ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like we're going to see a lot more of Danny Sprinkle in the future

Just saw that. He could be a great addition to the league.

I wonder if the discussions had any impact on USU's preparation for yesterday's game.

This season he displayed the top attribute I'd be looking for in a coach in today's college basketball world. He managed to literally start with nothing and put together a team that achieved a high level of success for the program he was taking over. With transfer portal, I think that ability is necessary in most circumstances because you almost have to re-recruit your team every season.

I also admire the fact that he was gracious in defeat yesterday and didn't go all Crybaby Collins. Said the officials did a good job and that the fouls they called were probably all/mostly justified.

Last edited:
Apparently yesterday when Vanderbilt hired Mark Byington from James Madison, the posted tweet had a pic of Sprinkle instead of Byington. I wonder if it was down to those 2.

Man these things happen fast, don't they?

Apparently yesterday when Vanderbilt hired Mark Byington from James Madison, the posted tweet had a pic of Sprinkle instead of Byington. I wonder if it was down to those 2.

I think NIL and the transfer portal has really ramped the urgency to get coaching jobs filled. Go a few weeks without a coach (hello Louisville) and you might lose all your good players and a lot of your potential incoming transfers may already be off the board.

Wow, another coach plays Purdue in the tournament, looks good , and gets a new job within a week of playing us. Isn’t this the third coach in 5 years that did this?

Wow, another coach plays Purdue in the tournament, looks good , and gets a new job within a week of playing us. Isn’t this the third coach in 5 years that did this?
Playing PU (and not looking good by the way) had absolutely nothing to do with this hire. Zero, zilch.

Reactions: Professor Emeritus
Playing PU (and not looking good by the way) had absolutely nothing to do with this hire. Zero, zilch.
I guess you have inside info.

The facts remain. A lot of young coaches have recently changed jobs after playing Purdue in the tourney. Those of us who look at trends notice these actions

I guess you have inside info.

The facts remain. A lot of young coaches have recently changed jobs after playing Purdue in the tourney. Those of us who look at trends notice these actions
No inside info, just some good old common sense.

Utah State plays PU on Sunday afternoon and gets the absolute doors blown off them and less than 24 hours later he's announced as the Washington coach. Do you really think that our game with them on Sunday had ANYTHING to do with him getting that job? Just let that sit for a second and think about it.

No inside info, just some good old common sense.

Utah State plays PU on Sunday afternoon and gets the absolute doors blown off them and less than 24 hours later he's announced as the Washington coach. Do you really think that our game with them on Sunday had ANYTHING to do with him getting that job. Just let that sit for a second and think about it.

My point was this is not the first time a team has played Purdue and their coach has almost immediately left their school for a much better job.

Sure. The coach probably had already initiated contact with his new school that hired him. But their coaching job in the tourney may have secured the deal.

It does seem like more than a coincidence. I have no proof or inside info. But sometimes trends are obvious where common sense says no.

Ever watch Miracle on 34th Street? Sometimes faith takes over for common sense. It’s the season

My point was this is not the first time a team has played Purdue and their coach has almost immediately left their school for a much better job.

Sure. The coach probably had already initiated contact with his new school that hired him. But their coaching job in the tourney may have secured the deal.

It does seem like more than a coincidence. I have no proof or inside info. But sometimes trends are obvious where common sense says no.

Ever watch Miracle on 34th Street? Sometimes faith takes over for common sense. It’s the season
I was not commenting on any other coaches. You said:
"Wow, another coach plays Purdue in the tournament, looks good , and gets a new job within a week of playing us".

That is what I'm responding to. In this case, him getting whipped by PU had nothing to do with him getting the Washington job within 24 hours. Washington was just waiting until his tournament was over to announce it, pretty simple.

Conspiracy theorist mentality.
Isn’t that what we are all supposed to be today? Forget the facts! Bring out the conspiracy theories! Look at the headlines! Look at the media. I’m just trying to be just like every journalist /reporter! dakash is my hero!

Drake Coach Devries gets WVA job

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT