ADVERTISEMENT

Last crack at Dickinson?

just my observation .... you seem to be picking a fight to fit your narrative.
It’s the whole point I am making and others are either misunderstanding it or twisting it. We have made it to the elite 8 without an athletic big and never have done it with. That’s the only point I am making and people are losing their minds. It’s a fact. I’m just stating a fact. Sure lots of people did it in the 60’s 70’s and 80’s, but the game has changed.

And you have no original thoughts so you just result to calling someone a troll. Telltale sign you either can’t refute or are too lazy to try.

Yawn. Get another line, you were boring to start, now you’re boring and repetitive.

It’s the whole point I am making and others are either misunderstanding it or twisting it. We have made it to the elite 8 without an athletic big and never have done it with. That’s the only point I am making and people are losing their minds. It’s a fact. I’m just stating a fact. Sure lots of people did it in the 60’s 70’s and 80’s, but the game has changed.
LOL. No one is losing their mind. You simply aren't making sense. The only "fact" is your arguments are dishonest and/or simple-minded in 2019. No twisting and turning by you will change that. Sorry.

LOL. No one is losing their mind. You simply aren't making sense. The only "fact" is your arguments are dishonest and/or simple-minded in 2019. No twisting and turning by you will change that. Sorry.
You still haven’t answered me.

CMP obviously prefers size and skill over raw athleticism. Hence offering Dickinson and not Powell.

I’m honestly starting to really admire his tenacity though. It’s to the point where I almost want to believe he’s sincere but he’s just a little too over the top to be believable. I hope he’s having fun with this.

Um, yes I did. Reading comprehension failure, too? The list grows...
What Painter/Keady team made the elite 8 with a slow big man? I don’t believe you answered this? Side note, personal attacks usually mean you know you are losing the argument.

CMP obviously prefers size and skill over raw athleticism. Hence offering Dickinson and not Powell.
People can agree or disagree, but Painter's belief is: "Everybody looks at ‘talent, but talent is overrated if someone is not going to play within the limits of what they can and cannot do."

What Painter/Keady team made the elite 8 with a slow big man? I don’t believe you answered this? Side note, personal attacks usually mean you know you are losing the argument.
There is no argument from you. lol

I’m honestly starting to really admire his tenacity though. It’s to the point where I almost want to believe he’s sincere but he’s just a little too over the top to be believable. I hope he’s having fun with this.
:D Keeps him off the streets.

:D Keeps him off the streets.
There’s no convincing you. I’m not wasting any more time on it. I provided facts and all you have done is lob personal insults and opinion. We’ve made it with athletic. We haven’t made it with big slow. Maybe we could with big slow, but we have made it with athletic. You can dance around it all you want, but those are the facts.

Please cite the number of times we have made the elite 8 in the last 30 years. It is such a small sample size that you can’t possibly declare any trends.
He literally is talking about the Player of the year in Big Dog and a player in Edwards who had the best tournament in history.

Brian Cardinal team in 2000. McQuay brothers were our bigs.

Pretty sure that 6’7’’ Greg McQuay was the only McQuay on that particular team. Wouldn’t really call him a “big”. Only true “big” on the team was John Allison... but by far the main players of that team were Cardinal, Cornell, Robinson and Cunningham

Brian Cardinal team in 2000. McQuay brothers were our bigs.
If we get HD he will not be the focus of our offense just like the 3 teams you talked about. We have athletic wings and guards that can fill voids. I trust CMP and think he would figure things out. I know you possibly can't think you actually know more than CMP and Williams? The guy is a top 35 player!

If we get HD he will not be the focus of our offense just like the 3 teams you talked about. We have athletic wings and guards that can fill voids. I trust CMP and think he would figure things out. I know you possibly can't think you actually know more than CMP and Williams? The guy is a top 35 player!
I agree with this. You make a good point about our guards and wings. I do think they are more athletic than we have had as a whole.

He literally is talking about the Player of the year in Big Dog and a player in Edwards who had the best tournament in history.
I'll borrow arcb's logic example as a demonstration of this silliness:

The last time we reached the Final Four, our big, slow center (called "The Aircraft Carrier" by the media) did not use a cell phone. That is a FACT!

So we should forbid our centers from using cell phones. Then we'll reach a Final Four.

Reactions: IUhaterade
I'll borrow arcb's logic example as a demonstration of this silliness:

The last time we reached the Final Four, our big, slow center (called "The Aircraft Carrier" by the media) did not use a cell phone. That is a FACT!

So we should forbid our centers from using cell phones. Then we'll reach a Final Four.
northside, this would be an example of trolling.

northside, this would be an example of trolling.
No, it's an example of your attempt at logic as noted by one of the more logical long-time posters on this board. I also note that you did not respond to his post.

No, it's an example of your attempt at logic as noted by one of the more logical long-time posters on this board. I also note that you did not respond to his post.
You got butthurt and started trolling. Come on, you’re “logical long-time poster”. You can do better than that. You seriously have to go back 40 years to find your example. Game may have changed a little bit in that time frame. Be better man.

I can’t believe there is anyone who doesn’t want a top 40 player to come to Purdue. There is a contingent that constantly bash Painter for not getting highly rated guys despite the fact that Purdue has finished in top 3 in B1G 9 out of last 12 years and top 2 seven of those with only maybe 2 or 3 top 40 guys (Etwaun Moore, Swanigan, and I think JJ was around there). Id love to get Dickinson. He won’t hurt as long as he’s a good teammate and keeps the good chemistry going. I see Haas being talked about as a reason why you don’t want Dickinson but I fully believe that we would not have had the success we had without him. Despite some defensive deficiencies, he was a dominant force on offense and an engaging personality. Dickinson may be better than Haas, maybe not but I would like to get him to Purdue and find out

You got butthurt and started trolling. Come on, you’re “logical long-time poster”. You can do better than that. You seriously have to go back 40 years to find your example. Game may have changed a little bit in that time frame. Be better man.
FACTS! My post was filled with FACTS!

You deny them?

I can’t believe there is anyone who doesn’t want a top 40 player to come to Purdue. There is a contingent that constantly bash Painter for not getting highly rated guys despite the fact that Purdue has finished in top 3 in B1G 9 out of last 12 years and top 2 seven of those with only maybe 2 or 3 top 40 guys (Etwaun Moore, Swanigan, and I think JJ was around there). Id love to get Dickinson. He won’t hurt as long as he’s a good teammate and keeps the good chemistry going. I see Haas being talked about as a reason why you don’t want Dickinson but I fully believe that we would not have had the success we had without him. Despite some defensive deficiencies, he was a dominant force on offense and an engaging personality. Dickinson may be better than Haas, maybe not but I would like to get him to Purdue and find out
He would be a good addition. I just think Kalkbrenner would have fit better.

Reactions: C'ville Boiler
I think people are discrediting Dickinson by not being athletic. Kid can run and play. You don’t get that high of a ranking without being able to do those things.

At the end of the day, he is more Teske than Haas.

Beef, no offense as I understand the reference to Teske but I hate it.

First, Teske couldn’t carry Issac Haas’ ginormous jock strap. Michigan has done well with Teske at center but by no means because they have Teske at center. He seems like a good kid and he’s by all accounts worked hard to make himself a good player, but he’s just not all that gifted.

Second, for the reasons listed above any comparison of Hunter to Teske sells HD short. HD is a guy you can win not just with, but because of, and Painter knows how to feature those guys. Teske will not be featured at UM and I don’t think their offense will run through their bigs, despite what the new coach there may tell him.

Cell phones have nothing to do with performance and you know it. “Logical long-term poster” got butthurt and reached. You can do better.
Ah, but that's your opinion. These are FACTS!

Correlation.

Look it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT