ADVERTISEMENT

No. 1 seed in the Midwest

Don’t like our matchups but it could be worse. We won’t have to worry about facing Duke and UNC until the final 4. I thought UCONN received a very favorable bracket. I’m not a huge fan of Iowa st. We dodged a bullet not playing Kentucky . Auburn is not deserving of a 4 seed. Both Gonzaga and Tennessee will be tough. I’m not sure which Kansas team will show up and what their injury status is.

I don’t know how easy the 16 seeds are. I thought UConn benefited more by getting the easiest 2 and 4 seeds.

I’m not fan of rematches. But hey, to get to the final 4, Purdue had to play somebody tough.

Don’t like our matchups but it could be worse. We won’t have to worry about facing Duke and UNC until the final 4. I thought UCONN received a very favorable bracket. I’m not a huge fan of Iowa st. We dodged a bullet not playing Kentucky . Auburn is not deserving of a 4 seed. Both Gonzaga and Tennessee will be tough. I’m not sure which Kansas team will show up and what their injury status is.

I don’t know how easy the 16 seeds are. I thought UConn benefited more by getting the easiest 2 and 4 seeds.

I’m not fan of rematches. But hey, to get to the final 4, Purdue had to play somebody tough.
When you beat most of the 2 seeds you’re going to face a potential rematch if you take care of business

I don't like our draw but I may be in the minority. Kansas will be back at full strength so actually they are under seeded.
May be under seeded but they're not a 1 seed, so if they make it to EE I don't think they're better than the 2 seeds in other brackets.

Specifically what matchups do you not like?

I was glad to see Iowa St in UConn’s bracket. Not that I am worried about the #2 seed. I’m more interested in first weekend matchups at this point.

I’ve been dreading the storyline of our loss last year. We’re going to hear it all week. At least we have the advantage of not looking past the first game like other teams might. We know better.

Reactions: Dryfly88 and DrEss
Quite frankly we seem to play to the level of our competition, so I’d rather have some
Name brand teams after round 1. It seems the teams that get us are desperately outmatched and try something crazy and not teams confident enough to stick with the way they’ve played all year
Agreed. A brand name team is going to do what they do, while a no name, overmatched team will probably do something different.

Duke's not that great this year. I do think UNC will be a tough matchup in the tournament. I actually think Gonzaga will be vulnerable. They were iffy to make the tournament a couple of weeks ago. It's actually a pretty manageable bracket.

Reactions: pushal
Quite frankly we seem to play to the level of our competition, so I’d rather have some
Name brand teams after round 1. It seems the teams that get us are desperately outmatched and try something crazy and not teams confident enough to stick with the way they’ve played all year

At each step, there will be a team good enough to beat us, if they play well.

So yes we will face some teams on a mission. Hope Purdue is focused, healthy and just primed for a greater mission.

We have been gifted good brackets before. However this team is different and has fuel for the fire this year

Reactions: DrEss
Quite frankly assuming we don’t set a new bar for mediocrity and lose in round 1 again.

I almost feel like TCU would be our toughest matchup until the elite 8

• Love
Reactions: Boiler Buck
Not worried about first round at all. Either second round opponent can beat us if we don't bring our A game.

If we make it to the second weekend, there's no one there that gives me super concern.

Looking at this bracket, I actually think either we lose in the second round or make the final four. I think if we make it to the second weekend, we're kinda gonna be hard to stop but I worry about that second round game. Feels like the type of underdog teams we've been vulnerable to before.

Being in Indy and making it effectively a home game definitely helps avoid that though.

Uconn received a brutal region. I'd take Duke or UNC in a heartbeat. I'n not sure I agree with any of your takes here...

Reactions: dumpsterFyre
Not worried about first round at all. Either second round opponent can beat us if we don't bring our A game.

If we make it to the second weekend, there's no one there that gives me super concern.

Looking at this bracket, I actually think either we lose in the second round or make the final four. I think if we make it to the second weekend, we're kinda gonna be hard to stop but I worry about that second round game. Feels like the type of underdog teams we've been vulnerable to before.

Being in Indy and making it effectively a home game definitely helps avoid that though.

Agree with this. Watched TCU take a healthy Kansas to the wire earlier this year, before officials robbed them of the W. And either of those 8/9s have played great on occasion. So that level of play can beat us if we are not focused and healthy.

Got to get on a roll, and better come ready @ each step

Reactions: dayhr11
Based on our history, I rather play Kansas than Peacock! I guess Creighton is our 2nd seed, but they end up in our brackets at 3rd seed. I guess 7 BIG teams will get in, but it's only 6, oh well, pretty close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT