ADVERTISEMENT

Last 2 min...

I’ll do better in recognizing them for sure thanks for the heads up
Sadly we have too many that flood here for the mods to keep up. I used to be critical of them but the free board doesn't get a lot of attention and that is just the way it is.

That aside, I am looking forward to the rest of the season and watching this entire team grow.

Lol, spoken like someone trying to cover that he isn't a Boiler.

Oh and a mod will know if you're using more than one account because he can literally see the same IP and what registration info used I am betting.

Your act has been outed by the mods.

Sorry- one more post since you have blind faith that the mod is telling the truth. I completely realize that he can see IP addresses. I said he wouldn’t be able to prove it because this is legitimately the only username I have ever used on here. If he thinks he can prove that I use more than one name then I invite him to try.

Geez. Been posting on here for years and I had never been accused of using multiple usernames or being an IU fan until now. When you guys turn on someone you do it fast. My guess is the mod is going to say it is not worth his time... but it is funny/sad that he can make 1 false statement and have everyone believing it. That is why I am not going to post on here anymore. When you have a mod making up stuff about posters to make them look bad... that is very manipulative behavior and I would not have thought that a supposedly respectable fellow Purdue fan would have stooped to it. Whatever any of you think about me...this was not the way to go about it. I hope you all do not do this to any Purdue fans in the future. I will be spreading the word. Purdue fans will know what happens to Purdue fans that dare to criticize the mod.

Sorry- one more post since you have blind faith that the mod is telling the truth.
Considering who the mod is, yeah he's telling the truth. You say that you have been posting here for years, yet in four years you have what 300 posts? I have more than that in just over a year so that alone suggests you have more than one account.

Basically you are protesting so much about it, all you're doing is further supporting the mod's comment. Now, do what you said you were going to do and leave and post on one of your other IDs.

Considering who the mod is, yeah he's telling the truth. You say that you have been posting here for years, yet in four years you have what 300 posts? I have more than that in just over a year so that alone suggests you have more than one account.

Basically you are protesting so much about it, all you're doing is further supporting the mod's comment. Now, do what you said you were going to do and leave and post on one of your other IDs.

I do not have any other ID’s and I am not going to create one. Is there a number of posts that someone has to have to be a legitimate account? I have gone long periods without making any posts and when I am busy I mostly read and do not post.

The mod fabricated the idea that I have more than 1 username. Plain and Simple. He knows that he lied. He could easily prove that what he said is true if he wanted to.

I do not have any other ID’s and I am not going to create one. Is there a number of posts that someone has to have to be a legitimate account? I have gone long periods without making any posts and when I am busy I mostly read and do not post.

The mod fabricated the idea that I have more than 1 username. Plain and Simple. He knows that he lied. He could easily prove that what he said is true if he wanted to.
Still here I see. Might want to stop now because your argument is falling apart.

The mod gains nothing but a headache in making his statement and has no reason to lie about it. Period. Plus it's been proven enough anyway.

Only reason I am harping on it is because you're making it such a grand exit and calling someone a liar that clearly isn't. Run along now, like you said you were going to and stop derailing threads. I'm done responding to you either way.

Last edited:
How has it been otherwise proven? I suppose you know what my “other”username is then? This is so stupid!

How has it been otherwise proven? I suppose you know what my “other”username is then? This is so stupid!
Last response to you. Just wanted to point out that while you said you were leaving, you have yet to follow through on your word after you made such a dramatic spectacle of it. Now, I'm out!

Reactions: Inspector100
Last response to you. Just wanted to point out that while you said you were leaving, you have yet to follow through on your word after you made such a dramatic spectacle of it. Now, I'm out!

Don’t worry- I am. But you have also said it was your last response to me more that once so that is clear hypocrisy. Jed Wilkinson is a liar and until he apologizes to me or offers proof that I am using more than 1 account I will make sure that any Purdue fan I come across knows he is a liar.

Don’t worry- I am. But you have also said it was your last response to me more that once so that is clear hypocrisy. Jed Wilkinson is a liar and until he apologizes to me or offers proof that I am using more than 1 account I will make sure that any Purdue fan I come across knows he is a liar.
OMG! That’s a pretty scary threat. Let us know when you bump into another Boiler fan in your normal social circles. Do t worry, I won’t hold my breath.

:cool:

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
OMG! That’s a pretty scary threat. Let us know when you bump into another Boiler fan in your normal social circles. Do t worry, I won’t hold my breath.

:cool:
It's kinda funny, I have never seen someone that said they were leaving stick around so much.

It's kinda funny, I have never seen someone that said they were leaving stick around so much.

I havn’t at any point actually said “this is my final post/response” like you have multiple times. I will make my final post at a moment of my choosing- not yours.

2 games more to come he missed some crucial shots at that I get it but that isn’t why Purdue lost that game there were many reason that game was lost and not just bcuz none misses a couple shots at the basket. Game 2 that’s enough said
To bring this back on topic, the game for me was lost just because the team lost focus at the end. Not sure why that was, but the three possessions that were turnovers seemed to just deflate the team.

Exactly. You didn't see anything last year, yet you're implying this is a recurring thing. Hypocrite and fake fan.
My concern is, that IS a recurring theme
This year when said upperclassmen needs to be a leader!
This team doesn't lack talent or athletiscm, but it does seem to have a vacuum of on floor leadership. Hopefully Procter can fill that void.

For what it’s worth, a common misconception is that sites can use your IP address to uniquely identify a person. That simply is not the case. IP addresses are shared across multiple people/businesses/residences. The way to uniquely identify a device is through the MAC address. Furthermore, it’s not easy or cheap to scrape IP address information, and I’m sure a site like GBI doesn’t spend the money there. Lastly, if GBI were to spend that money, they certainly would not provide that information to a random board poster whom they gave moderator privileges to.

It’s also important to keep in mind, most of us log in with different devices (phone, computer, tablets) which all would have a different MAC address. Likewise, the different locations we log in from (home, work, mobile) would all have different IP addresses.

What this means is that the mod has no way of knowing whether @IUhaterade uses multiple accounts or not (unless he/she used the same email).

For what it’s worth, a common misconception is that sites can use your IP address to uniquely identify a person. That simply is not the case. IP addresses are shared across multiple people/businesses/residences. The way to uniquely identify a device is through the MAC address. Furthermore, it’s not easy or cheap to scrape IP address information, and I’m sure a site like GBI doesn’t spend the money there. Lastly, if GBI were to spend that money, they certainly would not provide that information to a random board poster whom they gave moderator privileges to.

It’s also important to keep in mind, most of us log in with different devices (phone, computer, tablets) which all would have a different MAC address. Likewise, the different locations we log in from (home, work, mobile) would all have different IP addresses.

What this means is that the mod has no way of knowing whether @IUhaterade uses multiple accounts or not (unless he/she used the same email).

Thank you for this. I can assure you that there is no proof that I have used the same e-mail address for multiple accounts- as I only have 1 e-mail address that I have ever used since I joined this board. If everything you say is true, it gives some support to my accusation that he lied about me as a way of getting back at me. I am not sure if he is more upset that I asked why there are not more mods, or he is more upset about my conversation with Treed... but it is clear to me that his goal was to use his power to make me look dishonest.

Idk if any of this makes any difference but I use my laptop, my phone and my ipad to access the board- tho it is most often my phone.

Also- there are other people in my house and in my family that use this board. They could have backed me up already but I have been hoping that they would not because then the ones that are saying that it has been proven that I use multiple accounts (when it hasn’t) would just start saying they they are just me on another account.

I know many of you thought that I should be better than to comment on the grammar of another poster... and you were right.

I feel like someone that is a high school teacher and representative of the GBI admin team should be better than making up lies about one of the Purdue fan’s on the board. I somewhat expect it from some of the posters on here that play that card in every thread when they don’t have any actual knowledge of the truth of the matter... but a Mod attempting to use his power to convince other posters of a lie that he started is another thing entirely.

For what it’s worth, a common misconception is that sites can use your IP address to uniquely identify a person. That simply is not the case. IP addresses are shared across multiple people/businesses/residences.
That isn't remotely correct. A residence gets an IP assigned to them by their ISP which will be the same. If you post from any device connected to your home WIFI, that device will also have the same IP address.

If you post from a business then yes you will have the same IP as someone else, but that is also traceable and unless it is a huge company it is not likely to have multiple users posting at the same time in the same manner. Our user/fanbase isn't that big.

An admin can more than likley see your post history with said IP address on each post and determine the frequency. It is not all that difficult to figure out so sorry, your explanation is both not technologically correct, but weak at best. hatrerade has been outed, said he was leaving, yet still ingers trying to convince us all of something we know not to be true.

I'm going to regret this, but the IT guy in me is just compelled to respond to IT stuff.

IPs can certainly be tied to a user. When they used to display them on here I often did a reverse lookup on people to catch them using multiple accounts. Hell I could even track down what city you posted from and did it all with legal interfaces.

So I agree with mcnutt in sofar as to a mod can tell how many IDs are coming from a single IP or any IP a username is tied to.

I have no idea who uses multiple IDs in in h nor do I care. Just saying from a technical point of view it is pretty easy to figure out

Don't flame the messenger! None of this is important in life anyway.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
That isn't remotely correct. A residence gets an IP assigned to them by their ISP which will be the same. If you post from any device connected to your home WIFI, that device will also have the same IP address.

If you post from a business then yes you will have the same IP as someone else, but that is also traceable and unless it is a huge company it is not likely to have multiple users posting at the same time in the same manner. Our user/fanbase isn't that big.

An admin can more than likley see your post history with said IP address on each post and determine the frequency. It is not all that difficult to figure out so sorry, your explanation is both not technologically correct, but weak at best. hatrerade has been outed, said he was leaving, yet still ingers trying to convince us all of something we know not to be true.
You are incorrect. ISPs are where your IP addresses come from at home, but they are not one to one. Your home IP is also many other's home IP. Likewise with your cellphone IP with other users of the same cell service.

No, JDB is not given access to users IP addresses even if GBI were to waste money capturing them (they can't afford it). It's far more likely that JDB thinks he recognizes a similar posting style, and is guessing that @IUhaterade has used another account before. He does not know for sure. That much is guaranteed.

Reactions: IUhaterade

I have not been outed. If what you are saying is correct then the mod could easily offer proof of what info. he is going by. I noticed that you revealed that you aren’t even sure that the mod had this ability but you would rather blindly believe that he does because you want it to be true.

“People will believe a lie because they want it to be true, or are afraid that it is.”

If multiple people in the same house have accounts on here are you always going to assume they are the same person? I can assure you that there are many instances of multiple people on this board living in the same home.

If the mod made the mistake of assuming that one of my relatives was the same person as myself, then I will apologize for calling him a liar.

My concern is, that IS a recurring theme
This year when said upperclassmen needs to be a leader!
This team doesn't lack talent or athletiscm, but it does seem to have a vacuum of on floor leadership. Hopefully Procter can fill that void.
Back on topic because drama of who and who isn't leaving is too high school to keep diddling with.

Anyway, Carsen was most certainly our leader on the floor and someone will step up. We are only two games in and things will work themselves out.

It just might be a bumpy pre-B1G season.

Reactions: Inspector100
I'm going to regret this, but the IT guy in me is just compelled to respond to IT stuff.

IPs can certainly be tied to a user. When they used to display them on here I often did a reverse lookup on people to catch them using multiple accounts. Hell I could even track down what city you posted from and did it all with legal interfaces.

So I agree with mcnutt in sofar as to a mod can tell how many IDs are coming from a single IP or any IP a username is tied to.

I have no idea who uses multiple IDs in in h nor do I care. Just saying from a technical point of view it is pretty easy to figure out

You can't see anyone's IP on here, and as you stated, you can only narrow it down to city/area even if you did know the IP. So to use this as an example of what you are saying....:

Poster A posted from an ATT IP in West Lafayette.
Poster B also posted from the same ATT IP in West Lafayette.

That doesn't even come close to guaranteeing Poster A and B are the same as there could be hundreds of people that share that same ATT IP in West Lafayette.

As an IT (as am I), you should know MAC Address is how you uniquely identify a device/user. JDB has access to neither as GBI would not provide that info to a non GBI employee. JDB is a random message board poster like you and I, not a GBI employee.

Reactions: IUhaterade

Aren’t you still assuming that Multiple ID’s tied to the same IP address are always the same person?

You are incorrect. ISPs are where your IP addresses come from at home, but they are not one to one.
Actually no I am not. If you look on your router from your ISP you are given an IP address, that is what registers at any given site. It doesn't matter who is connected on your internal network because those IPs all come from your internal DHCP which then when surfing the web passes through the gateway which is typically your router which then uses the IP on your router which is assigned by your ISP. And any device on your internal network will register as that IP. Period, end of story.

You really shouldn't try and pass off things you clearly don't know about.

Actually no I am not. If you look on your router from your ISP you are given an IP address, that is what registers at any given site. It doesn't matter who is connected on your internal network because those IPs all come from your internal DHCP which then when surfing the web passes through the gateway which is typically your router which then uses the IP on your router which is assigned by your ISP. And any device on your internal network will register as that IP. Period, end of story.

What about different people that share the same router??

Now you are just making an ass of yourself. Your ISP can assign that same IP to multiple households. That's the point. Educate yourself.

You can't see anyone's IP on here, and as you stated, you can only narrow it down to city/area even if you did know the IP. So to use this as an example of what you are saying....:

Poster A posted from an ATT IP in West Lafayette.
Poster B also posted from the same ATT IP in West Lafayette.

That doesn't even come close to guaranteeing Poster A and B are the same as there could be hundreds of people that share that same ATT IP in West Lafayette.

As an IT (as am I), you should know MAC Address is how you uniquely identify a device/user. JDB has access to neither as GBI would not provide that info to a non GBI employee. JDB is a random message board poster like you and I, not a GBI employee.
Actually yes you still can see IPs on here but I'm not going to get in to how because it opens a can of worms.

I have little doubt that the mods can see IPs because otherwise what would be the point of being a mod?

For your analogy however you are leaving out some key concepts. Both posters would have different IPs sure .. but if the same user logs in to another account... Posts from the same device... They will have the same IP as the original account. That is how it works and I am guessing is the core issue here.

The MAC address of my PC at home isn't going to make it to the internet to begin with. That would be greatly insecure .

Regardless .. .. I don't know if he is using multiple accounts or not, but I also have interacted with JDB enough over my time here and not once has he indicated he would lie about something like that. If so, GBI wouldn't of given him admin privileges.

Moot point for me and is a silly thing to argue anyway.

Now you are just making an ass of yourself. Your ISP can assign that same IP to multiple households. That's the point. Educate yourself.
Umm no, the IPs are DHCP assigned. The same IP running on the same network creates a conflict I mean that is literally why there was an issue of ISPs running out of IPs at one point. Good God you're a Best Buy tech aren't you? You seriously have no idea how any of this works.

Actually yes you still can see IPs on here but I'm not going to get in to how because it opens a can of worms.

I have little doubt that the mods can see IPs because otherwise what would be the point of being a mod?

For your analogy however you are leaving out some key concepts. Both posters would have different IPs sure .. but if the same user logs in to another account... Posts from the same device... They will have the same IP as the original account. That is how it works and I am guessing is the core issue here.

The MAC address of my PC at home isn't going to make it to the internet to begin with. That would be greatly insecure .

Regardless .. .. I don't know if he is using multiple accounts or not, but I also have interacted with JDB enough over my time here and not once has he indicated he would lie about something like that. If so, GBI wouldn't of given him admin privileges.

I do not think you would think it was silly if you were the one being lied about.

DING DING DING! Winner.

True or False.... Students connected to Owen Hall's wifi likely share the same IP?

I 100% guarantee that none of my devices have ever been associated with any other ID except IUHaterade. The other people in this house that use this board have their own devices.

Umm no, the IPs are DHCP assigned. The same IP running on the same network creates a conflict I mean that is literally why there was an issue of ISPs running out of IPs at one point. Good God you're a Best Buy tech aren't you? You seriously have no idea how any of this works.
Again, you're wrong. multiple users/devices can share an IP (ie. students living in a dorm hall connected to the same network).

True or False.... Students connected to Owen Hall's wifi likely share the same IP?
https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-a-public-ip-address-2625974

Educate yourself. Especially this bit:

Public IP addresses differentiate the devices that are plugged into the public internet. Each device that accesses the internet uses a unique IP address.

As BBG stated, that is the issue here that is over your head. He is using the same devices to log in to multiple accounts and getting the same unique IP address. GG.

So yep I turned out being right. You're either not very good at IT or wait, that you haterade on another of your accounts? I'm on to you!

Now that I've provided actual data that proves you wrong, time to stop derailing this thread.

Again, you're wrong. multiple users/devices can share an IP (ie. students living in a dorm hall connected to the same network).

If my sister, girlfriend and mother all lived under the same roof and all used the same wifi- would we all have the same IP?

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-a-public-ip-address-2625974

Educate yourself. Especially this bit:

Public IP addresses differentiate the devices that are plugged into the public internet. Each device that accesses the internet uses a unique IP address.

As BBG stated, that is the issue here that is over your head. He is using the same devices to log in to multiple accounts and getting the same unique IP address. GG.

So yep I turned out being right. You're either not very good at IT or wait, that you haterade on another of your accounts? I'm on to you!

I knew that accusation was coming. I am NOT using the same devices to log into different accounts.

Yes you would.
@Ignacious McNutt This is exactly my point. You can't narrow an IP down to one person. That means JDB has no way of knowing whether @IUhaterade has multiple accounts or not. My office (300+) people has multiple people that post on this site, and we would all appear to have the same IP. When I have friends over, and if we both post from my home network, then we would both share the same IP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT