ADVERTISEMENT

Great season Boilers

I didn't expect to win this one. I expected it to at least be close. Getting out rebounded by a big margin I didn't expect. Also only 5 three point attempts is criminal. Had some open looks that we refused to take.

Reactions: pboiler18
I didn't expect to win this one. I expected it to at least be close. Getting out rebounded by a big margin I didn't expect. Also only 5 three point attempts is criminal. Had some open looks that we refused to take.
Pretty hot take. There were a few where they could have pulled the trigger on contested threes but very few of the open looks they normally get.

I really wasn’t expecting to win this game either. When UCONN announced their starting lineup listing their guards’s sizes, I said oh boy we are in trouble.

Fun year. I'm not

…. Sorry they couldn't help out Edey more. Feel bad for him.
As has been said elsewhere on these threads, this was a game between NBA-level talent, versus very solid college underclassmen.

Theo is ZERO shame in losing to this guys— my only issue is that so many of the media pricks were right— FOR ONCE

The difference in the game is 5 3-point makes and that's all. I don't see this as us being that far away from the goal. If the newbies can bring athleticism, shot-making, and tenacity on defense, the pieces are there. Just need to find a way to navigate life without Edey.

Even getting out-rebounded like we did, we lost by 5 made shots from behind the arc - no reason to start all over. If we rebound like we had all year, this is potentially a pick 'em. Not saying we would have won, but it certainly makes things closer.

I really think this could be a final four team next year. Good freshman coming in. TKR is gonna be a beast. Heide and Colvin are gonna make this team athletic. Braden and Loyer are gonna continue to get better.

Great season! UConn was better, but that does not take away from what this team accomplished. Each young man on the team deserves a ton of credit and should hold his head up high.

As far as the program, I feel like this season took it to a different level in terms of perception, which should help in recruiting. The hope is that this success translates into a stronger program with lower valleys and higher peaks.

One thing I will add is that our future is extremely bright when we have under class men doing this against NBA level talent:

nba-plain--5b6b1782-2ab1-4ab1-841b-91b163cb3589.jpeg

And he made it look easy.

This was a dream season, beating UCONN would have taken a 100% perfect game and we didn't have that. If we played them 10 times we maybe win 2 or 3 at most, maybe 1. I's so proud of this team. Painter has the Final Four monkey off his back, the recruiting pipeline is FULL of talent and this isn't the end of the story. Celebrating this year and already looking forward to next.

One thing I will add is that our future is extremely bright when we have under class men doing this against NBA level talent:

nba-plain--5b6b1782-2ab1-4ab1-841b-91b163cb3589.jpeg

And he made it look easy.
I yelled so loud, my wife got mad at me for potentially waking up the kids 😆

That was something else and if cam can make that sophomore leap…he’s going to be absolutely special. I hope he gets more aggressive in looking for his shot/taking it to the hole next year.

Looks like this is going to end not the way we had hoped but it still doesn't take away what a magical run this has been this year.

With the talent coming in I have little doubt this will not be the last time we are in this title game.
Counted at least 6 fouls on Edey last night

I really think this could be a final four team next year. Good freshman coming in. TKR is gonna be a beast. Heide and Colvin are gonna make this team athletic. Braden and Loyer are gonna continue to get better.
I think we're two years away from another FF unless one of the young guys blows up. Really solid Big Ten team next year built around Braden, Fletch and Trey that can contend for a BTT and a 3 or 4 seed.

Having said that, who knows? Land a three seed and maybe you make a run.

Reactions: Ajas0810 and BBG
Counted at least 6 fouls on Edey last night
Just because there’s contact, doesn’t mean it’s a foul. That’s not how basketball works. Don’t give us that 🤡 take.

You also count the missed calls on Clingan vs Edey? You notice Zach played through that contact in the first half and dropped 16 on a projected lotto pick? Did you see the dunk he had on clingan?

Did you count the fouls onUConn’s guards vs our guards that weren’t called? Or what about the missed multiple travels by uconn?

Yeah bet you didn’t cuz you just want to hate on a kid who you won’t admit is really good.

I think we're two years away from another FF unless one of the young guys blows up. Really solid Big Ten team next year built around Braden, Fletch and Trey that can contend for a BTT and a 3 or 4 seed.

Having said that, who knows? Land a three seed and maybe you make a run.

If a team has the right mix and coach and turns it on, you never know.

Connecticut was a #4-seed last season ('23).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just because there’s contact, doesn’t mean it’s a foul. That’s not how basketball works. Don’t give us that 🤡 take.

You also count the missed calls on Clingan vs Edey? You notice Zach played through that contact in the first half and dropped 16 on a projected lotto pick? Did you see the dunk he had on clingan?

Did you count the fouls onUConn’s guards vs our guards that weren’t called? Or what about the missed multiple travels by uconn?

Yeah bet you didn’t cuz you just want to hate on a kid who you won’t admit is really good.
Edey should be player of year bud.

This was the most enjoyable season ever! Thank you CMP, the staff and the players for all the great moments and thrills that you gave us! We witnessed history this year and look forward to winning it all next season. The future is bright and can't wait for 24/25 already. Go Boilers!

This was the most enjoyable season ever! Thank you CMP, the staff and the players for all the great moments and thrills that you gave us! We witnessed history this year and look forward to winning it all next season. The future is bright and can't wait for 24/25 already. Go Boilers!
this was a tremendously great season that brought tons of joy and there's nothing to be ashamed about. Actually, I was more bummed out and had the blues by the loss vs Virginia due to us giving that one away vs last nights performance

Reactions: Schnelk
this was a tremendously great season that brought tons of joy and there's nothing to be ashamed about. Actually, I was more bummed out and had the blues by the loss vs Virginia due to us giving that one away vs last nights performance

Oh, yeah, 2019 vs. UVA in the E8 was much tougher for me, too. To have that game in hand and then suddenly not was gut-wrenching.

Last night's loss was rough, but UConn was clearly the superior team. Plus, we were already in the FF and won the semi-final game.

• Love
Reactions: Schnelk and tjreese
The difference in the game is 5 3-point makes and that's all. I don't see this as us being that far away from the goal. If the newbies can bring athleticism, shot-making, and tenacity on defense, the pieces are there. Just need to find a way to navigate life without Edey.

Even getting out-rebounded like we did, we lost by 5 made shots from behind the arc - no reason to start all over. If we rebound like we had all year, this is potentially a pick 'em. Not saying we would have won, but it certainly makes things closer.
Perhaps, but I don’t see it as them just making more 3s. Purdue never really got into the lane to shrink the D. Purdue never kept them out of the lane which was the single biggest problem in my eyes. Many scrambles on loose balls and rebounds led to open looks for them. They got all the 50/50 balls and controlled the boards. Others can hold a different opinion which is fine.

Reactions: BoilerJS
Great season, and by all accounts, the players are good guys. There's a great story in The Athletic about how Edey reached out to Berg earlier this year (or maybe last year) when Berg was feeling homesick for his father in Sweden.

It's disappointing that Zach gets so much hate because he seems like a really good guy who just wants to win.

Reactions: tjreese and DrEss
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT