ADVERTISEMENT

Masks at March Madness

arcb102000

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
As I watch the games, I see that almost none of the fans in the arenas are wearing masks. I do see people at the scorer's table, the cheerleaders and the photographers wearing them. I assume that this is a NCAA rule, but I do not understand the logic given the relative numbers in the buildings. Can someone explain?

As I watch the games, I see that almost none of the fans in the arenas are wearing masks. I do see people at the scorer's table, the cheerleaders and the photographers wearing them. I assume that this is a NCAA rule, but I do not understand the logic given the relative numbers in the buildings. Can someone explain?

arc - if you're looking for logic, you are in for a long journey into the abyss, my friend.

From the NCAA:

"In an effort to protect Tier 1 individuals during tournament games, the NCAA’s chief medical officer, Dr. Brian Hainline, has indicated that all individuals immediately adjacent to the court, including the official scorer’s table, spirit squads, camera persons, courtside photographers, ball persons and media members seated on the first row of the media table, must be masked. In addition, all media must wear masks while teams are present in the media interview room. TV broadcasters, radio announcers, and public-address announcers are not required to wear a mask while performing but should be masked at all other times."

I'm speculating that the the NCAA position would be it can only control/mandate its event participants and media coverage for its event.

And now back to the event......

So stupid.
Apparently the same people who think the rona only jumps to people walking through a restaurant and not those seated also believe the rona only jumps from cheerleaders and media and not the 20,000 fans or players.
virtue signaling at its finest.

So stupid.
Apparently the same people who think the rona only jumps to people walking through a restaurant and not those seated also believe the rona only jumps from cheerleaders and media and not the 20,000 fans or players.
virtue signaling at its finest.
It’s not possible to use common sense. I went to an event the other night with my uncle and his friend here in Florida. They are 80 years old. And before we walked in to the dinner portion they said “now put your mascon we can’t take any chances“. We walked through the entrance of the restaurant and the tables were packed and we’re fairly close together.

The second we sat down, masks came off and the server came over to take drink orders. She starts asking everyone of us for a drink orders and of course they can’t hear very well so she hast to get in closer and her mask is muffling her mouth so my uncle says to takeoff her mask and they are getting pretty close to each other talking so they can hear. Everyone around us and now our server have no mask on. What is the point? But by now we all know unless we are just in denial

Reactions: Crayfish57
It’s not possible to use common sense. I went to an event the other night with my uncle and his friend here in Florida. They are 80 years old. And before we walked in to the dinner portion they said “now put your mascon we can’t take any chances“. We walked through the entrance of the restaurant and the tables were packed and we’re fairly close together.

The second we sat down, masks came off and the server came over to take drink orders. She starts asking everyone of us for a drink orders and of course they can’t hear very well so she hast to get in closer and her mask is muffling her mouth so my uncle says to takeoff her mask and they are getting pretty close to each other talking so they can hear. Everyone around us and now our server have no mask on. What is the point? But by now we all know unless we are just in denial

people wearing masks are just silly. If they’re that scared, they should either A) stay home or B) wear 3 masks (if 1 is good, isn’t 3 better?)

Masks don’t work. They represent the power our overloads have over us. Dumb as dumb can be.
Slow people think masks dont' help. They represent the trumpies and other elites that rule over the dumb people. Dumb as dumb can be.

Slow people think masks dont' help. They represent the trumpies and other elites that rule over the dumb people. Dumb as dumb can be.
And no better proof of dumb as dumb can be than you. Slow would run circles around your capabilities.

Here is a question that I would like you to explain so that I might be properly educated. The States of Florida and Texas were early in getting rid of the mask mandates. However, their death rates from Covid were not higher than many other states, and lower than that of NY and NJ which maintained these mandates. This is especially surprising as we know that Florida skews high in age of population and age is a substantial factor in the illness mortality. So how do you explain this apparent contradiction?

Reactions: bonefish1
Here is a question that I would like you to explain so that I might be properly educated. The States of Florida and Texas were early in getting rid of the mask mandates. However, their death rates from Covid were not higher than many other states, and lower than that of NY and NJ which maintained these mandates. This is especially surprising as we know that Florida skews high in age of population and age is a substantial factor in the illness mortality. So how do you explain this apparent contradiction?
Not to get into this because this tread is getting to political for me, but if you do a quick Google search, you’ll find that Florida has 72k deaths from Covid, where NY has 67k and NJ has 33k… just sayin.

Yes, but you must adjust for relative populations and average age of population in order to make valid comparisons. Plus, what about Texas? Also, we now know Cuomo intentionally understated deaths so the data cited is questionable at best.

Yes, but you must adjust for relative populations and average age of population in order to make valid comparisons. Plus, what about Texas? Also, we now know Cuomo intentionally understated deaths so the data cited is questionable at best.
Texas 87k

Are you pleased with yourself, posting what you had to know would turn into yet another sh*t-storm of a thread on this topic, on the basketball page?

Hardly dense, the discussion was well underway prior to my post. I was simply trying to place commentary in perspective.

Texas 87k
You did not adjust for population or age. That is why experts speak in deaths per 100,000. Texas also had a large number of people crashing the border who were Covid positive already, thus introducing more virus into the community. Data from Europe also show no correlation of mask mandate with Covid deaths. It is not as simple as you make it.

You could not be more wrong.
There is no science supporting them. None. There is no Fauci. Where has he been? How does he disappear if it want all fraud? You don’t go from there he sky is falling to just “nothing” without explanation. Where is it? This is why anyone Defending masks is unable to convince everyone else. The pawns have been used and the really brainwashed ones continue to carry the water for a fraud administration

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT