ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern at Purdue: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Great offensive half. Will need another just like it. First team to 88 wins.

How about that zone??.....tried Zone 3 times....each time a NW 3

• Haha
Reactions: BoilerDaddy
NW shooting 10/15 (8-13 from deep).....first stage was Berry.....then Buie. Boilers' defense got better - some late turnovers hurt. With the way NW shot, for Purdue to be up 47-39 is pretty good.

They need to come out strong and keep Loyer/Jones out of foul trouble.

Nice half, up 8 on a team that has been good so far. This is a solid NW team, they’re not deep but otherwise they’re a tourney team that can win a game or maybe two.

He may not start, but he finishes.
But he plays so much better with Edey

I get TKR getting minutes and it can’t just be with Furst when the back ups are in. But with his 3pt shooting and rebounding when it’s not near Edey, We might get better starts to games with giving him a few minutes at the beginning

Courtney in the games I’ve watched (all of them lol) has done a nice job this year.

He and DJ have to me as well.....Szelc is still a mystery and a couple others. So far, it doesn't seem as bad or inconsistent this year, generally. Some blown calls in the first half, though, IMO.

Reactions: Schnelk
Great offensive half. Will need another just like it. First team to 88 wins.

How about that zone??.....tried Zone 3 times....each time a NW 3
Nope, they were 2/3 against the zone. Same as against MTM. Keep giving them different looks it will pay off.

Nope, they were 2/3 against the zone. Same as against MTM. Keep giving them different looks it will pay off.

In any case a hot NW is not a team a zone will work against.

I applaud CMP for mixing it up though.....hope he uses it again as the season progresses.

Reactions: DrEss
He and DJ have to me as well.....Szelc is still a mystery and a couple others. So far, it doesn't seem as bad or inconsistent this year, generally. Some blown calls in the first half, though, IMO.
Agreed, DJ has been the best I think. Look, refs are human, they’ll blow some, nature of sports.

It should be noted that Morton played very well in H1. Sure his guy scored on occasion, but for the most part, he really is making it harder for NW to execute.
Very good first half by Morty. Also, got to give CMP credit for finishing the half without Fletch or Jones picking up their 3rd. Was hoping to see Colvin for a few minutes but not to be.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT