ADVERTISEMENT

Nice Sindelar article

Not aware of this site, but these type of articles are repeated in many places after they original appear somewhere. I do searches on the internet using the terms Purdue football 2019 news, so I've come across this particularly article several times. Like you've done, I've posted links to some Purdue-related articles in the past and see the same article appearing many weeks or months later in other obscure places.

As an aside, my German wife used to teach English, and occasionally I would help her with student-written papers. It was easy for me to tell the plagiarized ones from the unusual use of language, and easy to prove by taking those unusually worded phrases and doing an internet search on them, and there would appear the original plagiarized article proving it. I'm sure that you could probably do the same with phrases in this article, and find its original source if you wanted .

"Gents... uh... the article is attributed to the Associated Press."

Which is an association and does not write these articles. From Wikipedia- "The Associated Press is a U.S. -based not-for-profit news agency headquartered in New York City. Founded in 1846, it operates as a cooperative, unincorporated association. Its members are U.S. newspapers and broadcasters." These are the people who write this, and it's distributed by the AP. I find it amazing why a newspaper in Nowhereville over a thousand miles away carries some of these Purdue-related articles as they must be desperate for filler.

"Gents... uh... the article is attributed to the Associated Press."

Which is an association and does not write these articles. From Wikipedia- "The Associated Press is a U.S. -based not-for-profit news agency headquartered in New York City. Founded in 1846, it operates as a cooperative, unincorporated association. Its members are U.S. newspapers and broadcasters." These are the people who write this, and it's distributed by the AP. I find it amazing why a newspaper in Nowhereville over a thousand miles away carries some of these Purdue-related articles as they must be desperate for filler.

yeah.... and... "Not aware of this site, but these type of articles are repeated in many places after they original appear somewhere."

My point was/is, yes, it's repeated. "AP" would be the first indication it "original appear somewhere."

Not a big deal, just confirming it was likely "repeated", since it was distributed by AP.

I hope that makes sense. If not, this could go off the rails quickly....

:rolleyes:

I've discovered that you can watch those Gold&Black video clips at least a day earlier if you access them directly through YouTube. For instance, those running back clips were posted a day earlier there. Evidently this is the site where Gold&Black hosts those clips, and they have to be on there first before they can mention them. Also, I never could access the tight end Kyle's video clip on Gold&Black after trying all day with "problems" on Gold&Black but it was easily accessible from YouTube on the first try.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT