ADVERTISEMENT

IU over Wisconsin?

Go Hoosiers. Won't happen but go IU, beat WISC and put Purdue back to #1 in the B10.

Reactions: Maddogbob
Against my normal standards I was for Michigan in the NC game and leaning for rooting for IU over Wisconsin. What say you?
Me too. I despise/disdain wisc. After what that dic bennet coach of theirs, set the conf back to the 1920's w/its gimmick "pack line" defense, which it still has not recovered from. As for Michigan, I am just happy that finally, a warm weather team did not win the NC yet again.

Reactions: goboilers2
Problem with Wisconsin, have 6 guys that can post double figure scoring. That is a major problem for iu, a team who seems unwilling to defend at times.

However, the Wisconsin team D seems to be spotty too at times and allows too much inside often.....which could keep iu in the game. If they allow iu to make a game of it, then they get motivated to compete.

But home team wins.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Problem with Wisconsin, have 6 guys that can post double figure scoring. That is a major problem for iu, a team who seems unwilling to defend at times.

However, the Wisconsin team D seems to be spotty too at times and allows too much inside often.....which could keep iu in the game. If they allow iu to make a game of it, then they get motivated to compete.

But home team wins.
There’s that and the fact they haven’t won at Wisconsin since 1998…

Against my normal standards I was for Michigan in the NC game and leaning for rooting for IU over Wisconsin. What say you?
It's better for Purdue, so yeah, rooting for IU. I hate IU, but I love Purdue more than I hate IU. Wisconsin has an easier schedule than us and have already won @ OSU when they were playing fairly well. That may or may not become an easy game for Purdue as well. I don't want to bank on having to sweep them to outright win the Big Ten. Wisky is a threat, IU is not, easy call.

This game depends on Ware/Reneau dominating the paint both offensively and defensively.
I’m not so sure….id say it’s more can IU stop Storr and the guards of Wisconsin? I’d bet that they won’t be able to do that.

I think Wahl, Crowl and Winter will be able to match Ware and Reneau’s production.

Reactions: tjreese
Nope. Can't do it. I won't root for IU unless Purdue has no other avenue to achieve a goal.
I fully get that. Where I struggle is believing the best team doesn't always win in a given game. I do think Purdue wins both game against Wisconsin. I also think Purdue can win at Illinois, but consider that possibly a really hard game there as well. Road games have always been tough in the Big

This game depends on Ware/Reneau dominating the paint both offensively and defensively.

I THINK they can against Wahl and Crowl, but we will see.

Wisconsin has better guard play, even with Hepburn being their version of X (the streakiness not the dumbassery)

Reactions: Poprudy
I THINK they can against Wahl and Crowl, but we will see.

Wisconsin has better guard play, even with Hepburn being their version of X (the streakiness not the dumbassery)
If IU doesn't have fire for this game, not that fire alone makes shots...IU will continue to struggle. I look for focused intensity early from IU. If IU has an atypical day shooting the ball...meaning making some...who knows?

Reactions: Poprudy
Nope. Can't do it. I won't root for IU unless Purdue has no other avenue to achieve a goal.
But an IU win over WIS would help Purdue. Time to be the bigger man and support / root for Purdue. Doesn't mean you have to buy "little brother" branded gear or dress like a clown, just sit quietly and smile if they win, or lose.

Here’s my Purdue warped hardened outlook, if Wisconsin wins tonight, I would expect Purdue to win in Iowa. But if IU pulls off the upset in Madtown, Purdue will look a gift horse in the puss and will drop the game in Carver. We’ve seen such gifts not taken advantage of before, once or 100 times. I do feel this team and season is different though, but I am still scarred. Go Boilers

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Here’s my Purdue warped hardened outlook, if Wisconsin wins tonight, I would expect Purdue to win in Iowa. But if IU pulls off the upset in Madtown, Purdue will look a gift horse in the puss and will drop the game in Carver. We’ve seen such gifts not taken advantage of before, once or 100 times. I do feel this team and season is different though, but I am still scarred. Go Boilers
here's my take, will not root for iu but I prefer them to win, it helps us and also keeps Woody around longer

It will take a superb defensive effort for Indiana to win this game. The Hoosiers are giving up 71 ppg in B1G play, and 76 ppg in three conference road games (1-2 record).

I expect Wisconsin to be dialed in after their slip up at Penn State.

It's going to be a tough test for IU.

If iu wins, great. But no way I'm pulling for them.

"To hell with them fellas."
fQPlkv.gif

This who concept makes me taste bile. I just cant. Granted, a part of me will be happy for an IU win, but in no way should that be construed as cheering for the slack jawed folk of gloomington.

Ware listed as questionable and seen in a walking boot off the bus?? 🤨

Guess he’s still recovering from his father putting up 33 and 14 on him from Tuesday

Well Ware is out tonight and Galloway is in some sort of back brace. They are gonna get smoked tonight.

We literally broke their team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT