ADVERTISEMENT

IU's Allen better than Brohm?

Have to admit that IU was well coached allowing PSU to score near the end of regulation play. He played for the POSSIBILITY of a win, not minimizing a loss.

Reactions: DAG10
24/7 sports

Let the arguing begin.

And let's check back in 10 years.
N2B-yNXNOw36ax_-i7APjyQPISYeR9rwEbzc8vGnESerXVME51dQtr8UjS3IxuAzTbiM_sMlCv76mJytDoPkWLd5ANTVkzx9IWALcg99JXEvVN8KW9_ZC9b1iEoXFU1PohnhQ2WxvIx9sqDB-F5x-mO3cPtXc7eEcYI

Brohm has never made a base salary of 6 mil. But whatever helps you sleep at night. Idc who's better, just glad we have one that is rebuilding Purdue and showing a bright future.
That's right! He doesn't have a base salary of 6 Million, but everything that comes with him coaching at Purdue comes a little over 6 Million. He is the 8th Highest paid coach in football

That's right! He doesn't have a base salary of 6 Million, but everything that comes with him coaching at Purdue comes a little over 6 Million. He is the 8th Highest paid coach in football
As usual you're just wrong. This year Brohm’s salary, including the 2nd half of a $1.7 million retention bonus, doesn't reach $6 million. In fact at no point during the entire length of his contact does he reach $6 million. Dont let facts get in the way of your claims, though.

Reactions: Purdue85
Are you familiar with fish on a hook, he used other schools to reel Purdue in for that money and never won the west.
Purdue paid him for what he is doing, not what he was. Rebuilding the program means more than wins and losses in the first few years. Also, look at it like this, if he left for Louisville, Purdue would have been in a worse place than when he got there.

The kiosk at McDonald's does all the math for him
With that contract Brahm has you're a d must be working at McDonald's
As usual you're just wrong. This year Brohm’s salary, including the 2nd half of a $1.7 million retention bonus, doesn't reach $6 million. In fact at no point during the entire length of his contact does he reach $6 million. Dont let facts get in the way of your claims, though.
How much do you think he makes a season coaching Purdue football? He is the second highest paid coach in the Big Ten. Just Google top 10 highest-paid coaches in NCAA football.

Reactions: Ikeiu94

How much do you think he makes a season coaching Purdue football? He is the second highest paid coach in the Big Ten. Just Google top 10 highest-paid coaches in NCAA football.
Complete f'ing idiots like IUPACK are why you don't put a post like this on a Purdue board. We'll never get rid of this moron. Nice job Dandeloin...

Reactions: BBG

His salary for 2019 was $4.5 million plus the first half($850 K) of a 2 year, $1.7 million retention bonus, thus $5.350 million. In 2020 the salary is $4.7 million plus the second half of the retention bonus($850 K) equals a total of $5.550 million. I know it's difficult for you to understand but neither total is at or above $6 million, even including the retention bonus. You must be finding the usa today report to claim $6.6 million, a report that was inaccurate (big surprise that Gannett would report inaccurate information - TIC) which a couple other sources have used. Brohm’s 2021 salary is $4.900 million - no retention bonus that year by the way.

Complete f'ing idiots like IUPACK are why you don't put a post like this on a Purdue board. We'll never get rid of this moron. Nice job Dandeloin...
Agreed. For the record Brohm has a player arrested for marijuana possession - kid already misses a game. IU player breaks in his girlfriend’s apartment smacks her around and misses NO game time. I’ll take Brohm- the coach that seems to care about player behavior.

Reactions: purduepat1969
This article loses all credibility when you read #44 Greg Schiano's rational for having him there:

'From 2001-2011, Greg Schiano transformed Rutgers from a Big Ten bottom-dweller to a bowl-game perennial.'

Just a little problem with this: Rutgers didn't join the Big Ten until 2014. I'll throw the baby out with the bath water on this one.

Allen has Indiana ahead of Purdue, as they always should've been. Indiana finally made a commitment to football, something that they never ever did before. We see with that commitment comes better facilities, better recruits, better coaching and better victories.

It takes the right coach to be successful at these places. It appears that Indiana has their man after many years of searching. Brohm isn't a Purdue man, he's a Louisville man. I just am not too sure he will ultimately stay around Purdue. Frankly, the shine has worn off Jeff Brohm. Getting your brains beaten in down in Nashville by Auburn really slowed your program down, that's a fact.

Allen has Indiana ahead of Purdue, as they always should've been. Indiana finally made a commitment to football, something that they never ever did before. We see with that commitment comes better facilities, better recruits, better coaching and better victories.

It takes the right coach to be successful at these places. It appears that Indiana has their man after many years of searching. Brohm isn't a Purdue man, he's a Louisville man. I just am not too sure he will ultimately stay around Purdue. Frankly, the shine has worn off Jeff Brohm. Getting your brains beaten in down in Nashville by Auburn really slowed your program down, that's a fact.

Brohm has more wins over teams that finished ranked, more wins over P5 teams that finished with winning records, more wins over Big Ten teams that finished with winning records and has won 2 of 3 against iu. No, allen doesn't have iu ahead of Purdue(despite allen inheriting a program in much, MUCH better shape), and iu will never be "always ahead of Purdue ". You're living in fantasy land.

As an IU fan,you have plenty of experience at getting your brains beat out.You are right about the Hoosiers searching for many years to find a winning coach since Bo McMillan was the last one to leave IU with a winning record,leaving after the 1947 season.There cant be many Hoosier fans alive who can remember when he coached there .Those are facts.

Ya. You’re right. The shine of Jeff Brohm has worn off. :rolleyes: The 2019 and 2020 recruiting classes for Purdue weren’t very good. LOL. And which school’s home game attendance was much higher last year ? Oh and geese don’t count for IU. LOL

The shine is so far off that he just beat Iowa playing Iowa ball with a super young team, no coach, no RB1, and no WR1.

Imagine thinking Brohm and Allen inherited similar situations. Brohm had one of the toughest rebuilds in power 5. Allen had a team that made back to back bowls?

Honest question, if brohm isn't staying after turning down Tennessee and Louisville (as a Louisville guy), where is he going?

Well you can wonder whether or not Horvath was third but he ripped the Hawkeyes for 129 yards,and ran for 164 vs the Hoosiers last year.Thats what counts.

• Wow
My point is he is 3rd on the depth chart and I’m not sure what your personal preseason expectations have to do with that fact.
Where are you seeing he's 3rd on the depth chart?

It's accurate to say that he was the starter going into this season. That he was unable to go in week 1 doesn't magically put him 3rd.

Allen did NOT win that game. Franklin lost it by not calling for a knee or at least ensureing his players knew how important it would be to take a knee.
PSU had more than double total yards, double time of possession, better 3rd down effeciency, and on and on.
But as Joe Tiller said, stats are for losers. We'll see how IU fares the rest of the season.
Boiler UP!!

On the most BASIC level, Allen is a better price/wins value. But that certainly doesn't tell the story.

But for COVID, I would have said this would be the season to see if either really sets himself apart. As it is where COVID has ruined everything, I think we'll need to wait to next year to get a better read of it.

I can say with certainty that Brohm created a bigger change in program momentum. Allen had a better situation he walked into and has kept a steady trajectory slowly upward. Brohm has had better recruiting based on star rankings. Brohm's signature win (OSU) is better than Allen's (PSU). Brohm also has Iowa as a "big" win. Allen has fewer "bad" losses. I'm happy with Allen, and I imagine you guys are happy with Brohm.

And on the point of the PSU win being fluky, that's valid, although I don't ENTIRELY agree. The Michigan game is my barometer for how the season is going to go.

My point is he is 3rd on the depth chart and I’m not sure what your personal preseason expectations have to do with that fact.

Not sure what claiming my personal preseason expectations were involved have anything to do with this. Doerue was the expected starter and that was reinforced through staff interviews in the preseason. Since Purdue didn't release a depth chart prior to the game against Iowa that's pretty much all we have to go on. Your "fact" is flat wrong.

Not sure what claiming my personal preseason expectations were involved have anything to do with this. Doerue was the expected starter and that was reinforced through staff interviews in the preseason. Since Purdue didn't release a depth chart prior to the game against Iowa that's pretty much all we have to go on. Your "fact" is flat wrong.
ahh I saw a depth chart posted somewhere last week that listed him as RB3 but did not realize it was not an official one. apologies.

king-size-dunce-me-irl-28833621.png

On the most BASIC level, Allen is a better price/wins value. But that certainly doesn't tell the story.

But for COVID, I would have said this would be the season to see if either really sets himself apart. As it is where COVID has ruined everything, I think we'll need to wait to next year to get a better read of it.

I can say with certainty that Brohm created a bigger change in program momentum. Allen had a better situation he walked into and has kept a steady trajectory slowly upward. Brohm has had better recruiting based on star rankings. Brohm's signature win (OSU) is better than Allen's (PSU). Brohm also has Iowa as a "big" win. Allen has fewer "bad" losses. I'm happy with Allen, and I imagine you guys are happy with Brohm.

And on the point of the PSU win being fluky, that's valid, although I don't ENTIRELY agree. The Michigan game is my barometer for how the season is going to go.
Good post.I said IU deserved the win over PSU because of their rally in the end of regulationIt was a bit of a fluke however since the Penn State QB gift wrapped the Hoosiers their first ten polnts with those two early picks Andthe Michigan game will tell us how good IU really is.

Reactions: DGJRieman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT