ADVERTISEMENT

IU Recruiting

You are very welcome to your opinion, but I do disagree, somewhat. I think the willingness of some programs to bring in questionable kids contributes to a pattern of criminal actions during and after their college careers. Included in this issue is the lack of oversight that some schools tolerate. Yes, some kids make mistakes and cross the boundary into criminal, or at least, immoral behavior. However a long term pattern of criminal behavior from players off a certain college team points to some recruiting issues. They are bringing in the wrong kids. I think MSU is an excellent example of bringing in and retaining the wrong kids leads to post-graduation criminal behavior.
Indiana fans enabled Knight's behavior. Kelvin Sampson's behavior as well. There fore fans behavior enables players behavior.

We did beat you at home. We were a final shot from beating you in Mackey (with a team you guys claimed was Painter’s best ever). You lost an All-American, a 2nd team All-Big Ten player, and a 3 year starter. We lost nothing and added two 5*.

There is a good chance we sweep you next year. As has happened throughout the rivalry, each team has its ups and downs.
Big deal. Sleepy Mike has to build a team with all these 5 stars. There will be another pot-induced traffic stop or one of these 5 stars will poke another 5 stars’ girlfriend and the team tanks again. Overall IU has been down for decades…….

Reactions: Riveting-
Big deal. Sleepy Mike has to build a team with all these 5 stars. There will be another pot-induced traffic stop or one of these 5 stars will poke another 5 stars’ girlfriend and the team tanks again. Overall IU has been down for decades…….
Be careful, IU is bringing back everyone… from what? The ninth place team? Sounds like they are a lock for ninth place, right?

Truth is that they were a pretty good team last year that feasted on a weak pre season schedule, they were just okay in the BIG. Competitive, but still in the bottom half of the Big Ten.

Last edited:
Be careful, IU is bringing back everyone… from what? The ninth place team? Sounds like they are a lock for ninth place, right?
Another way of looking at it - Purdue was projected 1st in the B1G last year and finished third, so IU's mean expectation is third in the B1G and a 3 tourney seed.

Last edited:
Another way of looking at it - Purdue was projected 1st in the B1G last year and finished third, so IU's mean expectation is third in the B1G and a 3 tourney seed.
All kidding aside, the BIG is a tough league, and there are always surprise teams. Last year UM and Wisconsin benefitted from a favorable schedule. There was a single win difference between first (UM and UW) and third (Purdue), right? Every game in the BIG is tough.

Purdue had the best overall record of any BIG team at 29-8. IU fell to ninth place at 21-14, and had a losing record (9-11) in the BIG. So far IU has not really laid the ground work for a super season this year based on "having everyone back". Counting on a couple 5-star freshman to turn around a weak team might work, but in the BIG that is unlikely. It usually takes a year of college experience to have talent really blossom.

:cool:

All kidding aside, the BIG is a tough league, and there are always surprise teams. Last year UM and Wisconsin benefitted from a favorable schedule. There was a single win difference between first (UM and UW) and third (Purdue), right? Every game in the BIG is tough.

Purdue had the best overall record of any BIG team at 29-8. IU fell to ninth place at 21-14, and had a losing record (9-11) in the BIG. So far IU has not really laid the ground work for a super season this year based on "having everyone back". Counting on a couple 5-star freshman to turn around a weak team might work, but in the BIG that is unlikely. It usually takes a year of college experience to have talent really blossom.

:cool:
Experience matters. Talented experience is a premium. IU and PU bring some of that this year. Will be very interesting to say the least. Oh and FYI. A few have been asking about my wife. Surgery went better than expected. Waiting on pathology report. Probably go home late Saturday or Sunday.

Experience matters. Talented experience is a premium. IU and PU bring some of that this year. Will be very interesting to say the least. Oh and FYI. A few have been asking about my wife. Surgery went better than expected. Waiting on pathology report. Probably go home late Saturday or Sunday.

Agree that it could be an interesting year for both Purdue and Indiana....that's why they play the games.....heard that somewhere, haha.

Hope the prognosis for your wife continues to be positive and provides some much needed relief for your family.

I hope that your wife receives a good pathology report and recovers well from her hospitalization.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Seems like an irrelevant stat, but with TJD back, we would have a good shot of doing that next year.

I mean we almost did it this year. You guys got worse and we brought back the same team plus a couple studs.
This thread seems to have evolved into the high school chants where one team crowd yells that they are better than the other and the other team crowd says no we are best. Life is pretty good when this is what we choose to argue about.

Talented experience may be a premium but I think it may be addition but subtraction for IU if TJD were to leave. The rest of the team seems to play better when he is off the course against good competition. He clogs the lane for your guards to penetrate and when you put a big defender on him and force him to take a shot more than 5’ from basket he misses. Indiana’s returning talent also isn’t going to figure out how to sink 3s over night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT