ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe we don't say it enough, but Trevion Williams is just a special kid

SLoopBoiler

Senior
Feb 11, 2002
Yes, Ivy is freaking amazing explosiveness and great character, goes without saying. In that regard he is the man. We will save that for a different thread.

But with the 1-2 punch of Williams and Edy, when he came in the game today, he changed the defense efficiency immediately.

More than that is the opportunity to just appreciate young men like that. Considering the implosion of college athletics around the NLI, transfer portals, and business of the game, Trevion is an amazing guy to just enjoy, worthy of the price of admission. His infectious personality and love for his teammates, appreciation of the fans who respect him immensely, his heart, his selflessness, his attitude, his energy, his entire Zen.

He doesn't get down, pout, feel sorry for himself. In a way, he is a throwback, last of a kind, the Marlboro Man. He is just an inspirational person, and I point out to my kids every time we watch him.

Purdue has had some greats with like Big Dog, and Mount in the pantheon of great, and there may be many others greater, but I can think of very few that you just appreciate and cheer even harder for; guys you want to see blessed with everything he deserves. We are fortunate to bear witness...

Last edited:
Yes, Ivy is freaking amazing explosiveness and great character, goes without saying. In that regard he is the man. We will save that for a different thread.

But with the 1-2 punch of Williams and Edy, when he came in the game today, he changed the defense efficiency immediately.

More than that is the opportunity to just appreciate young men like that. Considering the implosion of college athletics around the NLI, transfer portals, and business of the game, Trevion is an amazing guy to just enjoy, worthy of the price of admission. His infectious personality and love for his teammates, appreciation of the fans who respect him immensely, his heart, his selflessness, his attitude, his energy, his entire zen.
He doesn't get down, pout, feel sorry for himself. In a way, he is a throwback, last of a kind, the Marlboro Man.

Purdue has had some greats with like Big Dog, and Mount in the pantheon of great, and there may be many others greater, but I can think of very few that you just appreciate and cheer even harder for; guys you want to see blessed with everything he deserves. We are fortunate to bear witness...
I moved here in 1983, and my all time favorite player has been Everette Stephens. I have to admit Trevion is giving him a run for his money.

More than that is the opportunity to just appreciate young men like that. Considering the implosion of college athletics around the NLI, transfer portals, and business of the game, Trevion is an amazing guy to just enjoy, worthy of the price of admission. His infectious personality and love for his teammates, appreciation of the fans who respect him immensely, his heart, his selflessness, his attitude, his energy, his entire zen.
He doesn't get down, pout, feel sorry for himself. In a way, he is a throwback, last of a kind, the Marlboro Man.

This is so exquisitely well-phrased that CMP should read it on Senior Day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT