ADVERTISEMENT

Kanon Catchings

I have been saying Catching may be Painters best recruit ever many questioned my assessment. IMO he is only slightly better than Benter right now. But Kanon has a bigger upside. You won't see Benter ranked highly. But he is a top 100 recruit without question. Probably the best passer I have seen in HS and I watched Magic in HS.
"Best passer"....that's the kiss of death. I remember Painter saying that about Morton. I want to see "best scorer" instead.

Until the ink is dry and he's actually putting clothes in his dorm room, no top recruit is safe from the pillaging. I assume the NIL collective is working with Catchings family already to incentivize.

Until the ink is dry and he's actually putting clothes in his dorm room, no top recruit is safe from the pillaging. I assume the NIL collective is working with Catchings family already to incentivize.
Since he is that 5-star that you have always craved, I assumed that you would be leading that NIL effort. Maybe you are, but staying low-key about it. Certainly not your style not to toot your own horn. Painter got him to commit, so no one can blame Painter if Catchings gets a better offer. Now is your opportunity to show us how truly important it is to you.

Since he is that 5-star that you have always craved, I assumed that you would be leading that NIL effort. Maybe you are, but staying low-key about it. Certainly not your style not to toot your own horn. Painter got him to commit, so no one can blame Painter if Catchings gets a better offer. Now is your opportunity to show us how truly important it is to you.
We’re all anxiously awaiting the tweet from “Lenny” or “Bonefish” announcing the signing of Catchings to a six figure NIL deal.

I don’t tweet.
And, all my financial dealings come with confidentiality clauses.
Riiiight. But you obviously are not putting your money where your mouth is, or you wouldn't be whining about someone luring him away with NIL money.

Okay, back to the topic of the thread, Kanon.

Won his sectional title and onto regionals. Looks like they are matched against New Palestine. I don't live in Indiana so don't really follow, are they any good? @New Pal Boiler perhaps you are the local expert?

If he wins, they face either Ben Davis or Cathedral. Will be a tough matchup either way but another way for him to cement himself as the dominant player in the state.

I live in Brownsburg and watched him (Catchings) put on a show the other night against Plainfield. Iv'e seen him 3 times now and he is EXTREMELY SMOOTH. I've also been to see Colvin and I can't remember if it's been mentioned, but he doesn't have the loaded team around him like Catchings does. I think he can prove himself more, if he had a more rounded supporting cast. Also, at the sectional game Tamika Catchings and Brandon Brantley were sitting right behind me. Thought that was kinda neat too.

I live in Brownsburg and watched him (Catchings) put on a show the other night against Plainfield. Iv'e seen him 3 times now and he is EXTREMELY SMOOTH. I've also been to see Colvin and I can't remember if it's been mentioned, but he doesn't have the loaded team around him like Catchings does. I think he can prove himself more, if he had a more rounded supporting cast. Also, at the sectional game Tamika Catchings and Brandon Brantley were sitting right behind me. Thought that was kinda neat too.
I was sitting behind you , did you notice me 🤨

I’m hoping he develops into a carbon copy of Brandon Miller (Ala.). Seems like he has all the tools and if he’s that smooth…

Okay, back to the topic of the thread, Kanon.

Won his sectional title and onto regionals. Looks like they are matched against New Palestine. I don't live in Indiana so don't really follow, are they any good? @New Pal Boiler perhaps you are the local expert?

If he wins, they face either Ben Davis or Cathedral. Will be a tough matchup either way but another way for him to cement himself as the dominant player in the state.
New Pal has some good athletes/football players, and some decent size. Haven’t been to a game this year tho, so can’t speak to how well they will match up with Brownsburg.

Ian Stephens is their best player. His brother Brody passed away of from complications of leukemia back in 2017.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Rivals finally ranked him but at #40. Can’t pull up the actual Rivals page about his update because their website is overloaded.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I always assume Painter has a lot to do with these as he is pretty involved in USA basketball.
He is absolutely involved but don’t think he has 100% discretion on what gets invited or gets picked for various teams. Kanon’s growth in his game certainly helped.

That's the first thing that I noticed in watching him is unbelievably smooth. He can dominate a game and it appears to come so easy like he doesn't even need to turn his motor up or break a sweat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT