ADVERTISEMENT

Next Football Coach

There are a lot of moving parts regarding the next football coach. I’d keep an eye on Neal Brown of Troy, who shares the same agent as JB.

With JB moving to Louisville, Tyra may do Purdue a favor and insert Brown. I don’t have anything definitive on the Brown move yet but am starting to hear some rumblings.

Will share as I have more info.

Agreed. Jeff Brohm would be absolutely crazy to walk away from Purdue right now. It would potentially be career suicide for him to take the Louisville job. Jeff is a smart man who understands a great thing when he has it. I’m sure Louisville will find a decent up and cumer HC.

If I recall correctly, Southern Indiana is directly adjacent to Louisville, with some nice wide bridges between to ensure a good flow of traffic between the two. Now I understand why UL fans reflect the level of classlessness they do. Not only are they an amalgam of Kentucky muffin shooters, but they get to mix southern Indiana in that stew too.
I thought you were finished responding to me?

Yeah...my 5 acres with a stocked pond, paying a fraction of the property taxes as Kentucky, is disgusting. Hard to imagine how one can live in such a way.
Lol - there’s a reason the taxes are lower. And only 5 acres? That must have set you back at least 10K.

Yep...a whole 10k. What you pay in property tax for your piece of crap house in a garbage city.
Good for you. I mean there’s no shame in knowing one’s financial limitations. Where roughly is your place? I bet there’s a chance that I can see it from my pool deck.

Good for you. I mean there’s no shame in knowing one’s financial limitations. Where roughly is your place? I bet there’s a chance that I can see it from my pool deck.
Redneck-pool.jpg

Reactions: Purdue85 and mrb202
Not what's been posted on this forum for days upon days.

"He gone"... from day one of the Petrino firing.

Get your stories straight.
Give credit to yourself...I think Purdue has made the decision difficult for him. Personally, I am a bit concerned about how much money it may take. I am not concerned about whether we have it, but am concerned if whether the AD will have enough support from the Administration in this new era to open up the wallet like we will likely need to. Many Cards fans are pointing to the beliefs that A) Tyra does not fire Petrino without a solid plan. B) CJB's agent and UofL have already been negotiating. C) Petrino's buyout money is being paid for by a couple donors (who expect CJB to be the next coach). D) CJB has all but said that he was for certain staying (the door is still open). E) Tyra and CJB both taking high road and on same page saying they have not communicated yet... a strategy that would not hold CJB accountable for his vague statements about his future at Purdue. If it does not work out for us and CJB, we will find the right guy for our program. No worries here. Regarding CJB, We will all be alot more certain in probably less than a week. Ya'll stay warm up there, snow on the way.

Conversation started and ended pretty quickly apparently. Good luck trying to get Mizzou's coach. Sounds like a solid plan B.
You are the first report I have read that they met, talked, and had a short conversation. Are you willing to share where you read this? Not saying you are wrong, but would like to read it for myself. Thanks in advance.

Give credit to yourself...I think Purdue has made the decision difficult for him. Personally, I am a bit concerned about how much money it may take. I am not concerned about whether we have it, but am concerned if whether the AD will have enough support from the Administration in this new era to open up the wallet like we will likely need to. Many Cards fans are pointing to the beliefs that A) Tyra does not fire Petrino without a solid plan. B) CJB's agent and UofL have already been negotiating. C) Petrino's buyout money is being paid for by a couple donors (who expect CJB to be the next coach). D) CJB has all but said that he was for certain staying (the door is still open). E) Tyra and CJB both taking high road and on same page saying they have not communicated yet... a strategy that would not hold CJB accountable for his vague statements about his future at Purdue. If it does not work out for us and CJB, we will find the right guy for our program. No worries here. Regarding CJB, We will all be alot more certain in probably less than a week. Ya'll stay warm up there, snow on the way.
But money isn't an issue at Louisville is all we ever heard for weeks here. Now reports sound like we are willing to pay significant dollars (because we have an AD that has been in the black it's entire history and have B1G revenues going up every year) to eclipse any thing you can do. So maybe our AD is more flush than you thought?

But money isn't an issue at Louisville is all we ever heard for weeks here. Now report sound like we are willing to pay significant dollars (because we have an AD that has been in the black it's entire history and have B1G revenues going up every year) to eclipse any thing you can do. So maybe our AD is more flush than you thought?
What’s the saying about bringing a knife to a gun fight?

Reactions: BoilerBulldog

Given the questionable decisions at UofL, you might be giving the "leadership" too much credit.

In my estimation, the handwriting was on the wall and there was no way Petrino was to be retained. At that point it became an issue of looking for the "right" next person, Brohm or not.

I have no doubt, UofL will find the "right" person.

But, too many of the UofL "fans" have been utterly classless on this forum. As a result, it's difficult for many of us to wish you well. Nonetheless, good luck in your search.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but despite the state of denial this board and the media are in Jeff Brohm is still going to be coaching at UofL next season. The process is just running it’s course.

At this point, there are statements all over the place. I couldn't give a fat rat's arse what you stand by, nor what you've said.

I'll just be glad when this episode is over and we can rid ourselves of the trash we've come to know as UofL "fans."

Just wait until Kentucky comes to hire Neal Brown away from Purdue in a few years. Talk about an unwashed horde.

But money isn't an issue at Louisville is all we ever heard for weeks here. Now reports sound like we are willing to pay significant dollars (because we have an AD that has been in the black it's entire history and have B1G revenues going up every year) to eclipse any thing you can do. So maybe our AD is more flush than you thought?
You are predictable like a young child. Coming up with money is not an issue here, spending it in the manner we have in the past is questionable within months of some major upheaval. Do you understand the difference? We know about your money, we never said Purdue did not have it. We know you are one of like 13 universities whose athletic program is totally self supporting. We have read all the stats and numbers there, no surprise for us. I will not get into a pissing match about revenues, facilities, upcoming ACC network money...I know the facts and I would not trade places with Purdue Athletics on any day or season, not even in a 2-9 football season. That said, I think MBob (is that what you call him?) is going to be willing to loosen his belt a lil and pay your guy if he decides not to go home. Congrats.

I have heard from a very reliable source that the deal is done, Brohm is coming home to coach the Louisville Cardinals. Was told there are some “small” negotiatable things that still need to be agreed upon but that they won’t determine the outcome of Brohm coming home.

Reactions: g_Rant
You are predictable like a young child. Coming up with money is not an issue here, spending it in the manner we have in the past is questionable within months of some major upheaval. Do you understand the difference? We know about your money, we never said Purdue did not have it. We know you are one of like 13 universities whose athletic program is totally self supporting. We have read all the stats and numbers there, no surprise for us. I will not get into a pissing match about revenues, facilities, upcoming ACC network money...I know the facts and I would not trade places with Purdue Athletics on any day or season, not even in a 2-9 football season. That said, I think MBob (is that what you call him?) is going to be willing to loosen his belt a lil and pay your guy if he decides not to go home. Congrats.
Umm. Thanks?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT