ADVERTISEMENT

NIL and Transfers

FLAG HUNTER

Junior
Oct 2, 2014
With the NIL and transfers , maybe there should be some kind of buyout for players going to the portal! Gotta be hard for a coach nowadays. This NIL has ruined college sports!

Maybe this is what college sports needed. I see a new division being created . Maybe the majority of college teams will go back to being amateurs. Let these people form their own minor leagues and let colleges rent out their stadiums to them.

Last edited:
Maybe this is what college sports needed. I see a new division being created . Maybe the majority of college teams will go back to being amateurs. Let these people form their own minor leagues and let colleges rent out their stadiums to them. And let the colleges have football clubs
College's legally cannot forbid players from taking nil money. They would be sued and easily lose if they tried to prevent it. That is why there will be no separate division based on nil. The cat is already out of the bag and it seems there is no going back.

I’m wondering would a player purposely red shirt just so he could get 5 years of NIL money?

The truth is 95% of the colleges have about the same NIL. The big NIL deals were brokered by handlers. And many of the big NIL deals are not as big as the media reports them to be. Many of them have clauses and caveats.

Let’s go back to the day of being a professional when one accepts NIL. Split the colleges and universities into two groups 1) professional minor leagues with no academics and the NFL pays the scholarship, players must stay where they are for two years and earn all the NIL money they want then turn pro, stay or transfer for two more years, attend classes if they wish to and 2) academic scholarship’s to play sports just like the Ivy League. Same deal on staying two years then transfer, stay or turn pro, no NIL money!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT