ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville fans are similar to things you throw in to waste receptacles....

When Schnellenberger left you guys were still nothing. You were a nobody playing nobodies who no one cared about. Your program was built by a slime ball and a coach who had an affair with a donors wife. Your stadium was named after a drunken racist businessman who graduated from ball state. Your fans online like yourself perfectly reflect these origins.

Mmm, ok?

The simple truth is that Schnellenbeger resurrected the program. Without beating Alabama in 1991 and his vision, there wouldn’t have been a privately funded stadium.

And John is no racist. The only color he knows is green.

Would be fun to compare incomes with those suggesting we live in trailers.
That would be interesting. What does a nice 3,000 sqf home cost in the L-ville area? I think another poster pointed out that very few Purdue grads stay in West Lafayette.

Indiana, including Indianapolis, is a flat, dull, culturally and historically bankrupt state that was once controlled by the KKK. It makes news for HIV outbreaks in small towns and...what else?

Indiana is a great state. I only wish Kentucky was as well governed.

Mmm, ok?

The simple truth is that Schnellenbeger resurrected the program. Without beating Alabama in 1991 and his vision, there wouldn’t have been a privately funded stadium.

And John is no racist. The only color he knows is green.

Look, it's not my goal to talk down the UofL program.

Schnellenberger did okay. Two bowls in 10 years (and the only times Howard had UofL ranked was in those two seasons), that isn't much of a 'resurrection.'

Besides, in order to be resurrected, something had to once be alive. Prior to Howard, UofL was 0-1-1 in bowls. Hells Bells, Lee Corso bolted UofL for IU. I frickin' U. Candidly, UofL football wasn't much of anything until the late 80's. And, yes, Howard got that going.

I would argue, the best thing to happen to UofL was joining CUSA. Oh, and having Jeff Brohm land in their lap.

Reactions: WildcatofNati
That would be interesting. What does a nice 3,000 sqf home cost in the L-ville area? I think another poster pointed out that very few Purdue grads stay in West Lafayette.
I agree very few Purdue Grads stay in West Lafayette, that said there are large contingents of Louisville Grads outside of Louisville, particularly in Nashville, Atlanta, and Tampa. I have lived in Indy and Louisville. I have traveled all over both states extensively. Both of my parents were born in the Indy area, I spent 2 years myself at Anderson University, finishing up at home at UofL. The two states are very different, neither campus of the two schools had a reputation for being beautiful, though both have made strides to improve their curb appeal in recent years. Both have stereotypes, and there are those people that perpetuate them. That said, I believe both are anomalies in their state. Both are historically agricultural states, there is no denying that. Purdue has a more rich academic tradition, no one in Louisville will argue with that. That said, UofL is defined by an urban location, situated between the airport, Churchill Downs racetrack, and one of the largest and most ornate Victorian neighborhoods in N. America. It is an urban location, it was known as the 'city school' to many small minded people outside of Louisville for many years. Louisville and the state of KY have a love/hate relationship much like Chicago and the rest of Illinois. The hillbillies point to urban violence and progressive thoughts, but still want the revenue that the city provides the state. Louisvillians, many of which are not from there, separate themselves from the small town worldviews that sometimes can be racist or not forward thinking at all. Lexington has more in common with the old South, while Louisville was born of an industrial town defined by trade coming down the river and stopping to go around the falls on its waterfront. Indiana is a state of corn fields, some beautiful forests, and covered bridges. But there is also bitter cold, flat earth, lake effect snow, etc. You have influences from Chicago. Indianapolis is a younger city than Louisville, and at one time grew at a faster rate. It had alot to offer with pro sports and great shopping, but felt like a city lacking culture, without a soul, bland as the flat corn fields that surrounded it. That has changed alot. It is a burgeoning city with newly gentrified neighborhoods drawing in a younger professional and creative class. It has been at least 18 years since I have been to Purdue, but I imagine not too much has changed outside of the college campus but cannot speak for it. I say all this to say that we all have our stereotypes and characters that define most of each state, but those are mostly stereotypes. Personally I prefer the hills of KY and not the winters of Northern Indiana, but if my kids wanted to go to Purdue, I would encourage them.

Reactions: drewjin
I agree very few Purdue Grads stay in West Lafayette, that said there are large contingents of Louisville Grads outside of Louisville, particularly in Nashville, Atlanta, and Tampa. I have lived in Indy and Louisville. I have traveled all over both states extensively. Both of my parents were born in the Indy area, I spent 2 years myself at Anderson University, finishing up at home at UofL. The two states are very different, neither campus of the two schools had a reputation for being beautiful, though both have made strides to improve their curb appeal in recent years. Both have stereotypes, and there are those people that perpetuate them. That said, I believe both are anomalies in their state. Both are historically agricultural states, there is no denying that. Purdue has a more rich academic tradition, no one in Louisville will argue with that. That said, UofL is defined by an urban location, situated between the airport, Churchill Downs racetrack, and one of the largest and most ornate Victorian neighborhoods in N. America. It is an urban location, it was known as the 'city school' to many small minded people outside of Louisville for many years. Louisville and the state of KY have a love/hate relationship much like Chicago and the rest of Illinois. The hillbillies point to urban violence and progressive thoughts, but still want the revenue that the city provides the state. Louisvillians, many of which are not from there, separate themselves from the small town worldviews that sometimes can be racist or not forward thinking at all. Lexington has more in common with the old South, while Louisville was born of an industrial town defined by trade coming down the river and stopping to go around the falls on its waterfront. Indiana is a state of corn fields, some beautiful forests, and covered bridges. But there is also bitter cold, flat earth, lake effect snow, etc. You have influences from Chicago. Indianapolis is a younger city than Louisville, and at one time grew at a faster rate. It had alot to offer with pro sports and great shopping, but felt like a city lacking culture, without a soul, bland as the flat corn fields that surrounded it. That has changed alot. It is a burgeoning city with newly gentrified neighborhoods drawing in a younger professional and creative class. It has been at least 18 years since I have been to Purdue, but I imagine not too much has changed outside of the college campus but cannot speak for it. I say all this to say that we all have our stereotypes and characters that define most of each state, but those are mostly stereotypes. Personally I prefer the hills of KY and not the winters of Northern Indiana, but if my kids wanted to go to Purdue, I would encourage them.

That long post reminds me of someone else who frequently posts here.

Hold on, I'm thinking . . . . !

Indiana, including Indianapolis, is a flat, dull, culturally and historically bankrupt state that was once controlled by the KKK. It makes news for HIV outbreaks in small towns and...what else?
STLNBSE, please refrain from behavior that is counter to the policies on Rivals concerning message board behavior. This will serve as a warning directed to you. If you can not follow such rules, your username will be blocked.

STLNBSE, please refrain from behavior that is counter to the policies on Rivals concerning message board behavior. This will serve as a warning directed to you. If you can not follow such rules, your username will be blocked.
The reference to Tipton and Elwood Indiana has some relevance...especially with all the name calling and references to racism in KY. Lets all be fair gentlemen.

JDB, hard at work. . . !

27garbage_600.jpg

I know how we could solve this, maybe just delete a thread that calls Louisville Fans..."trash"....as long as it is up, he won't be the last to take offense and jab back. My regards.

The shape of JDB's hat in his avatar is kinda ironic...it is "similar" to a hat some others wear
I have had that picture as my avatar long before I became a mod.

Long story short: I had an issue of mistaken identity by thinking Mitch Daniels was Morgan Burke. I self-imposed the dunce cap on myself because of it as a joke.

Also the thread clearly is making a point to the fans who are clearly messaging young men still in high school about receiving offers from Brohm if/when he goes to UofL. How is that not trashy?

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Look, it's not my goal to talk down the UofL program.

Schnellenberger did okay. Two bowls in 10 years (and the only times Howard had UofL ranked was in those two seasons), that isn't much of a 'resurrection.'

Besides, in order to be resurrected, something had to once be alive. Prior to Howard, UofL was 0-1-1 in bowls. Hells Bells, Lee Corso bolted UofL for IU. I frickin' U. Candidly, UofL football wasn't much of anything until the late 80's. And, yes, Howard got that going.

I would argue, the best thing to happen to UofL was joining CUSA. Oh, and having Jeff Brohm land in their lap.

It’s not the W-L record that made Schnellenbeger the architect of Louisville football. It was his audacity to believe we could build a football stadium with private funds (no state money) and compete at a high level. His profile was very high when taking the UofL job, being two years removed from a National Championship at Miami. He could have had his pick of prestigious jobs but chose to build something in his home town.

Joining CUSA is what caused him to bolt. He wanted to remain an independent and schedule top competition.

Had there been as many bowls in the 80’s-90’s, we’d have been to more. Notably, the two bowl appearances were both victories against Alabama and Michigan State, with the latter featuring Jeff Brohm as QB. I was at that game and froze my arse off.

Last edited:
It’s not the W-L record that made Schnellenbeger the architect of Louisville football. It was his audacity to believe we could build a football stadium with private funds (no state money) and compete at a high level. His profile was very high when taking the UofL job, being two years removed from a National Championship at Miami. He could have had his pick of prestigious jobs but chose to build something in his home town.

Joining CUSA is what caused him to bolt. He wanted to remain an independent and schedule top competition.

Had there been as many bowls in the 80’s-90’s, we’d have been to more. Notably, the two bowl appearances were both victories against Alabama and Michigan State, with the latter featuring Jeff Brohm as QB. I was at that game and froze my arse off.

Being an independent would have been disastrous.
I hear you, but the bowls (and records) are what they are.

This is actually a decent, balanced post. Thanks. I would only add Purdue's campus has changed dramatically in the past 18 years. I was there as a student 25 years ago and I would admit it wasn't known for it's aesthetics, but that has definitely changed. New buildings, green spaces, matured foliage, and a dramatic change to the supporting WL infrastructre have really improved the campus experience.

This fighting between some Louisville and Purdue fans will end in about a week and a half...I have absolutely nothing against Purdue and whatever happens wish you the best.

Myself I would like Brohm to come back home but if he decides to stay in West Lafayette I would completely understand. As I stated on our board...Brohm is one of 6 I would welcome...I’m just glad that Louisville cleaned house and trying to change the National image.

Reactions: Purdue85
i am engineer, we work in terms of close enough, not perfection, you should know that. you want an english composition hire an english major. i don;t act like i know how to do someone;s else;s job,

whtas teh odl syinag autob how yu can unerstnd whta im tyipn withuot it beguin correkt

btw, 80,86 back in the 80's and 90'd before the tech and dot com stuff hit, in the book of lists by isaac azimov,, LA had 13 rich neighborhoods and Louisville was second with 9. Then the Harrod's Creek Zip code was the richest at that time. obviously times have changed int he last 20 years, but lousiville is so cheap, that when i was in speed school there was a comparison of cities on the wall and what would cost a dollar on average would only be $0.91 in louisville while $1.44 in san francisco. surprising west lafayette was the only city cheaper but much smaller in population. you also have to figure cost of living into your wealth.

also some other louisville facts, oru school has basically a 50/50 ratio boys to girls, what's purdue's? louisville is also home to Ali, and i could drop the mic with that. and on campus, our football stadium is top 10, basketball #1, we've got new soccer stadium, new baseball stadium, new pool complex, and a vibrant city where there the only drawback is there is so much to do as fans sometimes we leave early during blowouts or show up late to day games but give us a night game and the house is packed.

and did you know all the lobster served outside of new england comes to lousiville and and shipped out as seen on Modern Marvels Season 15 ep 12 Deliver it.

and finally, for all of you future engineers looking for a job, UPS, Ford,

Yum Brands, Churchill Downs, Humana, Atria, PaPa Johns, and many more will likely offer you an interview and you're going to remember this post and ten years later darn it, he was right, i dig this city.

oh, we are also constructing a 120 mile park loop around the entire city where you can walk or bike on paved walk the entire way with offroading everywhere/

So minor league Louisville has more "rich" neighborhoods than the NYC area? LMFAO

for your information....

The Big Ten Conference was established in 1895 when Purdue University president James H. Smart and representatives from the University of Chicago, University of Illinois, University of Michigan, University of Minnesota, Northwestern University, and University of Wisconsin gathered at Chicago's Palmer House Hotel to set policies aimed at regulating intercollegiate athletics.

Formation of the conference was spearheaded by Purdue's president Smart,
luck had nothing to do with it!

Yeah I know the history of the B10. Purdue said we need to get in with these powerhouses Michigan and Chicago so they led to the formation.

Louisville 1st is right. Just what you said, explains how little you understand Louisville. If you were talking about Lexington or Western KY, that may add up. Louisville has more in common with St Louis or Cincinnatti. Old River Town, German Irish roots, Vibrant Art Scene... a place where the south and midwest collide. It is the 16th largest city in the US. You have some rednecks but you have rednecks in Indiana too if you look hard enough. The whole realtree, chewin tobacco, nascar, deer hunting thing has never been Louisville. We give you a pass, but now you know.
16th largest city in the US? LOL. It went from something like 55th to 16th overnight when the city and county merged. The metro area, the true indicator of a city's population, is barely top 50.

And why is your handle "StoopsTroops"? Are you yet another UofLoL fan pretending to be a UK fan for purposes of trolling UK boards? Why is your fanbase unique in using this tactic? There are at least 10 others doing the same thing at any given time on our board. Pathetic.

16th largest city in the US? LOL. It went from something like 55th to 16th overnight when the city and county merged. The metro area, the true indicator of a city's population, is barely top 50.

And why is your handle "StoopsTroops"? Are you yet another UofLoL fan pretending to be a UK fan for purposes of trolling UK boards? Why is your fanbase unique in using this tactic? There are at least 10 others doing the same thing at any given time on our board. Pathetic.

Wow...and a Kentucky Fan On a Purdue Board discussing Brohm...hilarious...reminds me why I really don’t do message boards anymore...Purdue fans...whatever happens with Jeff Brohm good luck...

Last edited:
Reactions: StoopsTroops2013
Purdue fans that have never been to Louisville......just do some research on the internet. The place is a ghetto. This will help you understand why their fans come on here and act like fools. I will also admit that in general the people of KY are not very well educated, you can also check this on the internet. Although my name on this forum suggests that I am a UK fan, I quit rooting for UK. My son and I follow Purdue because we both followed WKU then and now. U of L fans in general and the university are a cesspool. You cannot object to this, just look at all the scandals that have went on there.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
It was his audacity to believe we could build a football stadium with private funds (no state money) and compete at a high level. .
Yep, Scnellenberger was a godsend to Louisville football, but what happened to that no tax payer money philosophy from back then? The entire bill for the $65M upgrade was paid by the tax payers minus the $10M Papa gave you. Btw, did Louisville have to refund that to Papa since they reneged on the naming rights?

Purdue fans that have never been to Louisville......just do some research on the internet. The place is a ghetto. This will help you understand why their fans come on here and act like fools. I will also admit that in general the people of KY are not very well educated, you can also check this on the internet. Although my name on this forum suggests that I am a UK fan, I quit rooting for UK. My son and I follow Purdue because we both followed WKU then and now. U of L fans in general and the university are a cesspool. You cannot object to this, just look at all the scandals that have went on there.
Kentucky fan equals number one source on Louisville. I'm sure if I asked an IU fan about Purdue they would have the same kind words.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT