ADVERTISEMENT

Ivey going #1

You need more than 1 creator. Haliburton is good, but if he’s your most dynamic perimeter threat, you aren’t winning a title.

None of the other 3 are starters on a championship team, unless you have LeBron and Wade for them to play off of.
Lol you have a lot of BS rules. You should just stick with “You aren’t winning a title unless you have 2-3 NBA All Stars”.

As I said originally, the Pacers aren’t winning a title regardless if they get Ivey or not.

I’m curious to why everyone thinks that 2 through 4 is more important than the other? All these players you are arguing about should have similar skill sets. Those are the scoring positions and considered(more and more) interchangeable in the modern game. Especially the 2s and 3s. All should be able to pass exceptionally well. It’s all about match ups at those 3 spots. All the above players can break down players. That’s why I’m thinking the pacers take any of those players that fall to 6.

So you just want to cherry pick championships? Who were the perimeter players that carried Tim Duncan to 5 rings? What dominant guard carried Dirk to getting his ring?

That’s a complete BS statement. The last two decades have pretty much been the warriors or whatever team Lebron is on. That doesn’t mean the rest of the league has no alphas. The chances of Ivey becoming a player that leads a team to a championship are slim to none.

Tim Duncan is the best power forward of all time, and Tony Parker/Manu Ginobli were the perimeter creators. Tony was one of the best PGs in the league for a few years, it mattered. And I "cherry picked" like 13 championships?? Lol

You made my/New Pals argument when you said Warriors/Lebron the last few years. All perimeter driven teams.

Ivey does have a small chance of that, the current Pacers guards have 0 chance.

Lol you have a lot of BS rules. You should just stick with “You aren’t winning a title unless you have 2-3 NBA All Stars”.
They aren’t “rules”. They are observations from watching the modern NBA. You need dynamic perimeter creators to win titles.

Tim Duncan is the best power forward of all time, and Tony Parker/Manu Ginobli were the perimeter creators. Tony was one of the best PGs in the league for a few years, it mattered. And I "cherry picked" like 13 championships?? Lol

You made my/New Pals argument when you said Warriors/Lebron the last few years. All perimeter driven teams.

Ivey does have a small chance of that, the current Pacers guards have 0 chance.
Lol no. The Warriors and whatever team Lebron was playing for had the best overall teams. Steph is the best PG of all time. Lebron is arguably the best player of all time. Put them with a couple other all stars and it’s no wonder they have won so many championships.

They aren’t “rules”. They are observations from watching the modern NBA. You need dynamic perimeter creators to win titles.
Why can’t they win a championship?
They can’t win a championship, because they are a small market team that gets no interest from big time free agents. Unless they can find a Giannis, they have no chance.

Ivey couldn’t even lead us passed St Peter’s and you think he could lead the Pacers to a championship.

Reactions: SCBoiler1
They can’t win a championship, because they are a small market team that gets no interest from big time free agents. Unless they can find a Giannis, they have no chance.

Ivey couldn’t even lead us passed St Peter’s and you think he could lead the Pacers to a championship.
In my view he won some postseason awards based on his pro potential not based on his college accomplishments.

You see the over the top athleticism and you think this guy could be a perennial NBA all star but I'd be a little worried about his shooting if I were drafting his in the top 5. I see Ivey has having the highest ceiling but also see him as being the biggest risk in the draft.

Reactions: boilerball2021
Lol no. The Warriors and whatever team Lebron was playing for had the best overall teams. Steph is the best PG of all time. Lebron is arguably the best player of all time. Put them with a couple other all stars and it’s no wonder they have won so many championships.

The foundation of almost all championship teams is an elite perimeter player. You are just cementing the argument. Those teams were the best teams BECAUSE OF Lebron/Steph

In my view he won some postseason awards based on his pro potential not based on his college accomplishments.

You see the over the top athleticism and you think this guy could be a perennial NBA all star but I'd be a little worried about his shooting if I were drafting his in the top 5. I see Ivey has having the highest ceiling but also see him as being the biggest risk in the draft.

Markelle Fultz can't hit a layup and went #1... get out of here with that weak sauce

Reactions: pboiler18

Lol those aren't even close to the same thing. He has the potential to be a great NBA guard, as do about 10 guys drafted every year. Maybe 1 of them gets there.

And they can't win a championship because they choose to barely make the playoffs every year instead of tank to get a high draft pick. Get the great player and people will play there. The small market crap is BS. The best player ever for the Pacers is Reggie Miller, that's the problem with the Pacers, not Indy.

That’s kind of false. San Antonio and Detroit are considered small market. The Pacers had 3-4 chances to win it all. Blew it once with the malice game. Best chance was in 98. They had Chicago on the ropes too. Pacers can do it. I think Ivey can. I doubt the pacers take him. I doubt he’s available anyway.

The foundation of almost all championship teams is an elite perimeter player. You are just cementing the argument. Those teams were the best teams BECAUSE OF Lebron/Steph
Yes, because they had two of the top 10 players of all time surrounded by ungodly talent. Steph doesn’t win sh*t if he’s on the Pacers. Lebron doesn’t win sh*t if he’s on the Pacers.

Lol those aren't even close to the same thing. He has the potential to be a great NBA guard, as do about 10 guys drafted every year. Maybe 1 of them gets there.

And they can't win a championship because they choose to barely make the playoffs every year instead of tank to get a high draft pick. Get the great player and people will play there. The small market crap is BS. The best player ever for the Pacers is Reggie Miller, that's the problem with the Pacers, not Indy.
You make my point by saying Reggie is the best Pacer of all time. No one wants to play here.

New Pal’s point was that the Pacers should trade up to take Ivey. That’s just not a smart move given their roster. If they are going to trade up they should trade up to 3 to take Holmgren or Banchero who are projected to be better players than Ivey and also happen to fill a huge hole in the current roster.

Even if Ivey falls to 6 the Pacers should trade back and get more assets while getting a player they wanted all along.

That’s kind of false. San Antonio and Detroit are considered small market. The Pacers had 3-4 chances to win it all. Blew it once with the malice game. Best chance was in 98. They had Chicago on the ropes too. Pacers can do it. I think Ivey can. I doubt the pacers take him. I doubt he’s available anyway.
San Antonio is the 7th biggest city in the country. Detroit had a good run, but hasn’t been relevant in over a decade.

San Antonio is the 7th biggest city in the country. Detroit had a good run, but hasn’t been relevant in over a decade.
I had to look this up. You're right, SA is the 7th largest. I was surprised by that actually. SA/New Braunfels MSA is only the 24th largest market, however. Indy MSA is the 33rd largest.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Off topic. Dallas mayor wants a second NFL team in Dallas. Would be good to have an AFC team but San Antonio makes more sense with the population boom there.

Markelle Fultz can't hit a layup and went #1... get out of here with that weak sauce
Not sure I get your point. I would say Fultz is a bust.

I'm not predicting Ivey will be a bust but I'm not sure he'll be in the all star game next year either.

Not sure I get your point. I would say Fultz is a bust.

I'm not predicting Ivey will be a bust but I'm not sure he'll be in the all star game next year either.
Ivey is built for todays nba. He’s got most of the tools already. Guys are already making the Morant comparison. We’ll see.

Reactions: pboiler18
You make my point by saying Reggie is the best Pacer of all time. No one wants to play here.

New Pal’s point was that the Pacers should trade up to take Ivey. That’s just not a smart move given their roster. If they are going to trade up they should trade up to 3 to take Holmgren or Banchero who are projected to be better players than Ivey and also happen to fill a huge hole in the current roster.

Even if Ivey falls to 6 the Pacers should trade back and get more assets while getting a player they wanted all along.
Banchero and Holmgren don’t have the upside to be an alpha on a championship team. Ivey does.

Bigs don’t win titles.

Reactions: rapapathanasiou
What championships did curry win in college?
Agree. With the skill set Ivey has today he’s a 20pt a night guy in NBA. Dude had 4 hands on him every time he came off of a screen in our conference. And still got to the basket with ease.

I don’t see him suddenly unable to do that in the league where if you breathe on a guy now it’s a foul.

I don’t think he lands on an all star team next year but I think he’s pretty easily a top 30 guy in the league 2-3 years from now.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?

You need dynamic perimeter creators to win titles. Jaden could be one of those.

What championships did the Alpha Ivey win in college?
Same amount as Wade, Klay, Steph, Ja, etc.

And- He’ll have much better teammates in the NBA, with an offense that is much better suited to his strengths.

Obviously he needs to keep developing his game and his body to get to that level. That’s why it’s called “upside”. Banchero is certainly better now, but I think Jaden could be the best in 4-5 years, and at a much more valuable position.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
6 Championships
Hakeem also brought houston a couple of championships. the Bulls had some other all stars on that team. several players the Bulls added were all stars prior to playing for the Bulls. however, they accepted their new roles. Grant, Cartright and rodman all come to mind. When jordan tried to do it all, they were a mediocre team.

Last edited:
Hakeem also brought houston a couple of championships. the Bulls had some other all stars on that team. When jordan tried to do it all, they were a mediocre team.
Bulls floundered when Jordan stepped away to play baseball. Hakeem won the year Jordan stepped away and the year he made a comeback. Clyde Drexler was also there for the Rockets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT