ADVERTISEMENT

Lance Jones who fills his shoes this year

Watching Phoenix I am reminded how much energy he brought to us last year , who fills that role this year ? Not really sure any of you guys have any thoughts ?
I thought the same thing watching it.. we need another guy who can handle the ball, defend, and shoot like him, that's a tough combo. We are looking at Colvin and Heide, but that seems like a lot to ask.

Yep, Cox and Harris will have to share that responsibility.

Agree CMP has multiple available weapons to go to when he has needs. More flexible roster this year with more possibilities. But the 2-3 we have .....

Cox
Harris
Colvin
Heide
Waddell

Obviously one of the above starts, and that's the main answer, but the rest, as the year goes on CMP learns who is more reliable to get what he wants and minutes will adjust accordingly of above to bring that energy & production.

Last edited:
None of us have seen the freshmen, so hard to say. Don't think its anyone from last year unless it's Heide or perhaps Colv
I thought the same thing watching it.. we need another guy who can handle the ball, defend, and shoot like him, that's a tough combo. We are looking at Colvin and Heide, but that seems like a lot to ask.
Neither of those guys are primary ball handlers. If one of the freshman guards can defend and handle it well enough, that will be plenty. We have lots of other shooters.

Harris without a doubt. From what I have seen he brings the energy and his game seems remarkably close to Jones.
The one thing Lance brought was that smile and his energy , he brought everyone into the game , including his teammates who fed off his energy. We know Braden does and in some respects TKR can , but we need that heart along with the skills .

So with TKR avg. 6.4 points per game and Braden Smith 12 ppg , I see these 2 having to make up half Edey's production of 25 ppg so that's 12.5 ppg between them , putting them at 12 4 and 18 each or 3 baskets extra ppg ....so with Cam Heide coming off 3.4 ppg if he were to bring his to 10 or 12 , I think our team would have adjusted nicely with key players , Braden Cam TKR bringing the energy. .

Lance was such a fun player and a fan favorite. And this has been a fun thread to read with all the memories of what he did.

But with Edey gone, I hardly think "How is Purdue going to replace Lance Jones" is the Boiler's biggest concern. 😎

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Lance was such a fun player and a fan favorite. And this has been a fun thread to read with all the memories of what he did.

But with Edey gone, I hardly think "How is Purdue going to replace Lance Jones" is the Boiler's biggest concern. 😎
I think it is a concern though. Who’s going to be that third guard/wing who can guard, hit a big shot or use their quickness to get to the rim. He took a lot of pressure off our sophomore backcourt last year, which helped them develop. He also guarded the best guard/wing on the other team.

While I agree, replacing the 2 NPOTY/most dominant college player since Shaq is our biggest concern, replacing Lance is pretty big too.

I think it is a concern though. Who’s going to be that third guard/wing who can guard, hit a big shot or use their quickness to get to the rim. He took a lot of pressure off our sophomore backcourt last year, which helped them develop. He also guarded the best guard/wing on the other team.

While I agree, replacing the 2 NPOTY/most dominant college player since Shaq is our biggest concern, replacing Lance is pretty big too.
I think his positive drive and happy leadership will be equally missed.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT