ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland at PU WVB

2nd set won fairly easily 25-21. Some tremendous defense/digs. Chloe (11 kills hitting 0.357) having a tremendous game just like Eva did last night. Lourdes Myers having a great match with 5 blocks in just 2 sets.

Was not really as close as the final score reflects, as Maryland fought off 4 straight set points until finally succombing.

Last edited:
Certainly be as a trap game. Good for the players.

Question. How can Wisconsin lose with players that are 6'9", 6'7", 6'5", 6'4", & 6:'4" along with a couple of 6'2"?

Reactions: DocRon
Thank goodness VB won today ‘cause apparently FB was a hot mess. Agree with previous poster that this was the classic trap game.
Thanks for the set-by-set summary Doc. Just home from a church function and missed 2nd half of FB and entire VB match. At least there is 1 win to celebrate today.
Need some of this VB fire-in-the-belly “juice” to bleed over to FB…. Man they need help 😕

Last edited:
Thank goodness VB won today ‘cause apparently FB was a hot mess. Agree with previous poster that this was the classic trap game.
Thanks for the set-by-set summary Doc. Just home from a church function and missed 2nd half of FB and entire VB match. At least there is 1 win to celebrate today.
Need to some of this VB fire-in-the-belly “juice” to bleed over to FB…. Man they need help 😕
I understand what you are saying about FB but we were without one of our best defensive players and our starting QB. Had two QB’s playing significant mins for the first time.

Reactions: Boilers1975
Certainly be as a trap game. Good for the players.

Question. How can Wisconsin lose with players that are 6'9", 6'7", 6'5", 6'4", & 6:'4" along with a couple of 6'2"?
VB isn’t only about height, just as BB is not. That’s how 5’10” Chicoine is the best freshman in the nation and one of the best players in the league. But Wisky‘s starting line-up is eye-opening.

Reactions: Boilermb
VB isn’t only about height, just as BB is not. That’s how 5’10” Chicoine is the best freshman in the nation and one of the best players in the league. But Wisky‘s starting line-up is eye-opening.

Looks like Purdue is bringing in 3 players on non scholership next year, my guess is Coach might try to line up 1 highly regarded transfer, team should be really good, maybe he views a top notch transfer as someone who can truly help their final 4 chances.

Reactions: DocRon and Boilermb
Purdue wins in a sweep in the closely contested 3rd set 27-25. Maryland put on a furious rally at the end to force us into extra points but Eva, Chloe, Raven and Lourdes pulled it out. Also tremendous digs by Schermerhorn.

We had 9 blocks for the match but Maryland had 13!

curious your thoughts on Brown vs Hornung? I actually think Emily played great. Something just seems off with Allie this season…
Coach speaks highly of both. Last week he said Hornung had the best match of her career. And this week in his just concluded presser he said Brown as a transfer was just what the team needed and it worked out well for both her and Purdue.

Agree, I have heard some say she is “optimistically 5 ft 10 ins.” But look at the size of the muscles in her thighs. Wow!

Coach speaks highly of both. Last week he said Hornung had the best match of her career. And this week in his just concluded presser he said Brown as a transfer was just what the team needed and it worked out well for both her and Purdue.
Yeah I saw that. IT always looks like Hourning is miserable out there to me but she just may be a more introverted player. I couldn’t dig one tenth of what she does. Honestly I would probably put my hands over my head and duck😄.

Yeah I saw that. IT always looks like Hourning is miserable out there to me but she just may be a more introverted player. I couldn’t dig one tenth of what she does. Honestly I would probably put my hands over my head and duck😄.
Hornung smiles a lot on the court recently.

Last edited:
Reactions: lj85 and DocRon
Interesting that he would say that. The Purdue reserves seem very relaxed this season,

I wonder what he thinks of Michigan’s reserves lounging on the ground against and on each other during the game. Aa a grumpy old man (so says my wife) I would not like it as a coach…. I mean, take the game a little seriously. Baa, humbig. (Grin)

• Haha
Reactions: MichaelRR
Interesting that he would say that. The Purdue reserves seem very relaxed this season,

I wonder what he thinks of Michigan’s reserves lounging on the ground against and on each other during the game. Aa a grumpy old man (so says my wife) I would not like it as a coach…. I mean, take the game a little seriously. Baa, humbig. (Grin)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT