ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness

koopmeister

Sophomore
Jan 21, 2006
Not sure if there are any basketball fans watching games still tonight, but it's felt every bit like March tonight. Kentucky gets a real scare against Georgia on the road on ESPN. Creighton up by a point on Villanova on Fox1. Double overtime with Michigan and Northwestern on BIGN. Overtime in Kansas as West Virginia gave up a large lead on ESPN2, Some great basketball to watch. I love me some March.

Originally posted by koopmeister:
Not sure if there are any basketball fans watching games still tonight, but it's felt every bit like March tonight. Kentucky gets a real scare against Georgia on the road on ESPN. Creighton up by a point on Villanova on Fox1. Double overtime with Michigan and Northwestern on BIGN. Overtime in Kansas as West Virginia gave up a large lead on ESPN2, Some great basketball to watch. I love me some March.
Yeah.....some great games. Kentucky was down 9 with less than 10 minutes left and turned it up defensively. Georgia didn't help itself, missing three front ends down the stretch. I could see Georgia pulling a surprise or two if they get in.....the have some good size in the front court.....can't have that kind of FT shooting, though.

Kansas somehow escapes (down 18) with Alexander again on the bench and Ellis out the 2nd half with a sprained knee. Kansas has won or shared the Big 12 reg season title for an 11th straight year, which I find remarkable. The last time Kansas didn't at least share the title? 2004 OK State with John Lucas & Co....

With all that said, I see Kansas as potentially vulnerable as a high seed in the round of 32, especially if Ellis is not 100%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT