ADVERTISEMENT

Life on the Road

tenwest

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
I can’t tell what the Northwestern crowd is chanting at Shannon. Hummel is not helping any either.

I can’t tell what the Northwestern crowd is chanting at Shannon. Hummel is not helping any either.
The first time he went to the line it was very loud and Robbie and the other guy weren’t saying anything. Then he missed and the students quieted down…almost if someone told them not to say it but then it got a little louder toward the end of Shannon’s 2nd shot but he made it.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Don’t forget Hawkins trying to chase down Berry at the end of the game looking for a fight.

Thought it was weird that Illinois was still pressing/trying down 10 with <10 seconds.

Does Hawkins know he can use his nose to breathe?
LOL, I was thinking the whole game, does this guy every shut his mouth?

On a side note, sometimes our guys get upset with calls. But after watching Nw/ILL and Auburn/Alabama yesterday. Good lord, both games were cry fests. Hawkins cries about everything. This dude on Auburn was aggressively arguing with the refs consistently and Pearl was too. I get upset with calls, but I feel like the guys on the floor should have it together more, I'm shocked the auburn player didn't get a tech.

Players will follow their coach’s lead / example, unless managed not to. All four of those coaches are whiners themselves.

Reactions: tjreese

On a side note, sometimes our guys get upset with calls. But after watching Nw/ILL and Auburn/Alabama yesterday. Good lord, both games were cry fests. Hawkins cries about everything. This dude on Auburn was aggressively arguing with the refs consistently and Pearl was too. I get upset with calls, but I feel like the guys on the floor should have it together more, I'm shocked the auburn player didn't get a tech.
Yes, the Auburn player was over the top. Those refs lost control of that game early and never got it back. I thought there would be a fight for sure.

That foul call against Bama on that 3 with like 12 seconds left was absolute crap. Dude just flung his limbs out all over gunning for it.

Let’s not get to ahead of ourselves as we head to the RAC on Saturday. We haven’t had much luck there recently and against them either. They are searching for a signature win to right their sinking ship….

No way Purdue loses on Saturday, Beef.....you can take that to the bank!

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk
Until someone swoops in and offers more NIL. That’s what happened with Cam Spencer. Almost happened with Mag too.

I was perusing Bart Torvik's player of the year metrics and Cam Spencer was like #7 on his list. My perception of him at Rutgers was he wasn't anywhere near that good. Was thinking he was just a good shooter but whenever I watch UCONN this year he is just making plays. Amazing what 25 year olds can do against 18 and 19 year olds lol

I was perusing Bart Torvik's player of the year metrics and Cam Spencer was like #7 on his list. My perception of him at Rutgers was he wasn't anywhere near that good. Was thinking he was just a good shooter but whenever I watch UCONN this year he is just making plays. Amazing what 25 year olds can do against 18 and 19 year olds lol
He has been quite good and he’s still a young 23! 😂 but agreed that it does help he has been around for awhile. Crazy how he started for rutgers and then UConn and was able to integrate so easily. He really gives them that outside shooting dynamic and is solid on defense and operates well in their offense. Would love to see how we matchup with them….but not until way late in the tourney haha

He has been quite good and he’s still a young 23! 😂 but agreed that it does help he has been around for awhile. Crazy how he started for rutgers and then UConn and was able to integrate so easily. He really gives them that outside shooting dynamic and is solid on defense and operates well in their offense. Would love to see how we matchup with them….but not until way late in the tourney haha
Yeah, I really, really hope we play them in the tourney! 😎

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT