ADVERTISEMENT

Miami joined the AAU. Would you want them in the BT Conference?

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
Miami just joined the AAU, which our conference requires. Maybe they just wanted to join it, but I would think there would be a reason for that, since the ACC is not on the most stable of footing right now as a conference.

As far as tv, Miami would be a huge new market to add to the BT Conference for the BTN, and Miami would bring good teams on both the football and basketball side.

Would you want Miami as a member of the BT Conference?

Miami just joined the AAU, which our conference requires. Maybe they just wanted to join it, but I would think there would be a reason for that, since the ACC is not on the most stable of footing right now as a conference.

As far as tv, Miami would be a huge new market to add to the BT Conference for the BTN, and Miami would bring good teams on both the football and basketball side.

It would make those mid November away games a lot more enticing.

No

Drunk
Wives
Matter

They are not very appealing IMO when it ultimately comes down to fan base and support of their teams. The programs are fine, the school is good…but the alumni base is very small (small, private school) and the fan base is temperamental, doesn’t attend games and mostly sidewalk alums.

It’s good for TV market expansion and that’s it. I’d rather have them than Nebraska, Maryland or Rutgers but can’t undo that now.

I’d rather have Florida State, but not sure if any of the ACC schools are realistic options at this point.

Reactions: pboiler18

You get invited by the AAU. Yes. B1G wants 4 corners of the US.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT