ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska prediction thread

MichaelRR

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 17, 2022
I cannot find Jaz Shelley's status anywhere, so I will go with a conservative NE by 8 in their house.

Final 68-54 so 14 point loss. You were optimistic 😊 and I wish you’d have been right. Team seems kinda lost …. Really deflating after 2 years of reasonable forward progress.
You ALMOST ALWAYS get a bounce for 2-3 years from any coaching change, just a new attitude, a new optimism, and it is reflected in wins. That is why you should never get too excited for a new coach until year 5, and if the new coach was left with an empty cupboard like at Wisconsin not too disappointed before year 5 either. Mosley is making progress at UWisc, but its tough sledding going against decades of poor to mediocre results and many other teams use Wisconsin as one of their prime recruiting grounds now. Ralph as Vandy seems to really have things going well after the absolute shambles White left that program in, but we will see in two years where she has the program. Krieger is in year 5 at PSU, and while her results are pretty good this year, she has a low ceiling as she has not developed her high school recruiting well and seems to be living (and eventually dying imo) off her ability to pull in lots of portal players.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
You ALMOST ALWAYS get a bounce for 2-3 years from any coaching change, just a new attitude, a new optimism, and it is reflected in wins. That is why you should never get too excited for a new coach until year 5, and if the new coach was left with an empty cupboard like at Wisconsin not too disappointed before year 5 either. Mosley is making progress at UWisc, but its tough sledding going against decades of poor to mediocre results and many other teams use Wisconsin as one of their prime recruiting grounds now. Ralph as Vandy seems to really have things going well after the absolute shambles White left that program in, but we will see in two years where she has the program. Krieger is in year 5 at PSU, and while her results are pretty good this year, she has a low ceiling as she has not developed her high school recruiting well and seems to be living (and eventually dying imo) off her ability to pull in lots of portal players.
To be fair. I would argue CKG was left with an empty cupboard and at least 7-8 years of mediocre results as well. Outside of Petree and the frosh this year dont know if there was a player on the roster the first two years who would have started at a top half big ten school.

But very true year 5 is the gauge.

To be fair. I would argue CKG was left with an empty cupboard and at least 7-8 years of mediocre results as well. Outside of Petree and the frosh this year dont know if there was a player on the roster the first two years who would have started at a top half big ten school.

Petree was a one year pickup just for last season only, and I very much doubt she would have started for an upper half team other than us because she was not a team player. She got most of her points going one on one out of the flow of the offense and only came to Purdue because Rutgers would not let her do that individual play. She still had WNBA aspirations and was playing almost exclusively for ME not WE. Kyle would have started at all but 3 top half schools. Madison without playing a month on a screwed up ankel would start for all but 4 or 5 Big Ten teams. With the mass defections just before Versyp was fired and the losses KG took her first two years, its impossible to tell how good we might have been. Kyle is a pretty good center, just rather difficult to motivate. Learn is a great PF off the bench as an impact 6th man. Madison pre-injury was on track to be all Big Ten team, at least 2nd squad. Then there were all the guards that went off to start for other teams between KG's hiring and Versyp's firing. Woltman was a strong defensive presence in the post. But if it weren't for Ellis, Terry, and Caitlyn, its unlikely we would have had a single wining season. They have carried this team the last 2-3 years and I don't think we are in position yet to replace their impact, especially in rebounding.

Agree. 100%.

Reactions: Gesysp
Petree was a one year pickup just for last season only, and I very much doubt she would have started for an upper half team other than us because she was not a team player. She got most of her points going one on one out of the flow of the offense and only came to Purdue because Rutgers would not let her do that individual play. She still had WNBA aspirations and was playing almost exclusively for ME not WE. Kyle would have started at all but 3 top half schools. Madison without playing a month on a screwed up ankel would start for all but 4 or 5 Big Ten teams. With the mass defections just before Versyp was fired and the losses KG took her first two years, its impossible to tell how good we might have been. Kyle is a pretty good center, just rather difficult to motivate. Learn is a great PF off the bench as an impact 6th man. Madison pre-injury was on track to be all Big Ten team, at least 2nd squad. Then there were all the guards that went off to start for other teams between KG's hiring and Versyp's firing. Woltman was a strong defensive presence in the post. But if it weren't for Ellis, Terry, and Caitlyn, its unlikely we would have had a single wining season. They have carried this team the last 2-3 years and I don't think we are in position yet to replace their impact, especially in rebounding.
Terry yesterday had a 2-2-2 statline, not sure about turnovers, every player leaving is replaceable, geez, so tired about hearing how they’re not. Here’s a little secret, they’re not real good! This isn’t a shot at them as people, I’m sure they’re nice women, as players for 5th and 6th year girls they’re not getting it done, it would be nice to not sugarcoat it.

Terry yesterday had a 2-2-2 statline, not sure about turnovers, every player leaving is replaceable, geez, so tired about hearing how they’re not. Here’s a little secret, they’re not real good! This isn’t a shot at them as people, I’m sure they’re nice women, as players for 5th and 6th year girls they’re not getting it done, it would be nice to not sugarcoat it.
Oh, certainly anyone is replaceable, but right now we do not have their replacements ready to step in NEXT YEAR. You've seen how Jones is so erratic as a freshman. Imagine half your starters playing that way...... In a couple of years if all the youngsters stay and get lots of minutes next year, we should start trending up, but I truly believe next year we will be missing Terry and Ellis. They aren't great, but they are the best players on our team and without them I don't think KG has a single winning season on her Purdue resume.

Oh, certainly anyone is replaceable, but right now we do not have their replacements ready to step in NEXT YEAR. You've seen how Jones is so erratic as a freshman. Imagine half your starters playing that way...... In a couple of years if all the youngsters stay and get lots of minutes next year, we should start trending up, but I truly believe next year we will be missing Terry and Ellis. They aren't great, but they are the best players on our team and without them I don't think KG has a single winning season on her Purdue resume.
Purdue needs to get them, if not they’ll be the worst team in the Big Ten Michael. Pretty confident they’ll pick up a few portal girls every bit as good as Terry, Ellis, Harper, if not they probably need a different Coach. I know it seems like I go after Terry, I do because I expect more of a 5th year 3 year starting PG, same could be said of the other old heads.

Purdue needs to get them, if not they’ll be the worst team in the Big Ten Michael. Pretty confident they’ll pick up a few portal girls every bit as good as Terry, Ellis, Harper, if not they probably need a different Coach. I know it seems like I go after Terry, I do because I expect more of a 5th year 3 year starting PG, same could be said of the other old heads.
Agree. High expectations is what’s missing from most. Hit the portal. Get kids who want to compete. Purdue has become the place that takes anyone. They’ve always offered a ton of kids in each class. For comparison, Moren at IU doesn’t over offer. She’s selective. That shapes their culture. Sadly the marketing ploy of “3 sets of sisters” hasn’t revealed anything about what it means to be a family. Conversely it’s shown that CKG struggles a bit to create this through relationships with players, so decided to plug in relatives to show it. Horrible marketing ploy. If she understood recruiting from outside those three families, think about what recruits want to play with 3 sets of sisters? Not many because even kids can see the writing on the wall. It’s done nothing to grow the idea of family, but has screamed lazy recruiting. And those spots won’t be filled with higher caliber players because we have 2/3 that should be mid major players. But you think they’ll leave now? Heck no. I’ll take recruits who may not have the perfect stat line but who will compete and have an inner drive to work. Mechanics of basketball can always be taught. Skills can be improved. CKG however can’t do that now because she’s coaching attitude and effort. And that’s never something a college coach should have to teach. That’s indicative of something that wasn’t taught at home. .

• Haha
Reactions: Russ Ford
You expect more because your only reference is the men's game. Terry is top 25 in the nation in assists per game, and scores more on average than a handful of those above her. No other starter for Purdue is likely top 10 in the Big Ten at their position, but you go after the best player we have because you don't understand how good she is because you only see the men and Caitlyn Clark and have convinced yourself that EVERYONE should be that good to be at Purdue.. Next years point guard will score more. They'll likely have less assists and probably a third of the rebounding if we are lucky. We won't be the worst, thanks to Rutgers, but we are already tied for next to last this year. The talent across the board needs to be better, the scheme needs to be better, the coaching needs to be a lot better because this year's team is LESS than the sum of its parts. They should be middle of the BT, but they aren't playing to the level they had last year, and ultimately that's a failure of coaching.

And none of the dozen or so point guards in the nation that are better than Terry and retuning next year are transferring to Purdue. Best we can hope for is take a flyer on a girl gym Podunk St and hope she can play at this level as well as Ellis.

There have been 4 triple doubles ever in Purdue women's basketball history, 3 belong to Janae Terry. I wish she could shoot the ball like Joseph, Jacoby, or Figgs.... but if she could it is unlikely she would have come to Purdue instead of IU or another team that would have taken her deep into the NCAAs

Agree. High expectations is what’s missing from most. Hit the portal. Get kids who want to compete. Purdue has become the place that takes anyone. They’ve always offered a ton of kids in each class. For comparison, Moren at IU doesn’t over offer. She’s selective. That shapes their culture. Sadly the marketing ploy of “3 sets of sisters” hasn’t revealed anything about what it means to be a family. Conversely it’s shown that CKG struggles a bit to create this through relationships with players, so decided to plug in relatives to show it. Horrible marketing ploy. If she understood recruiting from outside those three families, think about what recruits want to play with 3 sets of sisters? Not many because even kids can see the writing on the wall. It’s done nothing to grow the idea of family, but has screamed lazy recruiting. And those spots won’t be filled with higher caliber players because we have 2/3 that should be mid major players. But you think they’ll leave now? Heck no. I’ll take recruits who may not have the perfect stat line but who will compete and have an inner drive to work. Mechanics of basketball can always be taught. Skills can be improved. CKG however can’t do that now because she’s coaching attitude and effort. And that’s never something a college coach should have to teach. That’s indicative of something that wasn’t taught at home. .
It's funny you mention Moren as an ideal. Next year they will drop like a stone in the standings because Terri's recruiting has not restocked the talent on her roster. With Parrish out she doesn't even have a fifth starter that can score. In two years short of bringing in four stud transfers IU will be hugging the bottom of the Big Ten. They got lucky with Holmes developing into an All American and that helped them pick up a few key transfers that elevated the program, but her recruiting is crap and that chicken is coming home to roost in Bloomington very soon.

Look, I get your frustrations with Terry. She is not ideal at point guard for a top 25 team. My point is she is not the biggest reason we are NOT a top 25 team. She is not natively a point guard in the first place, but a Small Forward, but she sacrifices for the team because she's the best KG could scrape up for 3 years. Several think you can just go to the corner store and pick up someone better than her from the portal like there are hundreds of choices. But there aren't. Nationally out of 300+ D1 programs, she ranks in the top 25 in assist per game, she outscores a handful of those ranked ahead of her in assists per game, and only TWO other players in the nation beat her in assists, points, and rebounds. Poole SHOULD be better, by her sophomore or junior year. Point is one of the hardest if not the hardest to step into straight from high school. There is a reason Hannah Hidalgo gets all the ink she does, what she is doing at ND as a freshman is virtually unprecedented. It should be no surprise she was a top 5 recruit and MVP of the MCD's game last year. The women's game is not nearly as developed as the men's game. On the men's side, the top 25 recruits go to any of 100-150 schools, depending on the fit. Additionally there is little difference between #25 and #125 in the men's game. In the women's game, the top 25 recruits only to go the top 20 programs most years. There is a big drop off from #10 to #25, and again from #25 to #50. After #100 its really a crap shoot if the recruit will develop or not. Women's players are not as developed in the prep schools as the men's players are. They need a lot more coaching up and talent developed. If a women's coach cannot develop talent, they will never reach the heights short of dumb luck (Gail Goestenkoers comes to mind) That is how you get a Ruth Riley or MacKenzie Holmes in the women's game. And yes, you still occasionally get a Zach Edey in the men's game, but they are far more rare and wonderful because of it. Katie is doing great getting the number of ranked kids she has so far for where Purdue is in the national standings for wbball. We have not been a top 25 program for 12-15 years, and have recently had single digit win seasons. KG has no name recognition, no contacts in the coaching circles to reach out to but Curry and Versyp, and its really a huge credit to her work ethic and personality that she has recruiting going so well. But first those players have to get here, then they need to be developed further, and finally they have to be molded with the other pieces into a cohessive unit. Its going to take some time, and the more portal kids we get, the longer the process is pushed back. (Look at IU and PSU recruiting of high school kids being very poor because they are addicted to the portal) Those three things along with game time coaching are the 4 legs of the great coaching table. Right now I give KG an A in recruiting so far given where she and the program are coming from, and an incomplete on the other three as there is little evidence to support her ability in those areas YET.

I am not saying Purdue cannot or will not ever have a better point guard than Terry, but it likely will be a couple of years, and I doubt we will EVER see another triple double women's player of her ability in a Purdue uniform in our lifetime. And many of you are missing out on appreciating her for what she is because you only see what you want to see and focus on her faults.

Last edited:
It's funny you mention Moren as an ideal. Next year they will drop like a stone in the standings because Terri's recruiting has not restocked the talent on her roster. With Parrish out she doesn't even have a fifth starter that can score. In two years short of bringing in four stud transfers IU will be hugging the bottom of the Big Ten. They got lucky with Holmes developing into an All American and that helped them pick up a few key transfers that elevated the program, but her recruiting is crap and that chicken is coming home to roost in Bloomington very soon.
Moren is a great coach. She was smart to go after Parrish as her personality helps to recruit kids that fit her system. Parrish isn’t an All American, but she works hard, appears to be a great teammate and elevates others. She represents IU well. In the best state for basketball, she was given the nod for Miss BB, so that does carry importance too. She’s also a fan favorite and helps to sustain a winning culture. Moore-McNeil, Garzon, Parrish are a trio that returns and is solid. Doubt they drop like a stone.😊 I know you won’t pass up a chance to bash IU, but do remember, Moren’s greatness began when she played for Purdue. Brilliant basketball mind.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
Exactly, Purdue has the means to win, fan base will be there, that’s been proven. I’m sorry, I don’t buy the Purdue will be worse next year because they’re losing Terry, Harper, Ellis, I look at it as a good thing, maybe now they can move on and get actual High D-1 athletes and players. Kelly Komara has to have connections, let’s get a few high ranked Portal players that want to make a difference.

Reactions: Larry77
Exactly, Purdue has the means to win, fan base will be there, that’s been proven. I’m sorry, I don’t buy the Purdue will be worse next year because they’re losing Terry, Harper, Ellis, I look at it as a good thing, maybe now they can move on and get actual High D-1 athletes and players. Kelly Komara has to have connections, let’s get a few high ranked Portal players that want to make a difference.
Couldn’t agree more. Plus Madison won’t be coming back either so you benefit from her exit because teammates have watched her mediocrity and inability to compete be reinforced with playing time by CKG. That kills expectations and morale. Players watch and say “she doesn’t have to compete and gets to play, so why can’t I?” We need players fighting for positions. That’s absent now. Regarding Komara: I actually believe she will be the next coach at Purdue. I think CKG is a great person, but watching her struggle to talk X’s & O’s in pressers and seeing the lack of accountability for some players makes me believe she needs more time to acclimate at this level, than what we can give her. She has passion for Purdue but it takes way more than that to win. I like her spirit I just wonder if she can get us turned around. I hope so!

My main argument against the "recruiting sisters is lazy recruiting" rationale is that it actually was decent recruiting. Obviously it hasnt benefitted this years roster on the court but the team has not turned toxic like the final few years of CSV. Maybe the sisters have stemmed that.

Younger Layden committed to play with CSV was still the head coach and Layden Sr. still showed a ton of potential. CKG obviously made the decision to keep her but I dont think anyone saw Madison dropping off this hard before CKG took over. Mckenna though has shown some promise in recent games that gives me hope she can be a good role player in the future.

Harper Sr. said in one of the interview videos this year she came back to play with her sister. I know Caitlin isnt giving massive numbers but she has been a steady performer who has been the most consistent of the upper classmen to me. Every team needs that end of the bench player like Alaina. Maybe she turns into something in the future.

As for Mila it got Amiyah and the younger Reynolds. Those two alone look worthy of any baggage of another sister.

I agree what yall have said above. You cant miss in the portal if you want to go back to the NCAAT next year.

My main argument against the "recruiting sisters is lazy recruiting" rationale is that it actually was decent recruiting. Obviously it hasnt benefitted this years roster on the court but the team has not turned toxic like the final few years of CSV. Maybe the sisters have stemmed that.

Younger Layden committed to play with CSV was still the head coach and Layden Sr. still showed a ton of potential. CKG obviously made the decision to keep her but I dont think anyone saw Madison dropping off this hard before CKG took over. Mckenna though has shown some promise in recent games that gives me hope she can be a good role player in the future.

Harper Sr. said in one of the interview videos this year she came back to play with her sister. I know Caitlin isnt giving massive numbers but she has been a steady performer who has been the most consistent of the upper classmen to me. Every team needs that end of the bench player like Alaina. Maybe she turns into something in the future.

As for Mila it got Amiyah and the younger Reynolds. Those two alone look worthy of any baggage of another sister.

I agree what yall have said above. You cant miss in the portal if you want to go back to the NCAAT next year.
Excellent post, I agree with bench players, no problem with both if they want to stay. The narrative that Purdue can’t get better has to change, like I said, not buying into the team will be worse because they’re losing mediocre 5/6th year players, overrecruit them. I’m sorry, if the men’s PG had a 2/2/2 statline we’d be up in arms, on here I’m reading how that will be hard to replace, come on, time to get better players!

Excellent post, I agree with bench players, no problem with both if they want to stay. The narrative that Purdue can’t get better has to change, like I said, not buying into the team will be worse because they’re losing mediocre 5/6th year players, overrecruit them. I’m sorry, if the men’s PG had a 2/2/2 statline we’d be up in arms, on here I’m reading how that will be hard to replace, come on, time to get better players!
Funny how you are silent when Terry has a good game. What was Loyer's stat line against Rutgers? If not for all the fouls called his stat line would have been much worse than Terry's you are whining so hard about. Why wasn't he run out of town by your rationale?? If KG could have gotten better players, she would have, obviously. DUH!!! What she did get is a lot of good players with the potential to be great, but they are going to take their lumps next year while they learn.

Reactions: BoilerRingside
Funny how you are silent when Terry has a good game. What was Loyer's stat line against Rutgers? If not for all the fouls called his stat line would have been much worse than Terry's you are whining so hard about. Why wasn't he run out of town by your rationale?? If KG could have gotten better players, she would have, obviously. DUH!!! What she did get is a lot of good players with the potential to be great, but they are going to take their lumps next year while they learn.
Terry has had only a few good games this year, all the Sr’s have had disappointing seasons, Purdue is 2-8 in the Big Ten, not going anywhere, it’s now time to cut minutes and start playing some of next years returnees more minutes. Not saying bench the Sr’s, however, no reason to be playing them 35 minutes anymore. Like I said, Braden Smith have a 2/2/2 statline the men’s fans would be going nuts, I do realize players have off nights, her and the other experienced players have had way to many this year. Not just offensively, their defensive effort many nights has been terrible, not just Terry, all of them. As for Loyer, he’s had a few off games, still averaging around 12 points a game in 25 minutes, when off he gets taken out, Terry plays 35 minutes a night most games. Also, look it up, when Terry had her 14/8/8 game I gave her props, that was a helluve stat line, been few and far between this year, been like that for all of them.

Last edited:
Terry has had only a few good games this year, all the Sr’s have had disappointing seasons, Purdue is 2-8 in the Big Ten, not going anywhere, it’s now time to cut minutes and start playing some of next years returnees more minutes. Not saying bench the Sr’s, however, no reason to be playing them 35 minutes anymore. Like I said, Braden Smith have a 2/2/2 statline the men’s fans would be going nuts, I do realize players have off nights, her and the other experienced players have had way to many this year. Not just offensively, their defensive effort many nights has been terrible, not just Terry, all of them. As for Loyer, he’s had a few off games, still averaging around 12 points a game in 25 minutes, when off he gets taken out, Terry plays 35 minutes a night most games. Also, look it up, when Terry had her 14/8/8 game I gave her props, that was a helluve stat line, been few and far between this year, been like that for all of them.
Terry only played 12 minutes against Nebraska, so once again you are beating a broken drum. I do not understand at all why you have to continually attack the best player on the team, the only one that is ranked in the top 25 at her position and the only one last year to earn any All Big Ten honors. And you do it continually and virtually without any thought or understanding of the women's game differences from the men's. You say the men's fans would not tolerate Terry's play, but they seem to tolerate Loyer's just fine. That strikes me as you are just making shit up to grind an axe that you don't need to be swinging. No Terry is not a great player, we are a losing team, we have no great players. We are a LONG way from being a team that makes the NCAA every year, and a couple of portal girls is not going to change that next year short of landing Angel Reese and Caitlyn Clark. But Terry is the best player on this team and whether you believe it or not she will be sorely missed next year, because we have NO ONE that rebounds as well as she does, by a very large margin. Go back to watching the men's game since you clearly do not understand the women's game and feel this unholy compulsion to crap on the best player on the team endlessly and without thought or reason.

The getting Alaina to keep Caitlyn for one more year makes that recruitment make so much more sense. I am not sure its worthwhile in the long run, but I saw NO good reason to take a flyer on Alaina before hearing that.

McKenna was supposedly the better of the two sisters, but her offense is just AWOL for the most of this year. Her defense is exceptional, even when she is matched up against a post player. If she can slow the game down in the off season and start hitting her outside shot like she did in High School she could be a big surprise next year.... or she might never get it like Smith. With a 15 player roster she is definitely a player worth taking a chance on IMO.

Mila was certainly the gateway to get Mira and Amiyah both of whom are ranked in the top 60 or so in their class year. That's over 1/3 of the ranked kids Katie has recruited in the Reynolds sisters.

So this is another broken drum that one of our "fans" is trying to beat with really nothing to back it up but personal animus.

Reactions: BoilerRingside
Terry only played 12 minutes against Nebraska, so once again you are beating a broken drum. I do not understand at all why you have to continually attack the best player on the team, the only one that is ranked in the top 25 at her position and the only one last year to earn any All Big Ten honors. And you do it continually and virtually without any thought or understanding of the women's game differences from the men's. You say the men's fans would not tolerate Terry's play, but they seem to tolerate Loyer's just fine. That strikes me as you are just making shit up to grind an axe that you don't need to be swinging. No Terry is not a great player, we are a losing team, we have no great players. We are a LONG way from being a team that makes the NCAA every year, and a couple of portal girls is not going to change that next year short of landing Angel Reese and Caitlyn Clark. But Terry is the best player on this team and whether you believe it or not she will be sorely missed next year, because we have NO ONE that rebounds as well as she does, by a very large margin. Go back to watching the men's game since you clearly do not understand the women's game and feel this unholy compulsion to crap on the best player on the team endlessly and without thought or reason.
Not attacking, I’ve said all of the Sr’s have been disappointments, my main beef is you constantly point out how Purdue will be worse when she leaves, my question is why? Are you that out of touch with the game that you don’t think someone better can be brought in? PG in the girls game is ultra important, Purdue in my opinion has to improve here, there’s a reason when Terry hit the portal she ended up coming back, not a PG that’s going to lead to a winning season. She’s a useful player, one that in my opinion needs to be a 15 minute bench player. You really need to start watching men’s college basketball, you’re so out of touch these days with the portal, recruiting everything. I swear, sometimes I think you long for 1960’s hoops, here’s a hint, that’s not coming back.

Reactions: MichaelRR
Compulsion is funny considering you’re the biggest know it all on this board, in my opinion your knowledge is ridiculously bad, your takes are awful. Now your commenting about Loyer, thought you don’t watch the men? If you don’t how can you comment about him based on 1 Rutgers game? Unlike you I watch the women, in my opinion the PG is a main reason the team is poor, playing shorthanded on offense isn’t the way to go these days, your point has to be able to score and keep defenses honest, Purdue’s can’t.

• Haha
Not attacking, I’ve said all of the Sr’s have been disappointments, my main beef is you constantly point out how Purdue will be worse when she leaves, my question is why? Are you that out of touch with the game that you don’t think someone better can be brought in? PG in the girls game is ultra important, Purdue in my opinion has to improve here, there’s a reason when Terry hit the portal she ended up coming back, not a PG that’s going to lead to a winning season. She’s a useful player, one that in my opinion needs to be a 15 minute bench player. You really need to start watching men’s college basketball, you’re so out of touch these days with the portal, recruiting everything. I swear, sometimes I think you long for 1960’s hoops, here’s a hint, that’s not coming back.
FIRST) Who is Purdue going to get and if KG could have gotten a better PG from the portal, why hasn't she in the last three years? The portal in the women's game is not the same as the men's, so if you are using the men as your guide for what you think CAN and SHOULD happen, you are talking Greek to someone that speaks Portugeese only.

SECOND) Several schools will be hitting the portal for needs, why do you think a complete unknown coach with a losing season gets her calls returned ahead of IU's Moren, PSU's Krieger, or UMd Frese? MSU needs also needs a lot of help in the post. Coaches only have a few days to catch the attention of portal transfers, and 90% of the transfers in the women's game go to one of the schools that was recruiting them the first time around. There aren't any quality point guards that we got onto their finalist list in the last couple of years. Versyp utterly ruined the Purdue name and brand in women's basketball, and KG has a long road ahead of her to rebuild it. There is no player in women's college basketball that was in kindergarten yet the last time we won the BT regular season title. Emily Heikes was the last player to leave with a BT regular season title ring, earned her freshman year the year before Katie Gearlds joined the Biolermakers.

THIRD) as its HIGHLY unlikely we will attract a difference maker int he portal as we have nothing to offer to someone looking for other elite players that they can go deep in the NCAA's with and a well known coach, assume the players replacing the 5th years are the ones sitting behind them on the bench now looking like they are two or three steps behind them in production, defense, and ball handling.

FOURTH) IF we get some good transfers that are better than the returning players, expect to lose half this years freshman class. I'd rather take our lumps next year and start the march up the standings in two years if KG can develop talent. We will have talent, but freshmen generally take a lot of lumps their first year.

This discussion is not any attacks (at least I have not meant to attack anyone and have not felt attacked like the former troll used to do all the time), just some passionate discussions from a few Purdue fans that all of us want to see this program improve, we just have different views of how that can happen and what's best for the program in the long term.

Oh, the reason Terry came back was she would have had to sit out a year to play just one year rather than playing two years here. That was well known at the time.

And my time frame is the 80s, Keady vs Knight was the hint if anyone paid attention when I have mentioned that for the men.... ;)

Compulsion is funny considering you’re the biggest know it all on this board, in my opinion your knowledge is ridiculously bad, your takes are awful. Now your commenting about Loyer, thought you don’t watch the men? If you don’t how can you comment about him based on 1 Rutgers game? Unlike you I watch the women, in my opinion the PG is a main reason the team is poor, playing shorthanded on offense isn’t the way to go these days, your point has to be able to score and keep defenses honest, Purdue’s can’t.

Then why hasn't KG gone out and gotten a better choice for point and put Terry back where she wants to play at SF if the portal is so easy to get players out of? I admit Terry's scoring is a problem, but you absolutely miss everything else she does and that she last year was the only Purdue player to earn post season awards. Other than the all freshman team, she is the only player on the Purdue team that will get any consideration this year either. Terry is in the top 25 in the nation in women's NCAA among point guards, no one else on Purdue's team is probably top 10 at their position in the Big Ten.

Terry is #3 in assists per game in the Big Ten, no other Purdue player is in the top 25. Terry is #7 assist to TO ratio in the Big Ten, no other boiler listed. Terry is #13 in steals in the Big Ten, Abby Ellis is #17, no other boiler listed. Terry is #11 in rebounding in the Big Ten, no other boiler listed in the top 25. And you think all of that is going to be EASY to replace? Let me sell you some ocean front property in Arizona... ;) IF the seniors are going to be so easy to replace, why do the players behind them struggle so much to contribute this season?

Last edited:
Then why hasn't KG gone out and gotten a better choice for point and put Terry back where she wants to play at SF if the portal is so easy to get players out of? I admit Terry's scoring is a problem, but you absolutely miss everything else she does and that she last year was the only Purdue player to earn post season awards. Other than the all freshman team, she is the only player on the Purdue team that will get any consideration this year either. Terry is in the top 25 in the nation in women's NCAA among point guards, no one else on Purdue's team is probably top 10 at their position in the Big Ten.
That’s on Coach, I do agree on that, Terry would best be a 3, problem is her shooting, teams would still back off her, Ideally she’s a 6th/7th man, that’s where she would have value, not 35-40 minutes a night at PG. Also, maybe Mila doesn’t have it, time to find out, give her 15 minutes a game and see if anything is there.

I watched one men's game at the request of posters on here, so that is all I can comment on, but it proves that you are talking out your hat about how Terry's play would not be tolerated on the men's side when Loyer certainly had a terrible game against Rutgers, and to my understanding no buildings have been burned down or scholarships pulled.... ;)

That’s on Coach, I do agree on that, Terry would best be a 3, problem is her shooting, teams would still back off her, Ideally she’s a 6th/7th man, that’s where she would have value, not 35-40 minutes a night at PG. Also, maybe Mila doesn’t have it, time to find out, give her 15 minutes a game and see if anything is there.
Coach Gearlds said on her show that Mila had her best practices the past few weeks. She said her focus and effort were much improved. Then she said that's why she has been rewarding her with more minutes the past couple games. One thing for sure....she's not shy about shooting when she gets the chance. Lol. I hope they start falling for her.

Then when asked about Amiyah. All Coach Gearlds could do was smile.....she thinks Amiyah is going to be special.

Last edited:
Coach Gearlds said on her show that Mila had her best practices the past few weeks. She said her focus and effort were much improved. Then she said that's why she has been rewarding her with more minutes the past couple games. One thing for sure....she's not shy about shooting when she gets the chance. Lol. I hope they start falling for her.
Thanks Russ, stuff like this is stuff I like to read!
Then when asked about Amiyah. All Coach Gearlds could do was smile.....she thinks Amiyah is going to be special.

Sounds a lot like all the hype she was putting out about Smith this fall. I'll believe it when I see it on the court.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT