ADVERTISEMENT

Madison Norris DE

He is another one of our top targets in state. It would be great to get him. We are going to have some big, fast, strong DE's in the Brohm Era and I really hope Madison Norris is among them!

He is another one of our top targets in state. It would be great to get him. We are going to have some big, fast, strong DE's in the Brohm Era and I really hope Madison Norris is among them!
Kid is a couple years below me from my highschool, have heard we don't have a great shot, but that he doesn't have his heart set on any particular school. If we gain some traction to start the season that could definitely change!

Kid is a couple years below me from my highschool, have heard we don't have a great shot, but that he doesn't have his heart set on any particular school. If we gain some traction to start the season that could definitely change!
Keep us up to date!!!

It makes me sad that we don't own the Region the way we used to. I wouldn't blame him if he picked UT over us, but losing him to the other programs in that list basically says how far the previous staffs let us fall in terms of geographical presence within the state.

It makes me sad that we don't own the Region the way we used to. I wouldn't blame him if he picked UT over us, but losing him to the other programs in that list basically says how far the previous staffs let us fall in terms of geographical presence within the state.
So True!!!!

The Tweet says he's in Merrillville, but he actually goes to HSE in Fishers. The Region simply doesn't produce talent anymore. The best coaches all retired or left for more money to coach together in Illinois at Homewood-Flossmoor. At best there's really only 1 or 2 players worth recruiting each year, which is kind of pathetic considering the population.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
The Tweet says he's in Merrillville, but he actually goes to HSE in Fishers. The Region simply doesn't produce talent anymore. The best coaches all retired or left for more money to coach together in Illinois at Homewood-Flossmoor. At best there's really only 1 or 2 players worth recruiting each year, which is kind of pathetic considering the population.
You got that right. It is very pathetic the region does not produce hardly any division one football players. It's hard to understand. The region should produce more than that by accident.

Historically the best football players out of the region were probably Tom Harmon and Alex Karras but who would you single out as the best Purdue recruits in the modern era (since WW2)

I would vote for Blane Smith DE-Gary or Tom Jelesky OT-Merrillville
It seems like its been 30 yrs since we attracted any All BIG10 caliber football recruits from the region?

Historically the best football players out of the region were probably Tom Harmon and Alex Karras but who would you single out as the best Purdue recruits in the modern era (since WW2)

It seems like its been 30 yrs since we attracted any All BIG10 caliber football recruits from the region?

Kawaan Short?

Reactions: boiler800

Mike Neal

It's a shame that very little comes out of Lake Central with that enrollment.

Reactions: JohnsyRick
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT