ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of skeletons starting to come out about Hazell's time...this one is unreal...

In a recent ESPN article covering Blough's trip to a South African orphanage (link below), Blough was quoted as saying:

"After one of Purdue’s early spring practices in which he made too many mistakes, Blough went back to the football complex around 9 p.m. to watch film. He thought he was alone in the building until Brohm popped into the meeting room. Brohm spent the next 90 minutes breaking down the film with Blough, at one point even getting down on the floor to illustrate where Blough should feel the weight of his plant foot.

“I probably talked to coach Brohm more that night than I did in the last few years with the head coach,” Blough said. “It’s special to me, because he cares.”

HOLY Shhhhhhhh! The starting QB says he has spent more time in one evening of watching film than he did in multiple years under Hazel. More and more I begin to think the biggest inhibitor to the program was Hazel's total lack of any ability to coach. That showed with Parker BUT still his scent was on the program.

Link: http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/pos...-spring-break-helping-south-african-orphanage
Good leaders get down and dirty with the subordinates and don't just sit in their ivory tower.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
CEO head coach to a fault. To others' point though. What kind of input could Hazell even give him other than "Don't turn the ball over" and "Here read this manual". Jeff and Brian Brohm are QB's by trade which is why if you are going to call yourself the cradle of quarterbacks, and attract talent at that position, you should have coaches that think like one.

I wouldn’t mind if every coach we ever have is a former QB

Their brunch was AMAZING! As I kid I could barely finish 1/2 of their waffles! Fire, then a tornado took away that yummy place.

2kizc1.jpg

Their brunch was AMAZING! As I kid I could barely finish 1/2 of their waffles! Fire, then a tornado took away that yummy place.

That’s funny... until hipsters and millennial I always thought brunch was something your 70 year old grandparents made you get dressed up to do..

I imagine in the south burbs of Chicago .. to this day, if you ordered a mimosa at a breakfast place you’d get “really? There’s kids here.. why don’t you wait till 6 at night and you can get lit up all you want.”

Reactions: BoilerBloodline
That’s funny... until hipsters and millennial I always thought brunch was something your 70 year old grandparents made you get dressed up to do..

I imagine in the south burbs of Chicago .. to this day, if you ordered a mimosa at a breakfast place you’d get “really? There’s kids here.. why don’t you wait till 6 at night and you can get lit up all you want.”

The Football teams back then were fairly common at Bryant’s..... Those big boys could do some real damage at the buffet tables.....lol!

That's crazy...Not to pick at an old scab - but this is where Mitch Daniels and the BoT failed. He sat in that stadium week after week - watched attendance drop, watched the program fall - and he didn't make a change.

Of course - he's the President of the University - not an Athletic Director - but.... for goodness sake - don't you just send someone (with a football mind) over there to poke around and see what the heck is going on. If it was that much of a mess - I would have thought someone with a football mind would have sorted it out quickly.

I think Mitch was in denial that there was a problem (probably getting that from Burke) - and he let the problem fester for too long (at least 1 year too long, I think 2 years). I would expect that when he retires and people ask him about mistakes he made - there is a chance this makes the list.

Good news that the new coaches are working hard. It will take some time - but if we are at least moving up in trajectory - that will be great.
Not sure I can agree with your assessment. There were a lot if pieces to fall in place starting with selection of a new AD. Norm

It was up the road a little bit. Near the cemetery and across from that Great Lakes chemical place. The Oaks was another great restaurant even further west on 52 that was a lower priced buffet that also suffered. from a fire.

It was up the road a little bit. Near the cemetery and across from that Great Lakes chemical place. The Oaks was another great restaurant even further west on 52 that was a lower priced buffet that also suffered. from a fire.
Oaks was decent but not in the same area code as Morris Bryant when comparing quality or scope of menu. Our wedding rehearsal dinner was there. I see buffet as a description of Morris Bryant but it was so much more than today's buffets more along the line of a Swedish smorgasbord.

The Oaks was a family style buffet. No, it was not in the same class as Morris Bryant. I liked it. Morris Bryant was known for its Sunday Brunch, but didn't it also have fine individual entrees and dinners? I also thought it served some very good BBQ ribs.

Reactions: Dandelion1972
Morris Bryant was out of my price range as a student, but my parents took us there a few times on visits to WL. My brother and I frequented Duff's in Lafayette for a $2.99 2500+ calorie meal. It was a great people-watching place, too - not unlike people-watching at a Lafayette BMV or Walmart.

SIBoiler2 said:
Morris Bryant was on the NW corner of US 2 and Morehouse Road where you turn to go to Tippecanoe Memory Garden.
-================

You're right, 52 and Morehouse road.

My uncle (and coincidentally MP's uncle) took us to Morris Bryant (50 years ago) since we couldn't afford it. Friday night was all-you-could-eat-seafood.

The FB team stayed in the rooms behind the restaurant on Friday nights before home FB games.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
SIBoiler2 said:
Morris Bryant was on the NW corner of US 2 and Morehouse Road where you turn to go to Tippecanoe Memory Garden.
-================

You're right, 52 and Morehouse road.

My uncle (and coincidentally MP's uncle) took us to Morris Bryant (50 years ago) since we couldn't afford it. Friday night was all-you-could-eat-seafood.

The FB team stayed in the rooms behind the restaurant on Friday nights before home FB games.
Went to The Bryant on Saturday night -fun place and the food is really good!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT