ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville fans are similar to things you throw in to waste receptacles....

Tweeting our recent 2020 recruits that they should expect an offer from them when Brohm jumps.

I can't wait to see your hick ass fools when you don't get him.
I am sure other schools have fans sending things to our current class too. Gotta love social media. Not.

Even before all this with Brohm; it’s always been known how trashy that fan base is. They actually take pride in it. I have friends that are UofL fans and they’ve been embarrassed from antics before and after games.
There isn’t a school in the big ten conference that even comes close then in regards to that. 80% of the fan base didn’t even go to school there, just grew up watching in them in the trailer park I guess

Can we stop with this. JB may or may not leave for his alma mater. It will suck for one fan base and be great for the other. All schools have great fans and a few bad ones. It makes us look immature to be calling them a community college and all sorts of other stuff I've seen on this board. Let it all play out and not feed the trolls. Even if he leaves, MBob will find us another good coach.

Can we stop with this. JB may or may not leave for his alma mater. It will suck for one fan base and be great for the other. All schools have great fans and a few bad ones. It makes us look immature to be calling them a community college and all sorts of other stuff I've seen on this board. Let it all play out and not feed the trolls. Even if he leaves, MBob will find us another good coach.

agree.

With that said, UL fans have shown who they really are on our forum.

I can understand the argument of "a few bad apples," but (by my count) there has been exactly ONE UL fan that has displayed any class, even that one refused to take out the trash. Unless I've missed it, there have been ZERO who have come here and condemned those who negatively reinforce the UL stereotype.

That's a shame. And I have family who graduated from UL.

To our friend @BoilerinLouisville: I’m sure all this is a little harder on you than the rest of us. Hang in there brother, we got your back!
Hey, I live in Louisville too. My wife graduated from UL, but I have converted her to a Purdue fan. I still wear my Purdue shirts to the gym and everywhere else everytime I get a chance. I get snarky remarks from some UL fans, but the majority I work with hope that Brohm stays with Purdue, since he seems to have a good thing at Purdue. Most UL fans I have ever met and been around don't have anything against Purdue. IU and UK are a different story.

Well said my friend....

No need to get insecure. I’m sure you’ll find a good replacement!

Indeed we will. After you head home with your tail between your legs, just like UT fans did last year, we will no doubt have plenty of fans from other would-be suitors to replace you. You're all just a dime a dozen.

Sorry, just the facts, ma'am.

Reactions: Purdue85
Not all of our fans are 'trash'. I go toe to toe with our mouth breathers on a daily basis. There are more than there used to be, but I guess that's the unfortunate downside to growth.

I hope JB puts an end to all of the speculation and rumor mongering shortly. A delay is not really helping anyone. Best of luck in your final two games...

Tweeting our recent 2020 recruits that they should expect an offer from them when Brohm jumps.

I can't wait to see your hick ass fools when you don't get him.

Agreed. I went to the Louisville game in Indy during the baby boilers year. I was absolutely shocked at how trashy their fans were. We like to pick figures with Michigan and Iowa fans, but we don't know how great b10 fans are in general.

I now live in Georgia. And it's a different type of fanbase from Kentucky on South.

Reactions: pboiler18
I get snarky remarks from some UL fans, but the majority I work with hope that Brohm stays with Purdue, since he seems to have a good thing at Purdue. Most UL fans I have ever met and been around don't have anything against Purdue. IU and UK are a different story.

With all due respect, any true UofL fan does NOT hope Brohm stays at Purdue. None. There's a reason there is so much tension between our fan bases, and it's because Brohm is a great coach and we both want him very badly.

Because UofL fans consider Jeff one of our own, I was very happy for him when he got the Purdue job, and started pulling for the Boilers. And even though I was at a concert the night you guys played osu, I kept checking the score on bathroom breaks. Fun fun game. I'm pretty sure that is something we can all agree on, and that is we all hate osu and their entitled fan base.

At the end of the day, one of us will be disappointed. If it's Purdue fans, then Jeff will leave the program in a much more desirable position. If it's UofL fans, then there are some other names on the list I can also get excited for. Either way, it's still just a game, so best of luck to Boiler fans moving forward.

So you are designating our fan base as trash? How enlightening. I’ll be the first to admit that we have some riff raff (I once got stuck on a plane to Vegas with some undesirable Card fans), but doesn’t every fan base have these factions? To me, the bickering over Brohm is silly. If he wants to stay with you guys, we will still go get a very good coach. Purdue should have the same attitude. Let the man make his decision and realize that wherever he ends up, that’s where he wanted to be.

Even before all this with Brohm; it’s always been known how trashy that fan base is. They actually take pride in it. I have friends that are UofL fans and they’ve been embarrassed from antics before and after games.
There isn’t a school in the big ten conference that even comes close then in regards to that. 80% of the fan base didn’t even go to school there, just grew up watching in them in the trailer park I guess
I can think of one B1G school that comes close..

btw, every school has trashy fans, but the only reason you get to see louisville and kentucky fans is they travel and support their teams everywhere. i cannot remember the last time i traveled anywhere and saw someone wearing a purdue shirt. and to say we all live in trailers is funny, did you know that outside of of los angeles, luisville is basically the richest city in the country and the richest zip code is here. our bars stay open until 4 am and reopen at 6 am. you can buy beer and liquor on sunday and always could. we have more parks per capita than any city. our restaurants are everywhere. we are teh bourbon capital of the world. there is old school money but no one flaunts it. you can great homes for under $125/ft2. we are built on horseracing, tobacco, weed and we are the center intersection point in the US so we know how to party and have a great time. in car within an 8 hour 10 drive you can reach the beaches in new orleans, florida, alabama, virginia, SC, NC and maryland. As far north as syracuse and as far west as kansas city. our utility rates are super cheap, we are a melting pot of people from everywhere as GE, UPS, FORD, and Yum brands all bring people in from everywhere and all who come always love the city and many move back when they have a chance. we have southern hospitality with northern sensability. in 2013 Louisville won the Capital One Cup for best sports program. We've sent team to the football, baseball, soccer, and basketball championships. IT rarely snows in the winters and since we are on the far western point of the eastern time zone it stays light until 9:30 in the summer. and If you are of any race, sexuality, creed or color, you feel welcome in louisville, their is a place for you here. so while you may mock us, mockery is usually born of jealousy.
now you tell me how WF compares and where would you rather live and raise a family? simple facts will bring him home.
btw, engineering joke for you, what the square root of 69?... ate something

Glassman, what are you smoking? Richest city outside of LA? That's absurd and you are FAKE NEWS.

BTW, I am a Louisville native, Louisville fan, and not a Louisville alumnus. So yes, I am one of those 80% who didn't go to the university. I went to Vanderbilt. For undergraduate and graduate school. Sue me. I'm a snob.

However, I have also lived in 8 states and travel extensively for work. I'm in San Francisco this week at my company HQ. I have dealt with fans from all walks of life, and one thing I can say with absolute certainty is that Louisville fans are not, by any unbiased definition, trash. In fact, quite the opposite. Most fan bases of other schools who encounter us tend to agree, unequivocally.

Sorry you're dealing with some douche-rockets about this Brohm thing. They don't represent the majority (or even a meaningful minority). Also sorry you're dealing with the potential loss of a great coach who is doing fantastic things for your program, and doing it the right way. We've been through it. We remember Charlie Strong being courted (interestingly enough, by Tennessee first, which he turned down like Brohm did with Purdue, then ultimately leaving for Texas).

In the end. Yes, you have better academics than UofL. No, the coach doesn't care. Yes, there are asshats in our fan base. No, they aren't representative. No, we don't live in trailors and aren't rednecks. Yes, we are a legitimate football program with incredible facilities and a growing and passionate fanbase. No, we don't have the extensive history that Purdue has. Yes, we have the resources and recent success to pay as much or more for a coaching staff that Purdue can.

/rant

Reactions: NkyCard89
btw, every school has trashy fans, but the only reason you get to see louisville and kentucky fans is they travel and support their teams everywhere. i cannot remember the last time i traveled anywhere and saw someone wearing a purdue shirt. and to say we all live in trailers is funny, did you know that outside of of los angeles, luisville is basically the richest city in the country and the richest zip code is here. our bars stay open until 4 am and reopen at 6 am. you can buy beer and liquor on sunday and always could. we have more parks per capita than any city. our restaurants are everywhere. we are teh bourbon capital of the world. there is old school money but no one flaunts it. you can great homes for under $125/ft2. we are built on horseracing, tobacco, weed and we are the center intersection point in the US so we know how to party and have a great time. in car within an 8 hour 10 drive you can reach the beaches in new orleans, florida, alabama, virginia, SC, NC and maryland. As far north as syracuse and as far west as kansas city. our utility rates are super cheap, we are a melting pot of people from everywhere as GE, UPS, FORD, and Yum brands all bring people in from everywhere and all who come always love the city and many move back when they have a chance. we have southern hospitality with northern sensability. in 2013 Louisville won the Capital One Cup for best sports program. We've sent team to the football, baseball, soccer, and basketball championships. IT rarely snows in the winters and since we are on the far western point of the eastern time zone it stays light until 9:30 in the summer. and If you are of any race, sexuality, creed or color, you feel welcome in louisville, their is a place for you here. so while you may mock us, mockery is usually born of jealousy.
now you tell me how WF compares and where would you rather live and raise a family? simple facts will bring him home.
btw, engineering joke for you, what the square root of 69?... ate something
Did you ever take an English composition class?It doesnt seem like you did..

Did you ever take an English composition class?It doesn't seem like you did..
i am engineer, we work in terms of close enough, not perfection, you should know that. you want an english composition hire an english major. i don;t act like i know how to do someone;s else;s job,

whtas teh odl syinag autob how yu can unerstnd whta im tyipn withuot it beguin correkt

btw, 80,86 back in the 80's and 90'd before the tech and dot com stuff hit, in the book of lists by isaac azimov,, LA had 13 rich neighborhoods and Louisville was second with 9. Then the Harrod's Creek Zip code was the richest at that time. obviously times have changed int he last 20 years, but lousiville is so cheap, that when i was in speed school there was a comparison of cities on the wall and what would cost a dollar on average would only be $0.91 in louisville while $1.44 in san francisco. surprising west lafayette was the only city cheaper but much smaller in population. you also have to figure cost of living into your wealth.

also some other louisville facts, oru school has basically a 50/50 ratio boys to girls, what's purdue's? louisville is also home to Ali, and i could drop the mic with that. and on campus, our football stadium is top 10, basketball #1, we've got new soccer stadium, new baseball stadium, new pool complex, and a vibrant city where there the only drawback is there is so much to do as fans sometimes we leave early during blowouts or show up late to day games but give us a night game and the house is packed.

and did you know all the lobster served outside of new england comes to lousiville and and shipped out as seen on Modern Marvels Season 15 ep 12 Deliver it.

and finally, for all of you future engineers looking for a job, UPS, Ford, Yum Brands, Churchill Downs, Humana, Atria, PaPa Johns, and many more will likely offer you an interview and you're going to remember this post and ten years later darn it, he was right, i dig this city.

oh, we are also constructing a 120 mile park loop around the entire city where you can walk or bike on paved walk the entire way with offroading everywhere/

i am engineer, we work in terms of close enough, not perfection, you should know that. you want an english composition hire an english major. i don;t act like i know how to do someone;s else;s job,

whtas teh odl syinag autob how yu can unerstnd whta im tyipn withuot it beguin correkt

btw, 80,86 back in the 80's and 90'd before the tech and dot com stuff hit, in the book of lists by isaac azimov,, LA had 13 rich neighborhoods and Louisville was second with 9. Then the Harrod's Creek Zip code was the richest at that time. obviously times have changed int he last 20 years, but lousiville is so cheap, that when i was in speed school there was a comparison of cities on the wall and what would cost a dollar on average would only be $0.91 in louisville while $1.44 in san francisco. surprising west lafayette was the only city cheaper but much smaller in population. you also have to figure cost of living into your wealth.

also some other louisville facts, oru school has basically a 50/50 ratio boys to girls, what's purdue's? louisville is also home to Ali, and i could drop the mic with that. and on campus, our football stadium is top 10, basketball #1, we've got new soccer stadium, new baseball stadium, new pool complex, and a vibrant city where there the only drawback is there is so much to do as fans sometimes we leave early during blowouts or show up late to day games but give us a night game and the house is packed.

and did you know all the lobster served outside of new england comes to lousiville and and shipped out as seen on Modern Marvels Season 15 ep 12 Deliver it.

and finally, for all of you future engineers looking for a job, UPS, Ford, Yum Brands, Churchill Downs, Humana, Atria, PaPa Johns, and many more will likely offer you an interview and you're going to remember this post and ten years later darn it, he was right, i dig this city.

oh, we are also constructing a 120 mile park loop around the entire city where you can walk or bike on paved walk the entire way with offroading everywhere/

Highly doubt you’re an engineer.

That was kind of a tough read, but I get it you like your city. I also think it has a lot going for it, not my cup of tea but to each their own.

I understand that engineers work in all business segments, but I'm not sure how many engineers most of the companies you listed are going to be interviewing in the near future. Now they will undoubtedly contract with IT companies and other engineering hiring firms for work from time to time, but I doubt many engineers are full time employees at say Humana.

I will say glassman, that I agree withy you that you have a large and passionate fan base. Not sure the date, but I remember back in the early 2000s we played Louisville in the Wooden Tradition. Since there were two games, there were 4 team sections. Louisville filled their section and half of every other section. During the entire game between us your fans were rockin. I was impressed; however, once the game was over and Purdue had won, that passion and energy turned ugly and I was let's say not impressed. But I guess with that many people there is more chance for trouble.

Not all of our fans are 'trash'. I go toe to toe with our mouth breathers on a daily basis. There are more than there used to be, but I guess that's the unfortunate downside to growth.

I hope JB puts an end to all of the speculation and rumor mongering shortly. A delay is not really helping anyone. Best of luck in your final two games...
I doubt he says anything before the end of the season. Unfortunately for Boiler and Cardinal fans, I don't think Brohm has made a decision, thus there isn't really anything for him to say publicly yet.

What?

I doubt he says anything before the end of the season. Unfortunately for Boiler and Cardinal fans, I don't think Brohm has made a decision, thus there isn't really anything for him to say publicly yet.
Except that if he had made the decision already to stay at Purdue - you can bet that would have come out - along with news of a raise and extension. Purdue obviously wants that situation to have happen.

Like yesterday.

Except that if he had made the decision already to stay at Purdue - you can bet that would have come out - along with news of a raise and extension. Purdue obviously wants that situation to have happen.

Like yesterday.
What part of "he has not made a decision yet" did you not understand? Anyone that says "he's going to UofL" or "He's staying at Purdue" is speculating or flat out lying.

Reactions: cjcollie

If Jeff Brohm does go to coach Louisville,it wont be because of lobster shipping.Ali and Pee Wee Reese and Vic Mature were Louisville natives.So what?.

Reactions: drewjin
btw, i have an industrial engineering degree from speed school at u of l. I traveled europe for six weeks when i graduated before i took any job. i started work at GE and Alcoa Aluminum but could not stand cubicles. i becaame a store manager at friend small hippy store and helped them to improve inventory and restocking. I met a friend there who let me watch him do glass artwork and i used all that knowledge and my IE degree to now make the worlds highest quality, safest, smoothest, strongest, largest, and most hypo-allergenic glass adult toys while also specializing in custom glass dilators for sex change patients, radiation therapy patients, pelvic trauma patients and for those women who are simply small to enjoy sex without some help. passionglass.com

btw, i bet both of our fan bases can agree and root for the new orleans saints, yours more so than ours but now that teddy bridgewater is drew's heir apparent, i wonder what their conversations have been like the last few days.

If they “taken pride” in it, how can they “be embarrassed?”

btw, i bet both of our fan bases can agree and root for the new orleans saints, yours more so than ours but now that teddy bridgewater is drew's heir apparent, i wonder what their conversations have been like the last few days.
I would say Hill is the heir apparent to Brees with the current team. Not to say that might not change.

With all due respect, any true UofL fan does NOT hope Brohm stays at Purdue. None. There's a reason there is so much tension between our fan bases, and it's because Brohm is a great coach and we both want him very badly.

Because UofL fans consider Jeff one of our own, I was very happy for him when he got the Purdue job, and started pulling for the Boilers. And even though I was at a concert the night you guys played osu, I kept checking the score on bathroom breaks. Fun fun game. I'm pretty sure that is something we can all agree on, and that is we all hate osu and their entitled fan base.

At the end of the day, one of us will be disappointed. If it's Purdue fans, then Jeff will leave the program in a much more desirable position. If it's UofL fans, then there are some other names on the list I can also get excited for. Either way, it's still just a game, so best of luck to Boiler fans moving forward.

This is why you can't broad brush fans. This is a very level headed and objective post. In the end, you are correct, it's just a game. And no matter what happens, both programs will be OK.

I live in Louisville. I was a big Ali fan, but I don't know about dropping the mic with him. I think Purdue could drop the mic with Neil Armstrong on any university being the first man on the moon.

btw, i have an industrial engineering degree from speed school at u of l. I traveled europe for six weeks when i graduated before i took any job. i started work at GE and Alcoa Aluminum but could not stand cubicles. i becaame a store manager at friend small hippy store and helped them to improve inventory and restocking. I met a friend there who let me watch him do glass artwork and i used all that knowledge and my IE degree to now make the worlds highest quality, safest, smoothest, strongest, largest, and most hypo-allergenic glass adult toys while also specializing in custom glass dilators for sex change patients, radiation therapy patients, pelvic trauma patients and for those women who are simply small to enjoy sex without some help. passionglass.com
Weird flex, but ok.

I like Purdue. Always have. I’ve been to several basketball games at Mackey and have always held their fans in high esteem. I hope Brohm comes home but if he does not, I’d still pull for him.
Howard...Classy post with no snarkiness... I recall passing through Louisville on Sept 15th at about 4:30pm and listening to the good ole time that Uof L Fans were having at the expense of CJB and Purdue the day they lost to E.Mich that day.....No love or respect shown for their home town boy and now they want him to save their program....???
Uof L 31, ISU 7 Impressive

Howard...Classy post with no snarkiness... I recall passing through Louisville on Sept 15th at about 4:30pm and listening to the good ole time that Uof L Fans were having at the expense of CJB and Purdue the day they lost to E.Mich that day.....No love or respect shown for their home town boy and now they want him to save their program....???
Uof L 31, ISU 7 Impressive
Fake news

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT