ADVERTISEMENT

IU vs Purdue - Game Discussion Thread

Huh?? After the opener in Wisconsin, we could reel off six straight wins!! We could be 6-1 going into a home tilt with PSU! After that, we will expect to beat Illinois at home and Purdue at home. That would put us at 8 wins once again.

Let me say this, IF Michael Penix stays fairly healthy, we could be very, very good.
You won’t beat MSU. But yes I see your 3 patsies on the schedule. Then lose a bunch before you see Purdue.

You played nobody all season and needed 2OT’s

Basically your best team in modern history is = Purdue injury depleted retool.

I see 6 losses with the new schedule for IU.

First off - the Purdue non-con was nothing. Maybe slightly better than IU’s. Nevada? You weren’t injured then. Two home games against the worst team in the SEC and a team with a losing record in TCU.

You played Penn State on the toad and got waxed. No shame there. IU had Penn State on the road and OSU and Michigan. Two games you would not have won. You had 7 home games. You should have been 3-0 heading into the season. You scraped by Northwestern in a game they absolutely gifted you. They make a chip shot field goal and it was over for Purdue, only to be made up by a phantom PI call at the end. Illinois / you had no business losing that at home. Injuries are part of the game. Next man up.
Hell - half of IU’s OL was a triage ward going into this game. Our best RB is out. Our primary QB was injured 3 games back, although not much of a drop off. Peyton is a game manager.

You offense is dynamic. Defense needs big upgrades, like ours.

The Boilers played 7 home games this year! You blew at least 2 of them that you should not have lost.

Reactions: secondasky
First off - the Purdue non-con was nothing. Maybe slightly better than IU’s. Nevada? You weren’t injured then. Two home games against the worst team in the SEC and a team with a losing record in TCU.

You played Penn State on the toad and got waxed. No shame there. IU had Penn State on the road and OSU and Michigan. Two games you would not have won. You had 7 home games. You should have been 3-0 heading into the season. You scraped by Northwestern in a game they absolutely gifted you. They make a chip shot field goal and it was over for Purdue, only to be made up by a phantom PI call at the end. Illinois / you had no business losing that at home. Injuries are part of the game. Next man up.
Hell - half of IU’s OL was a triage ward going into this game. Our best RB is out. Our primary QB was injured 3 games back, although not much of a drop off. Peyton is a game manager.

The Boilers played 7 home games this year! You blew at least 2 of them that you should not have lost.

Lots of BS in your post.
If Purdue's non-conference was nothing then iu's was high school level. Games against the worst team(and historically bad) in the American conference, a fair(at best) MAC team and a friggin terrible FCS team. Nevada isn't great, but playing them out there is tougher than anything iu faced. Your team would've likely lost that and the TCU games.
In the Big Ten iu would've lost at Wisconsin and at Iowa, just as Purdue did. Heck, iu lost to MSU who got beat at home by Illinois (and barely beat Maryland today).
Half of iu's line was hurt? Big deal, Purdue has been missing 2 starting offensive linemen for 4+ games now. In addition the guy who would've been the starting RB broke his jaw early this year and has only 12 carries on the year. Purdue lost two starting wide receivers early this year, including the top returning playmaker in the conference. Purdue lost its starting QB, it's 2nd string QB, it's 3rd string QB and STILL had 400 yards passing against iu with a 4th string, walk-on QB. Satisfied yet? On defense Purdue's top returning DL never played a game this year due to injury. One defensive end missed a third of the games with injury, the top LB(and a likely all conference guy)played 2 games before being lost for the year, another LB missed today(and other games). Hell, Purdue started walk-on at QB, RB and center today. You have NO comparison on the injury record. Youth? Purdue started far more freshmen today, and had many more in the 2 deeps than iu did. Yet your best team had to go double OT to get a win.
Oh, and iu had essentially 7 home games - the "neutral" site game against that "vaunted" MAC school sure wasn't a road game.
Keep the bucket clean - Purdue will want it that way when we reclaim it next season, dipshit.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTimeAt69 and BBG

I'll be dead by then, but I can just picture a game in 2039 at the Rock in Bloomington where they honor the 2019 team. Season highlights ? Not beating a team with a winning record. Some old dude will nudge the kid next to him, "We almost beat PSU that year, but the refs screwed us".

Last edited:
Seriously I can‘t believe the ridiculous scheduling the get away with. It’s laughable.

I know the best IU team in decades was basically even with Purdue’s rebuild.
Schiano did the same thing when at RU the first time and will prolly do it again.

Purdue ain't winning in Bloomington next year, pal.LOL That's hilarious to even read considering Indiana will have the key pieces back from an 8-9 win team.

Our starting QB is stupid talented, he will carve your defense up like Thursday's turkey.

Penix is a capable B1G qb. Let's not get out over our skis here.

Reactions: jindy and indy35

Our defense is getting big upgrades

Worst 8-4 team in college football no doubt
Seriously. Dude, be objective. Worst? That's a silly homer comment. Just say if you're not a Boiler you suck and leave it at that. I get our rivalry, but we just look silly making grandiose comments with no root in fact.

Seriously. Dude, be objective. Worst? That's a silly homer comment. Just say if you're not a Boiler you suck and leave it at that. I get our rivalry, but we just look silly making grandiose comments with no root in fact.
I don’t know, is there another 8 win team out there that doesn’t even have a win against a team that finished .500 or better?

I don’t know, is there another 8 win team out there that doesn’t even have a win against a team that finished .500 or better?
Now that's a great way to pose it - there are 40 FBS teams with 8 or more wins. I'm not going to go through their schedules. But you may have a point with the .500 or better issue. That said, I wouldn't exactly equate the B10 to Conference USA, Mountain West, and the Sun Belt. My view is wins are tough in the B10. Hell, we lost 4 games by a touchdown or less. 2 of those to damn good teams. IU lost by a touchdown or so to PSU and MSU. Just as we could have been 8-4, IU could have been 10 and 2. I don't want to cheapen a win in the B10. All I'm saying is that facts matter.

Reactions: BTBall
Now that's a great way to pose it - there are 40 FBS teams with 8 or more wins. I'm not going to go through their schedules. But you may have a point with the .500 or better issue. That said, I wouldn't exactly equate the B10 to Conference USA, Mountain West, and the Sun Belt. My view is wins are tough in the B10. Hell, we lost 4 games by a touchdown or less. 2 of those to damn good teams. IU lost by a touchdown or so to PSU and MSU. Just as we could have been 8-4, IU could have been 10 and 2. I don't want to cheapen a win in the B10. All I'm saying is that facts matter.
Coulda', shoulda', woulda', but didn't. Unless they get a weak opponent in their post-season bid, they're going to be embarrassed.

Reactions: SIBoiler2
Coulda', shoulda', woulda', but didn't. Unless they get a weak opponent in their post-season bid, they're going to be embarrassed.
Probably, but I was talking about our scenario. Our 8-8 would have been much stronger than IU's because it would likely have meant wins over Minnesota and Iowa. But there again, that is a coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Probably, but I was talking about our scenario. Our 8-8 would have been much stronger than IU's because it would likely have meant wins over Minnesota and Iowa. But there again, that is a coulda, woulda, shoulda.
I have a strong suspicion that you are a past poster in new threads. A Loosier troll in fake Boiler dress.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr

Yes Nevada's not A powerhouse but I bet any kind of money they will Beat All the teams Indiana played before the big 10. You're football schedule just like your basketball schedule is shit

You act like Illinois Football program is less than Indiana's but at least they beat somebody with a winning record and a ranked team. They beat Michigan state at Michigan state did you. The West is not as weak as Indiana fans tried to make it be.

Name me a worse one - the teams they beat are like 20-60 this season.
Crushed vs OSU and UM. Hung with PSU.
Paper tiger.

No one is worried enough about IU to be a homer, what with their pathetic attendance and their sucky recruiting class.

Reactions: pu1985
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT