ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year

mathboy

All-American
Feb 4, 2004
Michigan
Probably too early to do this but, why not?

PG: IT, Braden Smith
SG: Newman, Morton, Loyer
SF: Kaufman, Heide
PF: Gillis, Furst
C: Edey, Berg

I probably have left off someone obvious, but it’s late, I’m tired, and bored.

Reactions: tjreese

Waddell somewhere...Furst will play some 5 I think, and, potentially a lot.

Still going to use at least a scholarship somewhere also...a lot of clamor for PG, but, SF sure looks like a spot that may need some help as well...I say that, but, Newman can/will see some time there if he returns and plays as expected (just as Sasha has).

Reactions: PurdueDave
Waddell somewhere...Furst will play some 5 I think, and, potentially a lot.

Still going to use at least a scholarship somewhere also...a lot of clamor for PG, but, SF sure looks like a spot that may need some help as well...I say that, but, Newman can/will see some time there if he returns and plays as expected (just as Sasha has).
I agree about Furst playing the 5....a lot.

Clearly this means that this year is expected to end with a soft thud since we're already moving on to next year.

I'll bite.... :)

Kaufman being able to play the 3 will be the key. He and Newman will need to be the guys who carry more of the offensive load to help Edey. Painter said Newman is much better when he gets 20-30 mins a game vs 5 min spurts. The path to do that is wide open for him to do that.

Could Edey avg 20 and 15 getting 30 mpg?

Anyways, lots of ball left to be played this year, but still always fun to think about.

Reactions: tjreese
I’m not convinced Edey will be back and there are some here who think Newman is gone. Not a fan of IT being our primary ball handler I think I’d rather have Morton or a transfer. Newman will be our wild card. And I think waddell will back up Gillis with Furst at the 5.

I’m not convinced Edey will be back and there are some here who think Newman is gone. Not a fan of IT being our primary ball handler I think I’d rather have Morton or a transfer. Newman will be our wild card. And I think waddell will back up Gillis with Furst at the 5.
Based on how Edey has sort of regressed, especially with free throws and not having a jumper per se, he goes through the process and comes back for one more year.

Which could set us up for another decent 20+ win season.

I was watching some of the Westfield game in the Sectional final that was recorded. Smith is a very confident, somewhat cocky player. He definitely runs the show on the court. He reminded me of Kramer somewhat, but not that defensive minded yet, but more expressively assertive in his actions and demeanor. This isn't supposed to be a knock, but he would stay off of the player he was guarding, almost like he knew he had the motor to catch the guy if he needed to with his athletic ability. I like that he was "take charge" as a point guard and was giving direction and coaching his teammates. He'll be a player other teams won't like since he has that "I dare you" attitude. I'm looking forward to seeing him, Heide and Loyer in Purdue uniforms (of course Berg too). I think our incoming freshmen are coming into a good situation with the chance for added playing time. Time will tell, I guess.

I think Edey comes back, but if he doesn't and we don't get a quality transfer or two we're in for a long year.

Reactions: Matt Tiger
We have 2 starting guards spots open for the portal....
And Painter's shown that he'll go to the portal when there are spots open. He did it with Octeus, Boudraeux and Proctor. Wouldn't be surprised to see a grad transfer or a 2 year transfer. He typically brings in a transfer guard the year after a starting guard graduates; Terone Johnson - John Octeus, Carsen - Jahaad. We'll see who's available in the portal and who decides to leave as well

Don’t think so. Once again you are being a Debby Downer. I clearly stated that this post was too early.
I just like finishing something before moving on. I haven't given up on this year, sunshine boy. Being a Debbie downer is giving up and looking to the next season.

Millennials need hugs, safe places and participation trophies. Isn't that right Karen? Go ahead scream at the sky and you'll magically be right.
You’re the only one that’s coming off pathetic here. This is Purdue message board for Purdue fans. I understand your frustration, I’ve been there in the past but instead of being a negative person you’d be better off finding a pillow to scream into. This is a fun team. Our program has made great strides. Subjectively with my eyes this is one of the best teams I’ve watched (albeit not the best defensively). But instead of being a downer and trying to drag everyone down with you, why not just enjoy the games and root for the team you supposedly care about.

I actually agree with your position on this subject, however it seems you're the one that has stopped using logic and resorted to name calling. What happened?
This is the guy who got all emotional when we lost the “must get” recruit Rob Friggin Phinisee…

You’re the only one that’s coming off pathetic here. This is Purdue message board for Purdue fans. I understand your frustration, I’ve been there in the past but instead of being a negative person you’d be better off finding a pillow to scream into. This is a fun team. Our program has made great strides. Subjectively with my eyes this is one of the best teams I’ve watched (albeit not the best defensively). But instead of being a downer and trying to drag everyone down with you, why not just enjoy the games and root for the team you supposedly care about.
He is the biggest anti-Painter person there is and doesn't handle being 'challenged' on his comments. No clue if he really is a Purdue fan or not, but he certainly isn't any older than say 15 at best.

There are a couple on here that legit hate Painter for some reason and enjoy it when we lose or struggle for their internet points. They are self-entitled and explode with tantrums when they don't get there way. And you can tell by the sheer number of people that call him on it that what I said is true.

Oh and his typical response is 'no one can post here unless they follow the group think' which is far from true. If it were true he would of been banned long ago but reality is no one cares what he has to say or thinks much of it and it bothers him to no end.

He is the biggest anti-Painter person there is and doesn't handle being 'challenged' on his comments. No clue if he really is a Purdue fan or not, but he certainly isn't any older than say 15 at best.

There are a couple on here that legit hate Painter for some reason and enjoy it when we lose or struggle for their internet points. They are self-entitled and explode with tantrums when they don't get there way. And you can tell by the sheer number of people that call him on it that what I said is true.

Oh and his typical response is 'no one can post here unless they follow the group think' which is far from true. If it were true he would of been banned long ago but reality is no one cares what he has to say or thinks much of it and it bothers him to no end.
Noted. Thanks. Don’t understand the logic, but I see that now.

Reactions: Level 42
I actually agree with your position on this subject, however it seems you're the one that has stopped using logic and resorted to name calling. What happened?
This is the new and improved deuce. He didn't like that I disagree and called me genius. So, from this point forward, throw sand and I'll throw it back. I'm done expecting opinions to be addressed with an opposing point. Make it personal and ill make it personal. I'm done. Wanna be respectful, cool. Wanna roll in the mud, cool.

• Haha
Reactions: amhutchison91
This is the new and improved deuce. He didn't like that I disagree and called me genius. So, from this point forward, throw sand and I'll throw it back. I'm done expecting opinions to be addressed with an opposing point. Make it personal and ill make it personal. I'm done. Wanna be respectful, cool. Wanna roll in the mud, cool.
200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk
Allow me to translate. “I’m miserable so I want everyone to be miserable with me.”

Reactions: Level 42
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT