ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Brunk transferring from Butler

You’re old enough to remember when IU was the better basketball program.
In fact, during my life, Purdue has won more games over IU and won more B10 championships. Only in the NCAA has IU done better. But that was a long time ago. :D

Reactions: BBG
You are missing the point. Now, how many players transferred from Butler to IU that the IU fanbase got excited about? And please don't tell us the fanbase isn't excited. We can read.
When you start with a false premise, you really have no point.

You are missing the point. Now, how many players transferred from Butler to IU that the IU fanbase got excited about? And please don't tell us the fanbase isn't excited. We can read.

Excited is not the right word. More like understanding. Brunk fills a need that was a huge issue that plagued the Hoosiers last year; front court depth. The Hoosiers were decimated with lack of availability in the front court. Davis wasn’t 100% at any point during last year and missed 4 or 5 games. Race Thompson was out for all but 6 games. Jerome Hunter didn’t play a minute. And because of that it forced someone like 6’7 Juwan Morgan and 6’7 Justin Smith to play a bulk of the minutes at the 5 and 4. That simply isn’t a winning a formula. Guys like Clifton Moore and Jake Forrester, and even Evan Fitzgerald just weren’t ready for B10 basketball.

Brunk more or less is a trade for Clifton Moore and that’s a trade IU wins every time. Brunk allows for a true platoon system at the 5 and doesn’t force D Davis to play extended minutes that he isn’t capable of playing and allows TJD to play more minutes at the 4 which is his natural position. To call IU fans excited as in Brunk is the missing piece to a F4 team is disingenuous at best and you know better. Most IU fans realize Brunk is an insurance policy with multiple years of eligibility that desperately fills a need the Hoosiers didn’t have last year.

Excited is not the right word. More like understanding. Brunk fills a need that was a huge issue that plagued the Hoosiers last year; front court depth. The Hoosiers were decimated with lack of availability in the front court. Davis wasn’t 100% at any point during last year and missed 4 or 5 games. Race Thompson was out for all but 6 games. Jerome Hunter didn’t play a minute. And because of that it forced someone like 6’7 Juwan Morgan and 6’7 Justin Smith to play a bulk of the minutes at the 5 and 4. That simply isn’t a winning a formula. Guys like Clifton Moore and Jake Forrester, and even Evan Fitzgerald just weren’t ready for B10 basketball.

Brunk more or less is a trade for Clifton Moore and that’s a trade IU wins every time. Brunk allows for a true platoon system at the 5 and doesn’t force D Davis to play extended minutes that he isn’t capable of playing and allows TJD to play more minutes at the 4 which is his natural position. To call IU fans excited as in Brunk is the missing piece to a F4 team is disingenuous at best and you know better. Most IU fans realize Brunk is an insurance policy with multiple years of eligibility that desperately fills a need the Hoosiers didn’t have last year.

No, the right word was originally used.

No, the right word was originally used.

According to whom? Instead of being combative for the sake of arguing, please cite where the majority of IU fans think Brunk is some kind of savior? I haven’t seen one IU fan on this thread who thinks Brunk is going to come in and be a major difference maker, you’re making things up. Most people realize Brunk’s commitment for what it is, an insurance policy and needed depth to a front court who was hit hard with the injury bug last year.

If that’s how you construe excited, then we’ll just have to disagree on the definition.

According to whom? Instead of being combative for the sake of arguing, please cite where the majority of IU fans think Brunk is some kind of savior? I haven’t seen one IU fan on this thread who thinks Brunk is going to come in and be a major difference maker, you’re making things up. Most people realize Brunk’s commitment for what it is, an insurance policy and needed depth to a front court who was hit hard with the injury bug last year.

If that’s how you construe excited, then we’ll just have to disagree on the definition.

Dude... you keep spouting the IU line.

If you're interested in not "being combative for the sake of arguing", stop posting your IU biased drivel.

If you want to play that card, it's up to YOU to "cite where the majority of IU fans (do NOT) think Brunk is some kind of savior."

Yeah... it doesn't work that way.

You're on a Purdue forum.

You have an IU passion. We get it. We also don't care about your ... evidence.

Nor do we care about how much (or how little) Brunk means to you. Don't like what's posted here? Too bad.

Don't think there's evidence to support our laughing at IU? Too bad. Doesn't matter. We'll still do it.

And chuckle at the IU fans looking for validation on the Purdue forum for the stuff we post about you.

Yeah Purdue fans would never get excited about a player transferring in that was the best player on a team that was (to put it bluntly) abysmal. As in 7 wins and the bottom of a very weak League...

Nobody would ever confuse Dartmouth with basketball royalty. But I was surprised to learn that the Big Green have been to as many Final Fours as Purdue...

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/evan-boudreaux-commits.144611

Nobody said "majority of IU fans". Except you. And yes, the IU fans posting on this and their own board are excited. I remember a time when it would not have been true, but today, it's true. A lot of things are different about that program and fan base.

Yeah Purdue fans would never get excited about a player transferring in that was the best player on a team that was (to put it bluntly) abysmal. As in 7 wins and the bottom of a very weak League...

Nobody would ever confuse Dartmouth with basketball royalty. But I was surprised to learn that the Big Green have been to as many Final Fours as Purdue...

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/evan-boudreaux-commits.144611
By trying to change the subject, you are proving my point. You are now trying to argue that IU is copying Purdue and therefore is up to par with Purdue, which of course has not been true for some time now.

Dude... you keep spouting the IU line.

If you're interested in not "being combative for the sake of arguing", stop posting your IU biased drivel.

If you want to play that card, it's up to YOU to "cite where the majority of IU fans (do NOT) think Brunk is some kind of savior."

Yeah... it doesn't work that way.

You're on a Purdue forum.

You have an IU passion. We get it. We also don't care about your ... evidence.

Nor do we care about how much (or how little) Brunk means to you. Don't like what's posted here? Too bad.

Don't think there's evidence to support our laughing at IU? Too bad. Doesn't matter. We'll still do it.

And chuckle at the IU fans looking for validation on the Purdue forum for the stuff we post about you.

You’re talking about an IU commit on a Purdue forum. Whudathunk? And making shit up while you’re at it.

I’m not posting IU related drivel, you clowns let IU live rent free in your head, you constantly have to post about them.

You’re talking about an IU commit on a Purdue forum. Whudathunk? And making shit up while you’re at it.

I’m not posting IU related drivel, you clowns let IU live rent free in your head, you constantly have to post about them.
You do see the irony in your post right? I mean you're an IU fan so expectations are already very low, but even you can see it right? Stop obsessing over every letter we post on here and just go back to your trailer park already.

I love the line too about how we constantly post about Iu yet a quick look shows currently there is ONE thread even closely related to anything iu. Just stop while you're behind.

You do see the irony in your post right? I mean you're an IU fan so expectations are already very low, but even you can see it right? Stop obsessing over every letter we post on here and just go back to your trailer park already.

I love the line too about how we constantly post about Iu yet a quick look shows currently there is ONE thread even closely related to anything iu. Just stop while you're behind.

You literally post the same two things every time. You’re neither funny nor original.

The longest running thread on the front page of a Purdue forum is about an IU grad transfer who’ll be lucky to average 18 minutes a game next year. And you’re calling me obsessive? That’s rich.
No it's about an in-state kid who Purdue had initially shown interest in transferring from Butler. No mention of iu in the title.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
You literally post the same two things every time. You’re neither funny nor original.
Well I have to keep it simple for you, but thanks for proving my point. See I am not posting it to be funny, but rather point out the obsessive nature you have with everything we post on here.

Just look at this post of yours, you are on a RIVALS forum digging through a thread at 7 AMish on a Monday morning. Like I said, stop obsessing already.

Reactions: chaspark
Well I have to keep it simple for you, but thanks for proving my point. See I am not posting it to be funny, but rather point out the obsessive nature you have with everything we post on here.

Just look at this post of yours, you are on a RIVALS forum digging through a thread at 7 AMish on a Monday morning. Like I said, stop obsessing already.

You’re commenting about an Indiana commit on a Purdue forum pre-7AM on a Monday morning. Stop obsessing already.

I re-read his comment 3 times. See no mention of indiana or any of its commits.

You’re both in a thread about an Indiana commit calling an IU fan commenting on said commit obsessive. If you don’t have the mental gymnastics to see the hypocrisy in that I don’t know what else to tell you.

I was already commenting in this thread. You two losers are the ones up at 7AM on a Monday seeking out a posts made about an IU grad transfer on what is the longest running thread on the front page of a Purdue sports forum. Brunk and Purdue showed ZERO mutual interest in each other and yet a month later here is the longest running thread on a Purdue forum. And you guys are calling me obsessive??? Like I said, RENT FREE.

I mean I literally explained it right above. You have really poor reading comprehension and/or attention span.
Can you let me know what time it's ok for me to come read my team's board?

Whenever you’d like Nancy. I know IU is always on your mind and there’s plenty of that here.

You’re commenting about an Indiana commit on a Purdue forum pre-7AM on a Monday morning. Stop obsessing already.
See your problem is that you are missing is that I am not on a rivals forum. I mean how are you so dense that you can't see it?

And as explained to you already, I am commenting on a player Purdue recruited at one time. You're making this more about IU than anyone else.

Good God no wonder you went to Iu. You couldn't get in to any other school and even Ivy Tech would of been a stretch.

Hey IM, remember that Indysomethingsomething guy that used to post here about iu all the time as if we cared? That guy was hilarious. Wonder whatever happened to him. Into the trash heap of history with all the other losers that go on other team's boards I assume.

See your problem is that you are missing is that I am not on a rivals forum. I mean how are you so dense that you can't see it?

And as explained to you already, I am commenting on a player Purdue recruited at one time. You're making this more about IU than anyone else.

Good God no wonder you went to Iu. You couldn't get in to any other school and even Ivy Tech would of been a stretch.

Every time your fingers hit the keyboard a Purdue degree is cheapened. There’s no way you went to a four year university, let alone Purdue. I suppose you’re still at your parents house, posting in-between your mom wiping your ass and while you wait for the bus to school. You aren’t funny. You aren’t clever. And you certainly aren’t bright.

Every time your fingers hit the keyboard a Purdue degree is cheapened. There’s no way you went to a four year university, let alone Purdue. I suppose you’re still at your parents house, posting in-between your mom wiping your ass and while you wait for the bus to school. You aren’t funny. You aren’t clever. And you certainly aren’t bright.
Your back and forth with McNutt has gone from boring to obnoxious. Just step away from the keyboard and let it be.

looks like now I've struck a nerve. Sorry I was offensive to your Ivy Tech degree.

You keep coming up looking the fool on this because it's just so easy to bait someone as obsessed as you. You keep proving me right time and time again and you just are so ignorant you can't see it. I am actually starting to feel sorry for you because it must suck to go through life being an imbecile like you.

I guarantee you've been hitting refresh on this page waiting for me to respond. You can't help yourself though, you're just too obsessed.

That’s rich. I’ve never once initiated a conversation with that tool. Call a spade a spade.
You know you were baited in to your exchange with McNutt right? Even someone like me that is just passing through could see it.

He trolled you, you took the bait and you aren't doing yourself any favors at the moment. Do what mathboy said and move on and stop taking the bait.

And this thread was not started as an IU-related thread. The player in question only announced that he was leaving Butler and this became a speculation thread. But yeah, the IU fan who lives on the Purdue board thinks Purdue fans posting on the Purdue board are obsessed with IU.

Derrik Smits committed to Butler to replace Brunk. Upgrade or even swap? Smits is 7’2” and might be more of a shot blocker even though he averaged 1 a game at Valpo.

Reactions: chaspark
And this thread was not started as an IU-related thread. The player in question only announced that he was leaving Butler and this became a speculation thread. But yeah, the IU fan who lives on the Purdue board thinks Purdue fans posting on the Purdue board are obsessed with IU.
I was going to say- this thread started long before we knew where Joey was going to end up.

Reactions: BoilerAndy

Purdue fans talk about numerous commits, players, programs and coaches on this forum.

It's usually just IU dolts who get their panties in a wad, waiting breathlessly over something with which they can cry over.

Edit:

Another point: This thread was started NOT KNOWING WHERE he would land.

My prediction was OSU due to prior relationship.

Talk about living rent-free... you cannot STAND to not know what Purdue fans might be posting. THAT... is rent-free.

You come up with some dumb@ss stuff sometimes.

Derrik Smits committed to Butler to replace Brunk. Upgrade or even swap? Smits is 7’2” and might be more of a shot blocker even though he averaged 1 a game at Valpo.
He better do something or else Butler's going to be looking for another coach.

Reactions: TX4GB
Guys go to peegs and see the clowns over there, he seems reasonable in comparison. He's actually making a lot of you all look kinda petty. Hopefully this thread can die soon and we can talk more about the new recruits, the current roster getting better throughout summer, and hopefully another IU transfer lol, sorry I couldn't help it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT