ADVERTISEMENT

Ivey going #1

You sure about that?
Yes. They had it on the screen after the lottery picks were set. They said it was based on what they were hearing from the teams with the top 5 picks. Ivey was not in that top 5. I'm sure of it because a buddy called me shortly after and said maybe Ivey would be available at #6 for the pacers based on that projection. So he saw it too.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Yes. They had it on the screen after the lottery picks were set. They said it was based on what they were hearing from the teams with the top 5 picks. Ivey was not in that top 5. I'm sure of it because a buddy called me shortly after and said maybe Ivey would be available at #6 for the pacers based on that projection. So he saw it too.
All projections I’ve seen have him top 4.

edit : found it.

I would love to see this but there’s no way.

Last edited:
While it would be cool for Ivey to go #1, I'd much rather have him go somewhere he can thrive. Seems like the Pacers would be a good fit.

Sam Bowie and some dime a dozen forward types. I have my gold and black colored glasses on. Shadeon Sharpe could jump up there if he has some handles.

#1 odds now that the dust has settled after last night:

Jabari Smith -148
Chet Holmgren +175
Paolo Banchero +550
Jaden Ivey +5000 (still 4th)
I put $ 10 on Ivey a few weeks ago at +5000, I backed it up with a $25 on Smith at even money a week or so ago, my guess is I win $15 profit, was hoping Houston or Detroit got the pick, oh well, hope at least Smith goes #1, it’s not for sure.

No way he falls out of the top 5. If he’s in the board when the Kings pick, I would bet the Pacers make them an aggressive offer to move up 2 spots and grab him.
Pacers need frontcourt help. I don't think they would take Ivey even if he were the best available. Haliburton, Duarte, Hield, and Brogdon are locking down the 1 and 2.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I get the upside potential of Chet but that assumes he can put on enough muscle and weight to play against grown men. I don't think he has the game that KD does and that is the only comparable I can think of.

I think a backcourt with Ivey and Jalen Green could be exciting in Houston. I don't follow the NBA so not sure if that would make them a playoff team in year 1.

Reactions: TX4GB
I get the upside potential of Chet but that assumes he can put on enough muscle and weight to play against grown men. I don't think he has the game that KD does and that is the only comparable I can think of.

I think a backcourt with Ivey and Jalen Green could be exciting in Houston. I don't follow the NBA so not sure if that would make them a playoff team in year 1.
I agree.....out of the top 7 or 8 guys....Holmgren is the one I don't want the Pacers to pick. NBA forwards will break him in half. Lol.

Even though I'm skeptical about Ivey's skill level and decision making. I'd be ok with the Pacers picking him. He has a chance to be special with his athleticism. Plus then they could dump Brogdon. Brogdon is good but I'm just sick of his being hurt or out of the line up constantly. Maybe some team would be willing to part with something decent for him.

Last edited:
Disagree. They are short at least 1-2 explosive perimeter creators from being an NBA title team.
Lol what? Their best players are at the 1-2. If anything they should trade Brogdon and the 6th to try to move up to the 3rd spot to take Banchero or Holmgren.

The Pacers aren’t close to being an NBA title team.

Lol what? Their best players are at the 1-2. If anything they should trade Brogdon and the 6th to try to move up to the 3rd spot to take Banchero or Holmgren.

The Pacers aren’t close to being an NBA title team.
Duarte, Hield, and Brogdon aren’t starters on a championship team. Haliburton could be. They need at least one more explosive perimeter creator to win a title.

Duarte, Hield, and Brogdon aren’t starters on a championship team. Haliburton could be. They need at least one more explosive perimeter creator to win a title.
The pacers don’t have a championship and likely never will. They have a huge need at the 4. It’s not like Myles Turner is a starter on a championship team either. Pacers won’t be taking Ivey unless he falls to 6.

The pacers don’t have a championship and likely never will. They have a huge need at the 4. It’s not like Myles Turner is a starter on a championship team either. Pacers won’t be taking Ivey unless he falls to 6.
If they draft for need instead of going after perimeter creators, they never will win a championship.

You can go get a 4 in any draft. You have to go get an alpha when you have the chance.

If they draft for need instead of going after perimeter creators, they never will win a championship.

You can go get a 4 in any draft. You have to go get an alpha when you have the chance.
Look at the Mavericks. They have a serviceable 4 and 5. Luka and now Brunson makes that team go.

Banchero is an alpha. Why would Sacramento trade their pick if that’s supposedly the mindset of NBA GMs?

The Pacers will likely sit at 6th and take Murray or Sharpe.

Banchero is an alpha. Why would Sacramento trade their pick if that’s supposedly the mindset of NBA GMs?

The Pacers will likely sit at 6th and take Murray or Sharpe.
Banchero is not an alpha. An alpha is a guy
who can bring the ball up and create a shot.

Sacramento is stupid. They traded Haliburton for Domas.

Banchero is not an alpha. An alpha is a guy
who can bring the ball up and create a shot.

Sacramento is stupid. They traded Haliburton for Domas.
Lol that’s a ridiculous definition of an Alpha. Someone inform Jokic he isn’t an alpha because he can’t create his own shot.

Banchero is an alpha. He would be perfect for the Pacers.

Lol that’s a ridiculous definition of an Alpha. Someone inform Jokic he isn’t an alpha because he can’t create his own shot.

Banchero is an alpha. He would be perfect for the Pacers.
How many NBA finals has Jokic played in? Or Joel Embiid?

Newsflash- the NBA playoffs are dominated by perimeter creators, not bigs.

How many NBA finals has Jokic played in? Or Joel Embiid?

Newsflash- the NBA playoffs are dominated by perimeter creators, not bigs.
Lol you always have some sort of excuse. What about Anthony Davis? He has a ring.

The Pacers aren’t trading up to get Ivey. More likely they trade down if Ivey falls to them. The Pacers don’t need another guard.

Lol you always have some sort of excuse. What about Anthony Davis? He has a ring.

The Pacers aren’t trading up to get Ivey. More likely they trade down if Ivey falls to them. The Pacers don’t need another guard.
Anthony Davis was sidecar to a dominant perimeter creator.

“Hey Kevin, should we try to trade up for Jaden Ivey?”

“Nah, Rick, we’ve got Malcolm Brogdon and Buddy Hield!”

Anthony Davis got a ring with Lebron... Shaq didn't get a ring without Kobe or D-Wade. Kobe won two more with Pau Gasol. MJ won 6 rings with nobodies at the 4 and 5 besides Rodman.

Do you need more evidence guards/perimeter players win rings? The Pacers aren't winning an NBA championship with the guards on the roster. Ivey has the potential to be better than any of the guards on the Pacers.

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
Anthony Davis was sidecar to a dominant perimeter creator.

“Hey Kevin, should we try to trade up for Jaden Ivey?”

“Nah, Rick, we’ve got Malcolm Brogdon and Buddy Hield!”
Lol oh so now they have to be the best player on their team? Okay.

Pacers not only have Brogdon and Hield, they also have Duarte and Haliburton. Haliburton can be the perimeter creator you are speaking of. There are many players better suited for the Pacers than Ivey. Ivey will have a great career, but it won’t be on the Pacers.

Anthony Davis got a ring with Lebron... Shaq didn't get a ring without Kobe or D-Wade. Kobe won two more with Pau Gasol. MJ won 6 rings with nobodies at the 4 and 5 besides Rodman.

Do you need more evidence guards/perimeter players win rings? The Pacers aren't winning an NBA championship with the guards on the roster. Ivey has the potential to be better than any of the guards on the Pacers.
So you just want to cherry pick championships? Who were the perimeter players that carried Tim Duncan to 5 rings? What dominant guard carried Dirk to getting his ring?

That’s a complete BS statement. The last two decades have pretty much been the warriors or whatever team Lebron is on. That doesn’t mean the rest of the league has no alphas. The chances of Ivey becoming a player that leads a team to a championship are slim to none.

Lol oh so now they have to be the best player on their team? Okay.

Pacers not only have Brogdon and Hield, they also have Duarte and Haliburton. Haliburton can be the perimeter creator you are speaking of. There are many players better suited for the Pacers than Ivey. Ivey will have a great career, but it won’t be on the Pacers.
You need more than 1 creator. Haliburton is good, but if he’s your most dynamic perimeter threat, you aren’t winning a title.

None of the other 3 are starters on a championship team, unless you have LeBron and Wade for them to play off of.

edit: Or put another way, if Anthony Davis is your best player, you aren’t winning a championship.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT