ADVERTISEMENT

New Jan 6 Footage

You're obviously jealous, since it's apparent that you're always full of crap.

Boilermadness:

cymbals-rimshot.gif

WTF are you talking about? Despite my better judgment, I ended up responding to your inane posts and instead of trying to counter my points, you count words and think you've got a gotcha moment. It's like dealing with a very SLOOOOW 5 yr old.

I believe your last two sentences relate to you, a lot more to me.
Keep telling yourself that you're brilliant. You obviously need the self affirmation.
You didn't respond to a couple of the posts that you claim are too long for you to read. (which again, as I pointed out, are much shorter than your posts). It's fine to run away.

Are you still holding on to your trump university diploma and donating to the trump charity that was dissolved?

I bet if you took videos of the grounds on Jan 5th before the insurrection it would be peaceful too. It's irrelevant. Why doesn't the prosecution of a bank robber show videos of the defendant playing with his kids or smoking cigarettes in his car before he robs the bank? It doesn't matter. The crime was the violent action and offense. Let me know if you still don't get it.

I love it when your hero trump, who whips the crowd into a frenzy to attack the capitol isn't responsible but to you pelosi is for not calling in troops in ahead of time. You really are a nut.
It's amusing how you rattle around inside your head, making things up that have no relevance to anything. WTF does Jan 5th have to do with anything? The videos Pelosi didn't want to release showed a lot of people walking around in the Capitol like tourists. Usually, in situations like this, you have a few dozen activists and a large number of spectators. It wasn't all a war zone, like her highly edited version would lead you to believe.

I've never once said that Trump was my hero. so quit making things up. I thought he had good policies for the country, but he is a flawed human being. I thought that having the rally on the Mall on the 6th was a mistake. it wasn't that hard to figure out what was likely to happen, but please, show me anywhere in Trump's speech, where he told the people to "attack the Capitol"?

Pelosi had requested the National Guard, but decided NOT to deploy them, so yes, she does have some culpability, too.

Last edited:
That's the real problem. The Capital Police were inept, sniveling cowards. If a mob breaches the Capital building, shoot 'em! Take your weapons from the holsters and fire away! Doesn't make any difference if it's Proud Boys or BLM or Sons of the Confederacy or Antifa. If they break into the Capital, shoot 'em! Do your job!
By golly, trespassing is a capital crime. Off with their heads...LOL

If the purpose of the BLM protests was to burn buildings and create havoc I'd see your point. I've said from the beginning, anyone who breaks the law should be held responsible for their actions. The protests themselves were to challenge the perceived injustice against people of color.

In the case of the insurrection on Jan 6, the purpose of the entire group attacking the capitol was to disrupt and overturn the results of an election they didn't agree on the outcome while terrorizing the members of congress.

The motivations and reasons for being there is why they aren't the same thing.
I completely agree with your point on being held responsible - I don't care what "team" you are on - if you broke the law you should be held responsible and punished appropriately. Refreshing to hear others say that as well.

That said, I don't necessarily agree with your classifications of the BLM events. One could easily say that BLM was there to burn buildings and create havoc. At the very least the 80+ days of Portland riots were instances where everybody knew what the purpose of the demonstration was - to march on and set fire to the federal courthouse in defiance of the federal government (e.g., specifically Trump and his use of federal agents to enforce order during the earlier BLM riots). That seems to fit your definition of insurrection pretty well. Kenosha and Minneapolis, too, almost immediately broke down into violence and destruction because BLM disagreed with and was trying to influence Police (e.g., state) behavior. The autonomous zones are basically self-explanatory – their primary purpose was to be autonomous from and undermine state authority.

I agree that the underlying BLM events were rooted in challenges to the perceived injustice against people of color, but I ask a supporter of Jan 6 the same question and they say January 6 was rooted in a perceived injustice as to how the election was organized. Bad acts are almost universally cloaked with good intentions so I'm not sure that can really be relied upon here to excuse or distinguish what was otherwise reprehensible actions by both sides.

Sigh, just when I think you’re smarter than most of the right wing trolls on here, you crawl right back into pits with them.

You’re better than this, SD. Really.
OK, if you say so. I supported Trump therefore I must be, by definition, “the enemy”?

This white female Air Force veteran was gunned down with lethal force by an incompetent Capitol policeman. Do I think storming the Capitol building was appropriate? No. Do I really think this mob was actually going to kill congressional folks or Mike Pence? No. Do I think the white female Air Force vet deserved to be gunned down in cold blood? No.

It's amusing how you rattle around inside your head, making things up that have no relevance to anything. WTF does Jan 5th have to do with anything? The videos Pelosi didn't want to release showed a lot of people walking around in the Capitol like tourists. Usually, in situations like this, you have a few dozen activists and a large number of spectators. It wasn't all a war zone, like her highly edited version would lead you to believe.

I've never once said that Trump was my hero. so quit making things up. I thought he had good policies for the country, but he is a flawed human being. I thought that having the rally on the Mall on the 6th was a mistake. it wasn't that hard to figure out what was likely to happen, but please, show me anywhere in Trump's speech, where he told the people to "attack the Capitol"?

Pelosi had requested the National Guard, but decided NOT to deploy them, so yes, she does have some culpability, too.
Assuming trump runs again in 2024 does he have your vote? That's all I need to know.

Here's a pretty complete timeline for you. Who say's he's quoted saying "attack the capitol"? There are plenty of other sets of words that mean the same thing also included in the link.

Can you define what a marxist is? Why would a Marxist belief be incongruent to the BLM movement? Trying to understand your argument here.

In theory, disrupting the process spelled out in the electoral count act would cause a constitutional crisis and the new election result could not be executed. It's dumb, but so is beating up cops and breaking down the doors to congress.

If you are so ignorant that you are clueless about what Marxism is, then I can't help you. You must live under a rock. Perhaps you can google Karl Marx (no he wasn't one of the Marx brothers) or read "The Communist Manifesto" or "Das Kapital". Let me know when you have a rudimentary understanding.

OK, if you say so. I supported Trump therefore I must be, by definition, “the enemy”?

This white female Air Force veteran was gunned down with lethal force by an incompetent Capitol policeman. Do I think storming the Capitol building was appropriate? No. Do I really think this mob was actually going to kill congressional folks or Mike Pence? No. Do I think the white female Air Force vet deserved to be gunned down in cold blood? No.
According to the logic of @bonefish1 who is still quiet on this subject, she deserved what she got because she was breaking the law.

You didn't respond to a couple of the posts that you claim are too long for you to read. (which again, as I pointed out, are much shorter than your posts). It's fine to run away.

Are you still holding on to your trump university diploma and donating to the trump charity that was dissolved?
Are your still woefully ignorant? Yes, by golly, you are. Congratulations on your consistency!

Why the victimhood? Nobody said you were "the enemy". It's becoming a consistent attribute of the conservatives on here. Always a victim, like poor trump, like a poor terrorist, etc.

You can say that because they weren't successful in reaching the congressional member that they wouldn't have done anything to hurt them but they had no problem beating up and bloodying police and breaking down the doors and windows to get into the capitol while building a functional gallows and chanting "hang mike pence". You're right, I'm sure they were just there to share a jolly laugh between sips of tea. What a joke.

She wasn't gunned down in cold blood. She was leading a mob into the inner chamber of congress while she was breaking through a door after being warned not to several times. There is nothing more anti-American to me than defending terrorists. Glad you have no problem in doing so.

Reactions: YouSayPotato
Can you define what a marxist is? Why would a Marxist belief be incongruent to the BLM movement? Trying to understand your argument here.

In theory, disrupting the process spelled out in the electoral count act would cause a constitutional crisis and the new election result could not be executed. It's dumb, but so is beating up cops and breaking down the doors to congress.

These folks on this board don't know what a Marxist is if it slapped them in their faces. That is the typical label to use when they don't understand something like BLM or CRT. Remember that is what they called Dr. Martin Luther King along with being a communist. The only person on this board that knows about Marxism is the Marxist himself, guidelines2.

If you are so ignorant that you are clueless about what Marxism is, then I can't help you. You must live under a rock. Perhaps you can google Karl Marx (no he wasn't one of the Marx brothers) or read "The Communist Manifesto" or "Das Kapital". Let me know when you have a rudimentary understanding.
So not going to define it? Thanks grandpa for your "short" rant.

Assuming trump runs again in 2024 does he have your vote? That's all I need to know.

Here's a pretty complete timeline for you. Who say's he's quoted saying "attack the capitol"? There are plenty of other sets of words that mean the same thing also included in the link.

Frankly, I don't want him to run again. He's too divisive and that will get in the way of effectively running the country. Based on who's out there, DeSantis would be my top choice.

If a mob of armed strangers breaks into your home, should you shoot them? Or run and hide and let them harm your family or steal your property?

If it makes any difference, I am a white male Army veteran with 28 years active duty service.

These folks on this board don't know what a Marxist is if it slapped them in their faces. That is the typical label to use when they don't understand something like BLM or CRT. Remember that is what they called Dr. Martin Luther King along with being a communist. The only person on this board that knows about Marxism is the Marxist himself, guidelines2.
If you support MLK, you can't support CRT, since they are diametrically opposed. CRT has probably got MLK rolling over in his grave.

Why the victimhood? Nobody said you were "the enemy". It's becoming a consistent attribute of the conservatives on here. Always a victim, like poor trump, like a poor terrorist, etc.

You can say that because they weren't successful in reaching the congressional member that they wouldn't have done anything to hurt them but they had no problem beating up and bloodying police and breaking down the doors and windows to get into the capitol while building a functional gallows and chanting "hang mike pence". You're right, I'm sure they were just there to share a jolly laugh between sips of tea. What a joke.

She wasn't gunned down in cold blood. She was leading a mob into the inner chamber of congress while she was breaking through a door after being warned not to several times. There is nothing more anti-American to me than defending terrorists. Glad you have no problem in doing so.

I don't appreciate your sneering condescension with "SD, you're better than that". It's like you're patting a 7 year old kid on the head. It's not victimhood. I was throwing the condescension straight back at you.

What I've learned from this board is that most of the folks who agree with your stances are so jaded, so full of the party line, mainstream media brainwashing that they can't articulate a cogent point on their own.

It's just emotional bluster. I left this board for a number of months after the election and it was one of the best things I've done in awhile. I came back, and nothing has changed. Bob still has TDS big time. A bunch of others have changed their screen names but use the same worn out Progressive talking points. BNI calls everyone who disagrees with him a racist. There is some entertainment value here, but it wears away quickly.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
If a mob of armed strangers breaks into your home, should you shoot them? Or run and hide and let them harm your family or steal your property?

If it makes any difference, I am a white male Army veteran with 28 years active duty service.
Was the woman armed? Was she pointing a gun or any weapon at that policeman?

If someone breaks into my home, they could well be in for a rude awakening. The Capitol building is not a family home. It's more like a federal business building.

WTF are you talking about? She was on the other side of the wall from the cop. He was in NO imminent danger, when he shot her. That was an execution, because he was afraid and unprofessional.

That 120 pound woman was attempting to break through the door, but the door was still intact.

WTF are you talking about? She was on the other side of the wall from the cop. He was in NO imminent danger, when he shot her. That was an execution, because he was afraid and unprofessional.

That 120 pound woman was attempting to break through the door, but the door was still intact.
This is not true. She was actively climbing through where a window pane in the door had been broken. This is right before she was shot.

The cop stopped the mob from coming through that last line. Her death was tragic, but likely stopped more deaths from happening. Members of congress were actively moving around in the hallways beyond that door.

dbDTfES.jpg

I don’t think she even saw the cop before he shot her. He was hiding behind a pillar or partial wall. All of a sudden a gun appears on the video and she takes a fatal shot. You don’t actually see the shooter in the video.

The chickens have come home to roost.

I don’t think she even saw the cop before he shot her. He was hiding behind a pillar or partial wall. All of a sudden a gun appears on the video and she takes a fatal shot. You don’t actually see the shooter in the video.
Actually if you watch the video, the gun comes out and the rioters start yelling … ’theres a gun’ … most of them pull back, but she went through the open window part of the door as shown above.

Was the woman armed? Was she pointing a gun or any weapon at that policeman?

If someone breaks into my home, they could well be in for a rude awakening. The Capitol building is not a family home. It's more like a federal business building.
the opposite of awakening, I would bet.

Mr. Potato Head seems to be repeating the fictional narrative that the protestors had firearms.

Actually if you watch the video, the gun comes out and the rioters start yelling … ’theres a gun’ … most of them pull back, but she went through the open window part of the door as shown above.
I did watch the video (not long after this happened) but the versions I’ve seen didn’t have audio. There well could be newer versions with audio.

Remotely? Your vacuous reply to my prior post that the officer was incompetent implied you thought his incompetence was not a factor.

Why was that particular incompetent officer the only one to shoot someone on Jan 6? Why not the other officers facing the same conditions?
My apologies for not directly replying to your accusation. But you're basing your incompetence argument on one action of an officer woth28 years experience. He made what appears to be a serious mistake by leaving his weapon in a bathroom, he was disciplined but kept his job.......but therefore he is incompetent and therefore the shooting was not justified.

Hell, he could be incompetent or a bad officer. His superiors didn't see it that way........but even if he was it doesn't mean the shooting wasn't justified.......considering the actions of Babbitt and the investigation that cleared Byrd. It's just another attempt to draw clear conclusions based on opinions and theories.

Now you can address the hypocrisy of Babbitt not heeding the instructions of the police when that's all Floyd had to do to keep from being killed.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
I completely agree with your point on being held responsible - I don't care what "team" you are on - if you broke the law you should be held responsible and punished appropriately. Refreshing to hear others say that as well.

That said, I don't necessarily agree with your classifications of the BLM events. One could easily say that BLM was there to burn buildings and create havoc. At the very least the 80+ days of Portland riots were instances where everybody knew what the purpose of the demonstration was - to march on and set fire to the federal courthouse in defiance of the federal government (e.g., specifically Trump and his use of federal agents to enforce order during the earlier BLM riots). That seems to fit your definition of insurrection pretty well. Kenosha and Minneapolis, too, almost immediately broke down into violence and destruction because BLM disagreed with and was trying to influence Police (e.g., state) behavior. The autonomous zones are basically self-explanatory – their primary purpose was to be autonomous from and undermine state authority.

I agree that the underlying BLM events were rooted in challenges to the perceived injustice against people of color, but I ask a supporter of Jan 6 the same question and they say January 6 was rooted in a perceived injustice as to how the election was organized. Bad acts are almost universally cloaked with good intentions so I'm not sure that can really be relied upon here to excuse or distinguish what was otherwise reprehensible actions by both sides.
If you keep bringing logic and common sense to this conversation you’re going to make some libturd heads explode.

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG
This is not true. She was actively climbing through where a window pane in the door had been broken. This is right before she was shot.

The cop stopped the mob from coming through that last line. Her death was tragic, but likely stopped more deaths from happening. Members of congress were actively moving around in the hallways beyond that door.

dbDTfES.jpg
I guess the concept of a warning shot to bring the crowd back to their senses, must have never occurred to him. That guy should not be allowed to carry a gun. Taking a life is a last resort action in a situation like this. It appeared that it was his first option. As is always the case with this Administration, there is NO accountability here either.

Start at about 27:30 of this video and watch the next 2 minutes. It’s pretty clear what happens.

Yeah, he shot her in cold blood. That’s what happened.

I’ve said before that the riot was ill-conceived and inappropriate and Trump’s pre-riot speech certainly didn’t help. It just emboldened the mob. He acted like he was going to lead the mob to the Capitol and then “exited stage right”, slipping away quietly while the mob continued on.

I guess the concept of a warning shot to bring the crowd back to their senses, must have never occurred to him. That guy should not be allowed to carry a gun. Taking a life is a last resort action in a situation like this. It appeared that it was his first option. As is always the case with this Administration, there is NO accountability here either.
How exactly do you fire a warning shot inside with a mob of people? I’m sorry, you are way out to lunch on this one.

And just for the record, this happened while Trump was still in office and his administration.

Yeah, he shot her in cold blood. That’s what happened.

I’ve said before that the riot was ill-conceived and inappropriate and Trump’s pre-riot speech certainly didn’t help. It just emboldened the mob. He acted like he was going to lead the mob to the Capitol and then “exited stage right”, slipping away quietly while the mob continued on.
She’s coming through the broken out window … is he just supposed to let her (and how ever many follow her) come in? It’s literally the last line before they could get to people.

My apologies for not directly replying to your accusation. But you're basing your incompetence argument on one action of an officer woth28 years experience. He made what appears to be a serious mistake by leaving his weapon in a bathroom, he was disciplined but kept his job.......but therefore he is incompetent and therefore the shooting was not justified.

Hell, he could be incompetent or a bad officer. His superiors didn't see it that way........but even if he was it doesn't mean the shooting wasn't justified.......considering the actions of Babbitt and the investigation that cleared Byrd. It's just another attempt to draw clear conclusions based on opinions and theories.

Now you can address the hypocrisy of Babbitt not heeding the instructions of the police when that's all Floyd had to do to keep from being killed.
Do you honestly think the Biden administration or someone like Pelosi would ever allow that cop to be charged for shooting her? Hell no. Of course he was cleared, because if he wasn’t it would have made the actions/inactions of Pelosi and other Ds that day look bad. Pelosi could have used the National Guard that day. She chose not to. The Capitol Police could have had more reinforcements. They chose not to do it.

The riot was stupid but this woman didn’t deserve to die for that.

How exactly do you fire a warning shot inside with a mob of people? I’m sorry, you are way out to lunch on this one.

And just for the record, this happened while Trump was still in office and his administration.
Just for the record, even the NYT has recently acknowledged that the FBI was involved with informants. Think the FBI was working for Trump on that day?

Reactions: BoilerMadness
So a Black cop shoots an unarmed white woman and somehow that makes you feel good? That doesn't say much for you...
I'm not talking about the black cop shooting an unarmed white woman. When I say the chickens have com home to roost, I'm just saying an unarmed white woman was killed and now all of you feel that she was unjustly killed. I don't see the same empathy when an unarmed black person is killed by the cop. Immediately y'all blame the person that was shot. Just like the unarmed blacks that were killed by police, this chick, and the folks she was with were breaking the law.

Just for the record, even the NYT has recently acknowledged that the FBI was involved with informants. Think the FBI was working for Trump on that day?
Well, technically yes, they were working under his administration and appointed leaders.

I’m sure some of the people involved in the riots have been informants prior to this. I’m all for further investigating who knew what and when.

Reactions: Riveting
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT