ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Manchin considering a run for the White House

He will be rightfully ridiculed if he does. No one is stopping him from putting his name in the hat, of course, and he’s more than welcome to do just that. But it will be futile and short-lived and highlight that he’s become nothing more than a shill.

Edit: he’s also about to turn 77. In what world does he think he would garner any support when one of the main complaints about BOTH Biden and Trump was centered around their ages?

Last edited:
He will be rightfully ridiculed if he does. No one is stopping him from putting his name in the hat, of course, and he’s more than welcome to do just that. But it will be futile and short-lived and highlight that he’s become nothing more than a shill.

Edit: he’s also about to turn 77. In what world does he think he would garner any support when one of the main complaints about BOTH Biden and Trump was centered around their ages?
Being 78 on Inauguration Day didn’t stop the Democrats from voting for Biden 4 yrs ago. Oh and the Democrats didn’t care about age until the last debate (actually the Democrats didn’t care until the polls tanked for old Joe and the Democrats still don’t care that Dementia is still running the country. So the “Trump too old argument” seems futile for them, but I’m sure they’ll spin it like they tend to do)

Being 78 on Inauguration Day didn’t stop the Democrats from voting for Biden 4 yrs ago. Oh and the Democrats didn’t care about age until the last debate (actually the Democrats didn’t care until the polls tanked for old Joe and the Democrats still don’t care that Dementia is still running the country. So the “Trump too old argument” seems futile for them, but I’m sure they’ll spin it like they tend to do)
Which is why I made my edit to my post. Both candidates get raked for their age. Manchin must live in a cave if he doesn’t think that will be front and center. He also moved to be an Independent. Actually it just makes him look like an opportunist.

Like I said, he’s more than welcome to do it, but it would be foolish and I don’t think anyone will really take him seriously. Democrats raised almost $50m yesterday. Not sure he really wants to wade into that.

Another edit: he’s decided not to. One of his wiser moves lately.

Last edited:
Here come the lawsuits..... this is gonna get bad folks, real bad.

They’ve Successfully Replaced Joe Biden on the Ballot — but How is the Next Nominee Going to Get on the Ballot in Two States?

The Heritage Oversight Project Highlighted They Cannot Take Biden off the Democratic Ticket in Two States, for any Reason other than Death or 25th Amendment 👀
Joe Biden did not die, nor has he been removed via the 25th amendment…

🔴 There are Two (Or More) Problematic States Now
• Nevada
• Wisconsin

• Wisconsin: does not allow withdrawal from the ballot for any reason besides death.
—— Biden hasn’t die

• Nevada: no changes can be made to the ballot after 5 p.m. on the fourth Friday in June of an election year or 'a nominee dies or is adjudicated insane or mentally incompetent.
—— It’s past June, and Biden has not died, nor 25th’d

• Georgia: If Biden were to withdraw less than 60 days before the election, his name will remain on the ballot but no votes will be counted.
—— not applied here.

• Texas, the two party's nominees have until the 74th day before the election to withdraw from the ballot.
—— As of today, there are 106 days til election. The next candidate can be added.

• Some states, like South Carolina, do not allow candidates to withdraw for political reasons.
—— This is still up in the air. No indication if they will allow the change.

• Some states don't have any laws on the books for dealing with a presidential nominee withdrawing, and there is little precedent for such a situation occurring.
—— the next two weeks will be interesting

So unless they use the 25th amendment to remove him, or kill him, the next Presidential Nominee won’t be a choice in the next election.

Here come the lawsuits..... this is gonna get bad folks, real bad.

They’ve Successfully Replaced Joe Biden on the Ballot — but How is the Next Nominee Going to Get on the Ballot in Two States?

The Heritage Oversight Project Highlighted They Cannot Take Biden off the Democratic Ticket in Two States, for any Reason other than Death or 25th Amendment 👀
Joe Biden did not die, nor has he been removed via the 25th amendment…

🔴 There are Two (Or More) Problematic States Now
• Nevada
• Wisconsin

• Wisconsin: does not allow withdrawal from the ballot for any reason besides death.
—— Biden hasn’t die

• Nevada: no changes can be made to the ballot after 5 p.m. on the fourth Friday in June of an election year or 'a nominee dies or is adjudicated insane or mentally incompetent.
—— It’s past June, and Biden has not died, nor 25th’d

• Georgia: If Biden were to withdraw less than 60 days before the election, his name will remain on the ballot but no votes will be counted.
—— not applied here.

• Texas, the two party's nominees have until the 74th day before the election to withdraw from the ballot.
—— As of today, there are 106 days til election. The next candidate can be added.

• Some states, like South Carolina, do not allow candidates to withdraw for political reasons.
—— This is still up in the air. No indication if they will allow the change.

• Some states don't have any laws on the books for dealing with a presidential nominee withdrawing, and there is little precedent for such a situation occurring.
—— the next two weeks will be interesting

So unless they use the 25th amendment to remove him, or kill him, the next Presidential Nominee won’t be a choice in the next election.
This article seems to disagree with your post. 🤷‍♂️. I would assume “someone” from the DNC would know this information

This article seems to disagree with your post. 🤷‍♂️. I would assume “someone” from the DNC would know this information

I'm sure, similar to the 2020 election, Democrats have already contacted State Governors and AG's to make sure the State laws will be changed to accommodate them.
State legislatures be damned.

Reactions: TheGunner
Biden was not the Democratic nominee. He was the presumptive nominee. but the delegates had not elected him. I don't think any of this applies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT