists and 19 fast break points against 17 turnovers at the 3 minute mark in the 4th.

So, it must not have been all sloppy.

Reactions: Russ Ford
According to ESPN gamecast, Purdue does have 25 assists and 19 fast break points against 17 turnovers at the 3 minute mark in the 4th.

So, it must not have been all sloppy.
It wasn't.....they dominated this game in every facet. They did have too many unforced turnovers but other than that they played well.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Negatives -

Jones has seemingly hit a freshman wall, specifically on offense. Understandable. Hopefully she breaks out of the funk soon.

Mckenna had a boot on and didn't play. Didn't she have one on earlier in the year but never missed a game?

Still a bunch of unforced turnovers. 18 all together, 10 at half and alot of them by our seniors.

Positives -

Ellis and Madison both got on track offensively, hopefully they can finish the rest of the season strong.

Swanson had more layups than 3's, didn't have that on the bingo card.

27-0 scoring run.

Final thoughts -

Not to take the joy out of this road win but northwestern is probably the worst team in the conference? Still, it was nice to see the ladies not let off the gas and finish a full game.

Last edited:
Mike Carmin reported a few weeks ago that McKenna and Sophie were wearing boots between games. I noticed in the IU game that McKenna scored 4 quick points in the 1st half then went out and never returned. Maybe she tweaked something then.

Reactions: tomgloe
Terry hit a milestone or two tonight as well (don't remember exactly what they were) , and Madison moved up to 6th all time in 3s made at Purdue and is only a couple away from 5th.
I think she is closing in on 1000 points for her career including at Illinois. They also said something about her career assist, rebounds and steal totals were something that only one other player had ever done. I don't remember what each number was.

Madison Layden had 16 tonight, so she should be up to 965 career points with at least 6 games left in her career.

Reactions: Russ Ford
900 rebounds 700 assists 200 steals are the milestone numbers that Janae Terry hit. The only other player in Big Ten history to do it was Samantha Logic from Iowa.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT