ADVERTISEMENT

Next Football Coach

May 27, 2005
There are a lot of moving parts regarding the next football coach. I’d keep an eye on Neal Brown of Troy, who shares the same agent as JB.

With JB moving to Louisville, Tyra may do Purdue a favor and insert Brown. I don’t have anything definitive on the Brown move yet but am starting to hear some rumblings.

Will share as I have more info.

Last edited:
Reactions: yogi10
You'll be dealing with the same thing in a few years when Stoops leaves at UK. Brown will leave Purdue for UK in a NY minute.

If only the Loserville fans had a forum of their own to post on.

The U of L fans don't care about University fiscal management, none of them went to college and only care about the sports teams. Kentucky is such a backwards state, they can't get real pro teams and they aren't bright enough to realize college sports isn't professional sports so they keep trying to buy championships. They can't understand for some players, they do actually want to get a degree that is worth something after they are done.

There are a lot of moving parts regarding the next football coach. I’d keep an eye on Neal Brown of Troy, who shares the same agent as JB.

With JB moving to Louisville, Tyra may do Purdue a favor and insert Brown. I don’t have anything definitive on the Brown move yet but am starting to hear some rumblings.

https://amp.jconline.com/amp/2086065002?__twitter_impression=true

Brohm has concocted quite the facade if he’s leaving... (should I explain to all the lurking Kentuckians what that word means?)

Reactions: Frankie611
Two forums are better. I mean it’s like having two houses - one in your hometown and one in some other place. :)

Ah, so you come over here for someplace nice and upscale to hang out in as your vacation home in your home town is usually a smaller crap hole compared to your main home. Got it, nice of you to admit it though that Louisville is such a crap hole that you'd rather hang out here.

Ah, so you come over here for someplace nice and upscale to hang out in as your vacation home in your home town is usually a smaller crap hole compared to your main home. Got it, nice of you to admit it though that Louisville is such a crap hole that you'd rather hang out here.
You realize - this isn’t an actual place - right?

Are you saying that Tyra would essentially make the recommendation to Bobinski about hiring Brown?

Whatever shred of potential insight you claim to have is rendered useless and false if that is the case

Purdue should simply hire Mike Norvell from Memphis. The guy is young and runs the same type of offense. More importantly, I do not think he has any school ties, unlike Brohm with Louisville. He would be a great long term fit for Purdue.

Reactions: BeerbellyBoiler
Let me see if I can use it correctly.

The monicker “Cradle of Quarterbacks” is a shiny facade for the historical mediocrity of Purdue football.

Was I right?

U of L football hasn't even stepped up to power 5 mediocrity. I assume you don't remember that you've been in a power 5 conference for a grand total of 7 years. Prior to that you were part of the Big East and Conf USA, which are the definition of less than mediocre. When you win an ACC or power 5 conference championship, come back and see us. Until then, I'll continue to chuckle at how delusional Louisville fans think they have some sort of power football program. BTW, what's the name of your record setting NFL quarterback again? Oh, that's right, you don't have one...

Purdue should simply hire Mike Norvell from Memphis. The guy is young and runs the same type of offense. More importantly, I do not think he has any school ties, unlike Brohm with Louisville. He would be a great long term fit for Purdue.

Purdue has a coach.

Maybe UofL can afford Norvell. He could be a good long term fit there. Probably cheaper, which might help erase that $300,000,000 shortfall.

Purdue has a coach.

Maybe UofL can afford Norvell. He could be a good long term fit there. Probably cheaper, which might help erase that $300,000,000 shortfall.

I don't think that there is any question but that Purdue is by far the better program - I have also read/heard that the ACC is having buyers remorse for ever having invited Louisville to join their conference.

From a career perspective, it makes no sense for Brohm to leave Purdue for the dumpster fire that is Louisville. But apparently the strong personal and family ties that Brohm has with Louisville may override what is a terrible career move.

As a result, I think the odds heavily favor Brohm leaving for Louisville. I personally think that this could be career suicide for Brohm, but the old saying is - that a man has got to do what a man has got to do.

And if Purdue is going to need a new coach, I think that Norvell would be a great hire and would keep Purdue on the upper trajectory started by Brohm.

Last edited:
Chapman is the guy guaranteeing Rondale Moore transfer season to Louisville. Never mind that would be bad business move for Rondale

If Rondale transfers he will save a year of wear and tear on his body, especially since Louisville will not be a very good team next year. They are most likely looking for a new QB and this would give them a year to build the roster before putting Moore on the field.

If Rondale transfers he will save a year of wear and tear on his body, especially since Louisville will not be a very good team next year. They are most likely looking for a new QB and this would give them a year to build the roster before putting Moore on the field.

No reason for him to transfer. I think he likes playing for Brohm.

;)

No reason for him to transfer. I think he likes playing for Brohm.

;)

Right, wrong or indifferent, JB will be the HC at Louisville next year. If you want to play ostrich and bury your head in the sand then so be it.

Besides, my comments were in relation to Rondale. I don't post what I want to say; I post what I actually think.

Why would he do that. Really think he is going. To hang out past his required 3 years. Dude is a better Percy Harvin. Gone after 3rd year.

Why would he do that. Really think he is going. To hang out past his required 3 years. Dude is a better Percy Harvin. Gone after 3rd year.

Save a year of wear/tear on his body and let JB get some time to build out the team a bit. Blow it out his RS Sophomore year and head to the pros. I have no inside info on this one just posting my thought process...

Save a year of wear/tear on his body and let JB get some time to build out the team a bit. Blow it out his RS Sophomore year and head to the pros. I have no inside info on this one just posting my thought process...
G spot - I’m impressed with your thought process and inside info.

Right, wrong or indifferent, JB will be the HC at Louisville next year. If you want to play ostrich and bury your head in the sand then so be it.

Besides, my comments were in relation to Rondale. I don't post what I want to say; I post what I actually think.

You're delusional to think you know the future.

It's at best 50/50 Brohm leaves Purdue.

You better have your meds handy. I can only imagine the gnashing of teeth if he tells you "no."

Reactions: Lazz81
You're delusional to think you know the future.

It's at best 50/50 Brohm leaves Purdue.

You better have your meds handy. I can only imagine the gnashing of teeth if he tells you "no."

I don't care what JB does. He wouldn't be telling me 'no'.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT