ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Colvin: Must get!

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
After watching video, this kid is Jaden Ivey 2.0. Same size/build, very similar game. His jumper even looks similar mechanically. With 2 more years of HS ball and growth, this kid is going to be a big time player and a must get for Painter.
I think Rosie loves Purdue and it a big Boiler fan (believe he told his volleyball playing daughter she could go anywhere she wanted as long as it was Purdue).
But, lock this kid up because every blue blood in the country will come calling soon (except iu, they're not a blue blood and Rosie wouldn't allow him to go there anyway).

After watching video, this kid is Jaden Ivey 2.0. Same size/build, very similar game. His jumper even looks similar mechanically. With 2 more years of HS ball and growth, this kid is going to be a big time player and a must get for Painter.
I think Rosie loves Purdue and it a big Boiler fan (believe he told his volleyball playing daughter she could go anywhere she wanted as long as it was Purdue).
But, lock this kid up because every blue blood in the country will come calling soon (except iu, they're not a blue blood and Rosie wouldn't allow him to go there anyway).
I don't remember from video of Jaden as a sophomore, how did his explosiveness compare at that age to what we're seeing from Jaden now? Comparing Myles to Jaden now, which isn't fair, I'd say that both are aggressive in getting to the hole, Myles has a better looking jumper while Jaden looks faster / more explosive.

I'm sure that Myles has the drive and resources to continue to improve his overall athleticism, which I'd deem as good but not elite at this point. Similarly, I would guess that Jaden made significant stride physically from the summer before his junior year to the time that he arrived at Purdue, two years later.

I don't remember from video of Jaden as a sophomore, how did his explosiveness compare at that age to what we're seeing from Jaden now? Comparing Myles to Jaden now, which isn't fair, I'd say that both are aggressive in getting to the hole, Myles has a better looking jumper while Jaden looks faster / more explosive.

I'm sure that Myles has the drive and resources to continue to improve his overall athleticism, which I'd deem as good but not elite at this point. Similarly, I would guess that Jaden made significant stride physically from the summer before his junior year to the time that he arrived at Purdue, two years later.
With a couple more years of work under the watchful eye of Rosie, I'm not worried about Myles explosiveness. He's got it, he comes from great stock and his body is still developing, getting stronger. He's going to be elite.

Yeah, I remember when she committed and that same quote, because it was an awesome quote. She committed really early (think she might've been a Freshman). So I have to think we should be in solid shape with his son. Could see him wanting to take other visits to get the full experience, but at the end of the day, I will be surprised if he goes somewhere else.

I don't know about the comparisons to Ivey, but he looks a hell of a lot better than I expected. Good shooting form, nice handles with either hand (albeit against some suspect defensive pressure), and the physical frame you would expect from Colvin's kid.

He could be a very good player

With a couple more years of work under the watchful eye of Rosie, I'm not worried about Myles explosiveness. He's got it, he comes from great stock and his body is still developing, getting stronger. He's going to be elite.
Glad to hear you’re not worried about it 😀 I’d feel better about the comparison to Jaden if I had film of Jaden at the same age, but agree that Myles is very likely to continue to develop physically.

Jaden is a high bar for comparison but it would be awesome if we landed Myles and he does turn out to be Jaden 2.0

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I didnt think he was quite as explosive as Ivey and he was playing against a very undersized team but you could still a lot of potential.

Reactions: ChuckJr
If I had to guess, he won't be as explosive or as quick as Ivey (few are, which is why he's a potential lottery pick), but he'll end up being stronger.

The Ivey comparison just isn't very helpful.
Did you watch the video? He’s got a very similar game. He’s 3-4 years younger than Ivey and has a pro athlete dad who’s going to help him maximize his potential.

I love what I see in this video. The Ivey comparisons don’t seem right to me, though. Great athlete and all, but he is already bigger than Ivey, and at 15 y/o, will probably grow some more. Maybe a 3/4, or a stretch 4. He looks like you would expect someone whose dad played de/lb in the nfl to look like. Reminds me a little of Admiral Schofield, only more athletic. Hope he commits.

Did you watch the video? He’s got a very similar game. He’s 3-4 years younger than Ivey and has a pro athlete dad who’s going to help him maximize his potential.
EYBL of Ivey heading into his senior year (I didn’t look very hard but didn’t find highlight from the previous year), so a year older than Myles. Just looks like, imho, a much different player to me. Skinnier and quicker. Myles looks more muscular and as mentioned more of an athletic three than an explosive two.

Doesn’t mean that Myles won’t be a great player and a great get as a recruit.

Link: 2019 Jaden EYBL

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I love what I see in this video. The Ivey comparisons don’t seem right to me, though. Great athlete and all, but he is already bigger than Ivey, and at 15 y/o, will probably grow some more. Maybe a 3/4, or a stretch 4. He looks like you would expect someone whose dad played de/lb in the nfl to look like. Reminds me a little of Admiral Schofield, only more athletic. Hope he commits.

If he grows to 6'7-6'8 an maintains those guard skills and explosiveness......look out.
Lock him up ASAP.

Can a person be racist against a person of their same race? Explain snowflake.
Ah now it's clear. You're the typical 'woke person' that hates white people. I always knew you were a joke, now it's all abundantly clear as to why.

I should of seen it sooner with your denial of facts, and refusing to admit you were wrong when it happens so often. With as much as you flip flop and change things you've quickly become the dr fauci of the forum.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
Only unathletic, not-highly-recruited white kids are saddled with the 'High BB IQ' moniker.
I do think the term gets thrown around too much, but Biggie was labeled non-stop as having a high basketball IQ during his recruiting. I'm sure there are other examples, but every time I read something about him his IQ came up. Sources.

• Wow
Reactions: Purdue85
EYBL of Ivey heading into his senior year (I didn’t look very hard but didn’t find highlight from the previous year), so a year older than Myles. Just looks like, imho, a much different player to me. Skinnier and quicker. Myles looks more muscular and as mentioned more of an athletic three than an explosive two.

Doesn’t mean that Myles won’t be a great player and a great get as a recruit.

Link: 2019 Jaden EYBL
Yep!

To the Colvin family: None of these jokes are directed at Myles. We are just having a little fun with our resident goofball by parroting his own words that he uses to describe Purdue recruits. You'll know who he is. He's the one who gets triggered when confronted with his own silliness.

To the Colvin family.
Please stay off Purdue Basketball anonymous internet message boards. Nothing good can come of it. (and definitely ignore anything Lil Andy says).

That being said, I think Myles is going to be a big time player and hope he chooses Purdue.

To the Colvin family.
Please stay off Purdue Basketball anonymous internet message boards. Nothing good can come of it. (and definitely ignore anything Lil Andy says).

That being said, I think Myles is going to be a big time player and hope he chooses Purdue.
Pretty sure they know. If people think college can be bad with what is said, imagine how bad be a pro would be.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
Pretty sure they know. If people think college can be bad with what is said, imagine how bad be a pro would be.
As I've always said, if your kid is impacted by what some knuckleheads say about him on an internet message board, your kid probably shouldn't be going to a big time program.

But then again, we are in the snowflake generation where people demand safe spaces and protection from thoughts and opinions different from their own.

Didn't read all the comments above, but just watched the video. I have to agree with Bonefish, Myles looks really good to me. One of the best recruiting videos I have ever seen actually. Hope it all works out. Would love to see him playing for us!

Didn't read all the comments above, but just watched the video. I have to agree with Bonefish, Myles looks really good to me. One of the best recruiting videos I have ever seen actually. Hope it all works out. Would love to see him playing for us!
I think everyone agrees. There have been previous threads about this kid, and he would be a great player for Purdue.

Reactions: Purdue0034
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT