ADVERTISEMENT

Just not sure Purdue has enough offensive firepower on the wings and in the backcourt.

Certainly the Boilers are the class of the B10 and are the best chance our league has to have a team make a deep tourney run, but in terms of national title aspirations do you think they have enough offensive firepower? Especially in the backcourt and on the wing? Feels like they are missing maybe one more consistent scorer/shooter. Thoughts?
I personally see this team in the 10-15 range nationally, so I’d be happy with a S16 or elite 8 run in the NCAA.

Edey gives us a high floor in every game, but we don’t have as high a ceiling as other teams IMO.

Plus I think our starters will get worn down by the conference season and tournament, especially our 2 freshman guards.

This was supposed to be a reload year anyway.

I personally see this team in the 10-15 range nationally, so I’d be happy with a S16 or elite 8 run in the NCAA.

Edey gives us a high floor in every game, but we don’t have as high a ceiling as other teams IMO.

Plus I think our starters will get worn down by the conference season and tournament, especially our 2 freshman guards.

I think that was pretty reasonable before the season. I also think had Purdue dropped some close ones instead of winning that it would be reasonable today. I think Purdue's distance in the tourney is a funciton of the whistle. Is it a skillful or quick whistle inside and out...or just one area? Is it a slow more athletic whistle inside and out...or just one area. Purdue hopes for a quicker whistle along a skillful call...AND inside and out. Not getting that and something less I think Purdue is harder to beat this year than some previous...meaning it is a bit more versatile to attack no matter the whistle, but keeping out of a wrestling match helps Purdue IMO

The question is, will Purdue reach their ceiling this year? If they do, is it enough to get that final four or not?

The question is, will Purdue reach their ceiling this year? If they do, is it enough to get that final four or not?
The key for Purdue is turnovers/ball control, defense and 3 point shooting.

Turnovers - below 17% of possessions
Defense - below 1 point per possession (probably need 0.92)
3 point shooting - above 33%

I could see us as a 2 seed, losing to a more talented 3 seed (Arizona, Tennessee) in the S16, but playing to our “ceiling”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT