ADVERTISEMENT

New commit

Never said “a guard wouldn’t want to play in this offense”. You’ve just resorted to making things up now that I didn’t say. Also, are you saying loyer is better than carsen? Because I’m a little confused as to the point you’re trying to make with that last sentence.
Your quote: “If I was recruiting against painter for a coveted/talented guard, all I would tell the kid to do was go and watch a Purdue game and see if that’s the type of offense he wants to play in.” So yea, you’re saying that the offense would be a turnoff to guards. Keep deflecting though. The last point was just something interesting I saw when looking at stats to debunk your incoherent points. It is interesting though that you specifically said you’d take inefficient chuckers over Loyer, when so far Loyer has shown to be a better scorer at this point in his career (although I doubt his ppg improves like Carsen’s did).

I thought we had 1 more open spot even with Cox signing?
Yes, that’s what I was saying…but probably did a poor job at it. We have one more open after Cox, so if Harris does commit, we wouldn’t have an open spot for a grad transfer or someone in the transfer portal next year, unless someone else transfers out to open up the spot.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Yes, that’s what I was saying…but probably did a poor job at it. We have one more open after Cox, so if Harris does commit, we wouldn’t have an open spot for a grad transfer or someone in the transfer portal next year, unless someone else transfers out to open up the spot.
Also that makes a 5 man class and leaves only 1 spot for the following season. (Before any transfers/early leavers)

It also tells me that Edey has indicated to Painter that it is highly unlikely that he returns for his super senior year.

Reactions: pboiler18
S
Your quote: “If I was recruiting against painter for a coveted/talented guard, all I would tell the kid to do was go and watch a Purdue game and see if that’s the type of offense he wants to play in.” So yea, you’re saying that the offense would be a turnoff to guards. Keep deflecting though. The last point was just something interesting I saw when looking at stats to debunk your incoherent points. It is interesting though that you specifically said you’d take inefficient chuckers over Loyer, when so far Loyer has shown to be a better scorer at this point in his career (although I doubt his ppg improves like Carsen’s did).
Seems like you might have caught this troll in a lie? Watching him post , have the feeling I’ve seem this before, but under a slightl different name.

😎

Last edited:
Reactions: PUQBMan.
Better scorer? Lol why am I not surprised you actually believe that. While fletcher did average 0.7 more points than carsen during their freshman years, he also started every game and played 5.6 more minutes than him. Carsen also shot a better percentage from 2 and 3 pt. Might want to brush up on statistics and how they work. One of us is definitely spewing incoherent nonsense, and it’s not me. But if you want to keep down this road of fletcher being a better scorer than arguably the greatest pure scorer in Purdue history, I’m all for debating it.

Better scorer? Lol why am I not surprised you actually believe that. While fletcher did average 0.7 more points than carsen during their freshman years, he also started every game and played 5.6 more minutes than him. Carsen also shot a better percentage from 2 and 3 pt. Might want to brush up on statistics and how they work. One of us is definitely spewing incoherent nonsense, and it’s not me. But if you want to keep down this road of fletcher being a better scorer than arguably the greatest pure scorer in Purdue history, I’m all for debating it.
It was just an interesting stat that I saw. No one, myself included, thinks Loyer is actually a better player than Carsen. But you already know that, and it’s obvious what you’re trying to do. Trying to change the subject by focusing on a throwaway line instead of the main point, which is that your opinion of guards not wanting to play in this offense is an idiotic one.

Reactions: Schnelk
It was just an interesting stat that I saw. No one, myself included, thinks Loyer is actually a better player than Carsen. But you already know that, and it’s obvious what you’re trying to do. Trying to change the subject by focusing on a throwaway line instead of the main point, which is that your opinion of guards not wanting to play in this offense is an idiotic one.
Loyer was an "understrength" freshman last season. Hopefully a fraction of the player to be.

I never said guards didn’t want to play in this offense. It’s the perfect offense for an unathletic shooter that likes to stand around and take open 3 pointers, and dump it into the post. An athletic multi level scorer with nba aspirations on the other hand, would absolutely not have this as his first option. And judging by the fact that we’ve had exactly one top 50 guard commit to painter(almost 2 decades ago), I’d say that’s just more evidence I’m right.

I never said guards didn’t want to play in this offense. It’s the perfect offense for an unathletic shooter that likes to stand around and take open 3 pointers, and dump it into the post. An athletic multi level scorer with nba aspirations on the other hand, would absolutely not have this as his first option. And judging by the fact that we’ve had exactly one top 50 guard commit to painter(almost 2 decades ago), I’d say that’s just more evidence I’m right.

I guess, per your theory, Ivey must have been in misery here. As will Colvin I guess?

Reactions: PUQBMan.
I guess, per your theory, Ivey must have been in misery here. As will Colvin I guess?
Ivey wasn’t a top 50 recruit being chased by all the top schools. Colvin doesn’t really look like a guard to me, but we’ll see how he plays soon enough. And anyways, you guys keep using an exception in an attempt to prove the rule. Top guards barely ever even consider us, and almost never actually choose us.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
Ivey wasn’t a top 50 recruit being chased by all the top schools. Colvin doesn’t really look like a guard to me, but we’ll see how he plays soon enough. And anyways, you guys keep using an exception in an attempt to prove the rule. Top guards barely ever even consider us, and almost never actually choose us.

You are correct. Purdue does not get top 50 guards.

Guess you better pick another team to root for with the guards you want to watch. Plenty of teams out there. iu has alot of top talent, start there.

Me, I have enjoyed watching guys like Kramer and Cline over excell here. Guys like CE Ivey and Moore dominate and are fun to watch. But seeing Dakota & PJT win all those games with limited ability was fun too. And enjoyed the championships some of them produced. And I am going to enjoy, Smith, Loyer & Colvin this year. Boiler Up for another championship in 24!!

Last edited:
You are correct. Purdue does not get top 50 guards.

Guess you better pick another team to root for with the guards you want to watch. Plenty of teams out there. iu has alot of top talent, start there.

Me, I have enjoyed watching guys like Kramer and Cline over excell here. Guys like CE Ivey and Moore dominate and are fun to watch. But seeing Dakota & PJT win all those games with limited ability was fun too. And enjoyed the championships some of them produced. And I am going to enjoy, Smith, Loyer & Colvin this year. Boiler Up for another championship in 24!!
You’re welcome to go cheer for another team as well if you can’t handle opposing opinions that are critical of a coach. I’d start with ball state, they recruit the type of players you like. You also won’t have to read any comments critical of the coach either because no one gives a crap about their program in the first place.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
How many players does Purdue land at other positions that are "top 50 recruit being chased by all the top schools"? I'm fine with you being critical but asserting that we don't land top guards because of the offense as though it's a fact and not one of many factors is disingenuous.

How many players does Purdue land at other positions that are "top 50 recruit being chased by all the top schools"? I'm fine with you being critical but asserting that we don't land top guards because of the offense as though it's a fact and not one of many factors is disingenuous.
I would absolutely agree there are other factors as to why we struggle landing more highly rated guards. But I do think the offense is a pretty big part of it.

You’re welcome to go cheer for another team as well if you can’t handle opposing opinions that are critical of a coach. I’d start with ball state, they recruit the type of players you like. You also won’t have to read any comments critical of the coach either because no one gives a crap about their program in the first place.

I have been critical of the coach too in the past. I am just not a broken record.

I have been critical of the coach too in the past. I am just not a broken record.
Broken record? Kinda like our coach in the tournament huh? Let’s just hope this isn’t a fourth straight year of another double digit seed embarrassment. I will say I am looking forward to the regular season though.

Hard to know the level of competition (and I also realize it'sa highlight video), but CJ looks like he can get his own whenever he wants. I hope that's real!

Yes looks athletic, quick with enough shake & moves to get any mid level he wants. I see why CMP likes him. If that translates, wonder what the 4-5* no it alls will complain about here?

I don’t see highlight reel dunks, but he looks like he has some quickness to go with his physicality.

Dunks? (Maybe you meant that as a measure of explosiveness)

He gets up very high on his mid range jumper with a decent release point. That works for me. I don't see how that doesn't translate? But who knows? Apparently, CMP thinks that will. Might have to wait for minutes, but think he will be positive as an upper class dude.

Dunks? (Maybe you meant that as a measure of explosiveness)

He gets up very high on his mid range jumper with a decent release point. That works for me. I don't see how that doesn't translate? But who knows? Apparently, CMP thinks that will. Might have to wait for minutes, but think he will be positive as an upper class dude.
Agree, he looks solid. Any guard coming in is likely going to have to wait for 20+ mpg with Fletch and Braden having two years left but I suspect he's going to have the opportunity to play some backup minutes right away if he's ready.

Agree, he looks solid. Any guard coming in is likely going to have to wait for 20+ mpg with Fletch and Braden having two years left but I suspect he's going to have the opportunity to play some backup minutes right away if he's ready.
If Harris also commits, they might be competing with each-other for the minutes behind Smith as freshmen.

I don’t see highlight reel dunks, but he looks like he has some quickness to go with his physicality.
Yeah, he is quick, but doesn't have a lot of vertical. That said, his game is the way all basketball players used to play before they forgot the mid range game and became two dimensional instead of three. He is like a lot of players that went to smaller D1 schools and when those teams are loaded with seniors they knock off some "younger" bigger programs.

Length always helps!
thats-what-she-said.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT