ADVERTISEMENT

Jacobsen looks smooth

But is he going to have to redshirt. He looks real thin to me for the Big Ten. What do others think?
He seems to get better and better with each new highlight. He reclassed so he’s young, but I think it’ll come down to if he can beat out Berg or Furst. Either way, he’s looking to be the new future of 7 footers that Purdue has grown in the lab…err i mean “recruited”. A mobile big who can catch and shoot the 3 is crazy.

He seems to get better and better with each new highlight. He reclassed so he’s young, but I think it’ll come down to if he can beat out Berg or Furst. Either way, he’s looking to be the new future of 7 footers that Purdue has grown in the lab…err i mean “recruited”. A mobile big who can catch and shoot the 3 is crazy.
Zac shoots 50% what are you talking about

I hope he is good enough to play at least 10 min per game next year so he can learn the speed of the game as fast as possible. He and Burg will need to be the foundation at the 5 for the 2026/27 season.

Next year is a rebuilding year and need to run the freshman as much as possible to see what we have. Wouldnt redshirt anyone unless injury.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I hope he is good enough to play at least 10 min per game next year so he can learn the speed of the game as fast as possible. He and Burg will need to be the foundation at the 5 for the 2026/27 season.

Next year is a rebuilding year and need to run the freshman as much as possible to see what we have. Wouldnt redshirt anyone unless injury.
WTF?? That's a top 20 team from the get go next season.
And TKR may beg to differ on who's manning what for 2026
That said, Jacobson looks ready to play to me. Not gonna be strong enough, but athletic and can shoot it enough that he'll see the floor.

He is going to get hurt at his current weight and strength, he needs some serious muscle, he reminds me of a walking stick. Great moves and tremendous skills, but he is playing 17 and 18 year olds not 21/22 year old players. Proper diet and weights for muscle development, we have plenty of bigs for next year.

WTF?? That's a top 20 team from the get go next season.
And TKR may beg to differ on who's manning what for 2026
That said, Jacobson looks ready to play to me. Not gonna be strong enough, but athletic and can shoot it enough that he'll see the floor.
Yep I think it will be a rebuilding year while everyone determines their roles in prep for the following season. The minimum expectations for me next year is a winning record and make the NCAA tournament in some capacity. Anything more than that for me will be icing on the cake.

Yep I think it will be a rebuilding year while everyone determines their roles in prep for the following season. The minimum expectations for me next year is a winning record and make the NCAA tournament in some capacity. Anything more than that for me will be icing on the cake.
2019 was supposed to be a rebuilding year as well. So was last year.

I personally think that Painter has the program in a place where no season is approached as a rebuilding season.

He is going to get hurt at his current weight and strength, he needs some serious muscle, he reminds me of a walking stick. Great moves and tremendous skills, but he is playing 17 and 18 year olds not 21/22 year old players. Proper diet and weights for muscle development, we have plenty of bigs for next year.
Yeh, he's like Chet Holgren, way too skinny. He'll never make it in the Big 10, much less the nba.

Last edited:
Declare for the draft. I have no idea what the feedback will be.
I’m sure he will test the waters and get that feedback but at best right now he’d be mid second and I’m not sure that’s even the case. He may leave next year tho….but if he’s still projected in the second next year, he should be back for his senior year.

Isn’t Burgess 7 foot? Also, Purdue can also play TKR at Center in a pinch, I’m fine with a redshirt unless he’s that good.

Isn’t Burgess 7 foot? Also, Purdue can also play TKR at Center in a pinch, I’m fine with a redshirt unless he’s that good.
Seem him listed at 6’10 and 6’11, so basically. He looks as mobile as Jacobsen, if not more mobile. Able to take it the length of the court himself and finish.

TKR will start at the 5 next year.

Reactions: oldboiler52
I’m sure he will test the waters and get that feedback but at best right now he’d be mid second and I’m not sure that’s even the case. He may leave next year tho….but if he’s still projected in the second next year, he should be back for his senior year.
pretty much the way I see it too

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Someone posted in another thread that scouts were encouraging him to get an evaluation. I tend to agree with you guys, but I'm not an NBA talent evaluator.

But my original point stands. If Smith returns, I think Purdue will be very good next year. The rebuild will be brief.
He won’t leave this year, but maybe next. The only knock on him is his height I’d say. Not sure he’s really 6 foot. When looking at a mock for 2025, all guards are 6’5+ except for 2 who are 6’2 5 stars (not that stats matter as we all know). We all know how good Braden is and can be, and I want to selfishly see him stay here all 4 with having talent around with Catchings, Heide, Colvin, Harris, Jacobsen, burgess, tkr, Benter, loyer and more!

Reactions: BoilerAndy
How is Purdue rebuilding with the 2nd ranked class coming in Kanon is a great player harris as well and Purdue had 3 guys who didn't play much this year going to play next year no rebuild

Reactions: oldboiler52
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT