ADVERTISEMENT

JJ Weaver

Summy1

Junior
Jun 17, 2015
DE, LB out of Louisville. Just had his 3rd visit to Purdue. Other big programs have offered him- Louisville, Minnesota, ND and Georgia. Nice to see that Brohm is able to compete with big time programs. Purdue has come a long way already.

JJ Weaver moved up on the 247Sports Rankings and the 247Sports Composite to the #21 SDE in the class. That is up from #35. He has done very well on the camp circuit this spring.

It looks like Wiltfong changed his prediction to Purdue during or after Weaver's OV to Purdue. The 247Sports Crystal Ball has Louisville 75% and Purdue now 25%. I would love to see him on the opposite end of the line from Karlaftis. That would be badass and bad news for the QB's of the Big Ten!

After watching him over the weekend playing basketball, I think he ends up inside before it's all said and done.

You don’t move your best pass rushing DE inside. He’ll be a DE all 3 years before he goes pro

Just judging by JJ's height & weight I was thinking maybe he could play the hybrid LB/DE position, but I have not seen him play so I don't know if he is best suited for that or pure DE.

Reactions: nips18
You don’t move your best pass rushing DE inside. He’ll be a DE all 3 years before he goes pro
He’s an incredibly solid DE prospect that Purdue would be incredibly blessed to get his commitment...but why do so many people think every high ranking guy Purdue gets is suddenly an early entree in to the draft?

He’s an incredibly solid DE prospect that Purdue would be incredibly blessed to get his commitment...but why do so many people think every high ranking guy Purdue gets is suddenly an early entree in to the draft?

He’s the only Purdue football prospect ever rated top 15 overall by 247... if it ever was time to predict an early entree, this is it

He’s the only Purdue football prospect ever rated top 15 overall by 247... if it ever was time to predict an early entree, this is it
Nationally Weaver is 298 and 21 at his position...where are you seeing he is a top 15 overall? Unless you think my original post was a JT Karlaftis. In that event, I still don’t see George as being an early entry.

Watching him play. Most dominate player I’ve seen except maybe Kiser who does it against 1A and 2A schools

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT